• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Push Square: The PS5, PS4 Release Schedule for 2023 Is Officially Bonkers"

Banned
not interested

🤣🤣 hell no

😎👍

🤷

🤣 naahhhh

maybe... we'll see

could be great, could be trash...

FINALLY! took them long enough!

naaaahhhh... miss me with that shit

🤮

🙏 please be good

🤷

😴

big potential to be shit... let's hope it's not

never heard of it

Final... Fantasy... OMEGALUL

❓❓❓

😴😴

delay chance 95%

🤷

I have a feeling it's gonna be shit, but the hope that it will bring back that AC2 goodness

Deck 13 is extremely mediocre, maybe this will be their first truly great game

😴

😴😴😴

🤷

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😴😴😴😴😴

dating action game 🤨

😴😴😴😴😴😴

could be fun... but probably only for a few hours

I mean, clunky, not great, but has its fans...

🤷

🤣🤣🤣🤣 fuck no

🤘🤘🤘

it's so weird that they changed the name of the series to Like a Dragon

cance of delay 99%

imma be straight with you... I have all of them loaded up on my Series X already 🤣

looks fun

😴

😴😴

delay chance 110%, we don't know shit about this game

🤷

looks cute, not my thing tho

😴😴😴😴😴

🧐👍

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

😈😈

😎👍

delay chance, 70%

😴😴😴😴

meeeehhhhh

meh

😴😴😴😴

🧐👍

🤣🤣🤣 fuck no, dogshit games all of them

meh

the beta is decent, but imo a big step down from NiOh

not interested

🤣🤣 hell no

😎👍

🤷

🤣 naahhhh

maybe... we'll see

could be great, could be trash...

FINALLY! took them long enough!

naaaahhhh... miss me with that shit

🤮

🙏 please be good

🤷

😴

big potential to be shit... let's hope it's not

never heard of it

Final... Fantasy... OMEGALUL

❓❓❓

😴😴

delay chance 95%

🤷

I have a feeling it's gonna be shit, but the hope that it will bring back that AC2 goodness

Deck 13 is extremely mediocre, maybe this will be their first truly great game

😴

😴😴😴

🤷

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😴😴😴😴😴

dating action game 🤨

😴😴😴😴😴😴

could be fun... but probably only for a few hours

I mean, clunky, not great, but has its fans...

🤷

🤣🤣🤣🤣 fuck no

🤘🤘🤘

it's so weird that they changed the name of the series to Like a Dragon

cance of delay 99%

imma be straight with you... I have all of them loaded up on my Series X already 🤣

looks fun

😴

😴😴

delay chance 110%, we don't know shit about this game

🤷

looks cute, not my thing tho

😴😴😴😴😴

🧐👍

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

😈😈

😎👍

delay chance, 70%

😴😴😴😴

meeeehhhhh

meh

😴😴😴😴

🧐👍

🤣🤣🤣 fuck no, dogshit games all of them

meh

the beta is decent, but imo a big step down from NiOh
pMsLQuX.jpg

rofif

Banned
Even if most of those games end up as 8/10, 9/10, and 10/10 projects, it will be extremely hard to match the nostalgia of posters here. This forum would need a much younger audience to actually appreciate them for what they are instead of nitpicking them to death.
It's not about appreciation.
From my point of view is that people nowadays accept shit because industry is so dry.
You know we used to have more than 1 game per quarter? 1 game per month? and it was fine.
Looking at the list, I am only interested in few titles.

Sorry that I am so old. 33 is near grave.... I have a gaming experience and it's enough to know that we used to eat better.
hopefully next year will really be good. I've only bought Elden Ring, Horizon2 and tlou this year. Will get ragnarok. Played few more games but only paid these day 1

Flakster99

As an owner of all 3 consoles, fully agreed! That is one heck of a lineup of games. Even if no surprise games are announced/released, there is a lot to choose from.

Year 3 is shaping up nice!

Last edited:
It's not about appreciation.
From my point of view is that people nowadays accept shit because industry is so dry.
You know we used to have more than 1 game per quarter? 1 game per month? and it was fine.
Looking at the list, I am only interested in few titles.

Sorry that I am so old. 33 is near grave.... I have a gaming experience and it's enough to know that we used to eat better.
hopefully next year will really be good. I've only bought Elden Ring, Horizon2 and tlou this year. Will get ragnarok. Played few more games but only paid these day 1
You're somewhat proving my point... for some people it's never enough and it never will be. The gaming industry could literally provide one of the biggest and best years of all time in 2023 and you'll still come out of it saying 'but it wasn't 2001 though', 'but it wasn't 2007 though', 'but it wasn't 2011 though'... It's an impossible standard to current you, who's already put their past experiences on a pedestal that can't be reached.

