• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Push Square: The PS5, PS4 Release Schedule for 2023 Is Officially Bonkers"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
darth-vader-search-your-feelings.gif

picard-startrek.gif

AW2 is my second most anticipated game of the year after RE4 Remake. If it gets pushed out of 2023, I'll be extremely disappointed :(

Last edited:

Banned
picard-startrek.gif

AW2 is my second most anticipated game of the year after RE4 Remake. If it gets pushed out of 2023, I'll be extremely disappointed :(

expect every game to be delayed for at least 6 months.
that's how I do it these days.

if a game gets announced for fall 2023, I hear spring 2024.
if one gets announced for January I expect it to release at around July.

there are exceptions like Resident Evil, since Capcom has a release strategy going that seems to work. they get a game almost done, then annouce it's coming in 6 or 7 months, and it usually works out.

but for almost any other title... +6 months

Most of these games will be delayed. No way publishers will want that much competition.

That’s why most of these games don’t have offical release dates.

Chastten

Banned
Love how people get stuck in nostalgia

That 2004 list only shows 5 or 6 games I played/was interested in (Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Pikmin 2, Halo 2 and Zelda: Four Swords Adventures) so yeah, that wasnt great either. Personally, between all consoles, I already have 15+ games coming out in 2023 that I'm interested in. Sure, some of them are remakes, not all of 'em are gonna turn out great, but neither were those games from back in the day. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

And for what it's worth, I don't own a PS5 or plan on buying one, but that's a pretty solid list of games.

GymWolf

Jan-feb are gonna be fucking brutal.

Also lol at the title, majority of these games are multiplatform or console exclusive, not real ones.

Last edited:
Triggered about what? I don’t give a shit. I popped in to have a look at the expected games. I wasn’t even going to post until that guy got angry for no reason. Anyway why ain’t you already in battle with you arch nemesis adamsapple adamsapple ? You follow him around like a stalker lol

You rarely see me calling out Xbox fanboys because I am rarely in PlayStation threads.
You're posts in this thread are embarrassing; so triggered over a headline that is factually correct and then attempting to back pedal.
Occasionally quoting someone and bring facts to their fiction isn't stalking; is this some sad attempt to shift the conversation and call me names? Speaking of which I see the usual circus loves your post.

You don't need to be in a playstation thread to call out anything. Warring spills into most threads and it also doesn't stop Xbox fans trolling in Xbox threads either. So actually do what you preach.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
expect every game to be delayed for at least 6 months.
that's how I do it these days.

if a game gets announced for fall 2023, I hear spring 2024.
if one gets announced for January I expect it to release at around July.

there are exceptions like Resident Evil, since Capcom has a release strategy going that seems to work. they get a game almost done, then annouce it's coming in 6 or 7 months, and it usually works out.

but for almost any other title... +6 months
Tbh I wouldn’t mind if 70% of them got delayed due to the overwhelming amount of great releases in the coming months

Leyasu

Banned
You're posts in this thread are embarrassing; so triggered over a headline that is factually correct and then attempting to back pedal.
Occasionally quoting someone and bring facts to their fiction isn't stalking; is this some sad attempt to shift the conversation and call me names? Speaking of which I see the usual circus loves your post.

You don't need to be in a playstation thread to call out anything. Warring spills into most threads and it also doesn't stop Xbox fans trolling in Xbox threads either. So actually do what you preach.
Yeah I get it, if a thread title mentions a specific platform, we should expect to talk about other platforms. No problem. How silly of me to think otherwise.

Listen cobbling together whatever demented thoughts going on inside your head doesn’t mean anything. A load Sony fanboys got triggered over a thread containing mostly third party games, and then tried to pretend that it was normal. Lol Gotta love em. Quick run along, some Xbox fanboys need putting in their plca

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I’m pretty sure that Spidey 2 will be a visual masterclass, but I personally can’t get too excited about more of the same. I hope Insomniac add some new gameplay features that are fun. I’ll play it regardless, but only because I love me some shiny graphics.

Yeah, same here. I'm not all that excited about it, but I'll play it, because I enjoyed the first. It won't be Day 1, though.

Yeah I get it, if a thread title mentions a specific platform, we should expect to talk about other platforms. No problem. How silly of me to think otherwise