Maybe, just maybe, for that kid who's turning 10 years old tomorrow or for that high school kid who's about to enter college next fall, 2023 in gaming will be heaven for them.

rofif

Banned
You're somewhat proving my point... for some people it's never enough and it never will be. The gaming industry could literally provide one of the biggest and best years of all time in 2023 and you'll still come out of it saying 'but it wasn't 2001 though', 'but it wasn't 2007 though', 'but it wasn't 2011 though'... It's an impossible standard to current you, who's already put their past experiences on a pedestal that can't be reached.

Maybe, just maybe, for that kid who's turning 10 years old tomorrow or for that high school kid who's about to enter college next fall, 2023 in gaming will be heaven for them.
I see what you are saying there and of course I agree.
That said - it's not my fault that I miss my old experiences. It's normal.
But even when I try to look at 2022 more detached, I still think this year mostly sucked. We had some good games and I played some great remasters on top of that like uc4.... but it is what it is.
I still get enjoyment of out gaming. I am waiting for steam deck to arrive this month... maybe it will somehow help me get back to steam gaming a bit

I see what you are saying there and of course I agree.
That said - it's not my fault that I miss my old experiences. It's normal.
But even when I try to look at 2022 more detached, I still think this year mostly sucked. We had some good games and I played some great remasters on top of that like uc4.... but it is what it is.
I still get enjoyment of out gaming. I am waiting for steam deck to arrive this month... maybe it will somehow help me get back to steam gaming a bit
In the specific case of 2022 I concede my point. I think we can all agree that this year was severely disappointing but I ultimately think it was necessary. I think Cyberpunk 2077 will forever be remembered as a necessary sacrifice point in time, where a lot of single player publishers and developers both, decided to pivot and turn the ship back around from where it was headed, which was buggy, unfinished beta-like releases for public audiences.

I think last year and this year we've been seeing the blowback of them realizing, either through terrible reviews, terrible sales, or simply internal company meetings, that their big games that simply weren't ready for this year. It's a growing pain but an absolutely necessary one and I just hope that in the end it pays off, because everything looks promising for the most part even if personally some people might not like certain games or genres.

rofif

Banned
In the specific case of 2022 I concede my point. I think we can all agree that this year was severely disappointing but I ultimately think it was necessary. I think Cyberpunk 2077 will forever be remembered as a necessary sacrifice point in time, where a lot of single player publishers and developers both, decided to pivot and turn the ship back around from where it was headed, which was buggy, unfinished beta-like releases for public audiences.

I think last year and this year we've been seeing the blowback of them realizing, either through terrible reviews, terrible sales, or simply internal company meetings, that their big games that simply weren't ready for this year. It's a growing pain but an absolutely necessary one and I just hope that in the end it pays off, because everything looks promising for the most part even if personally some people might not like certain games or genres.
and cp 2077 was actually good! At least on pc

//DEVIL//

Sorry I am not following. aside from maybe FF16 and maybe another title, aren't all these games also coming to PC and Xbox? why the mention of PS4/5 only ? is this some sort of Sony fan site ?

yurinka

Now this is just getting silly, isn't it? The mad part is that Sony currently only has one first-party blockbuster scheduled for 2023, and that's Marvel's Spider-Man 2. It's not unreasonable to expect at least one more PlayStation Studios title to drop next year.
They also release PSVR2 'early 2023' with 20+ launch games. Make sure that there will be multiple exciting PSVR2 games during 2023 including several 1st and 2nd party games.

Damn we have games coming into 2024 for our PlayStations?
As I remember Rise of the Ninja, and pretty likely Wolverine (with a few exception Insomniac released at least a game per year) and a new Bungie IP (Bungie said that plan to have released at least one new IP by 2025).

Last edited:

Banned
Not if you're going to show the Xbox port of Half-Life 2.

hey, there were way worse running games back then that got a pass.

anyone who played Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 should know that.

also that Xbox cover is an error in that image, the Xbox version came out in 2005 after all.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I was about to be very disappointed because I thought this was going to be a thread about PS4 exclusives still coming out.

2023 is indeed a stacked stacked year.
I need to figure my life out.....crypto is in the shit, I need to find another scam to make a ton of money without having to actually work, cuz I certainly wont have enough time to get through these games.

Anyone in need of a drinkers kidney?
Mildly used.

AmuroChan

Who do you reckon is the 1st-party dev closest to completing a new game, other than Insomniac with SM2?

SIE San Diego should be up first next year with MLB '23. Then comes Horizon: Call of the Mountain from Firespirite. I would imagine that Team Asobi will also have something ready for the launch of PSVR2.

Top Bottom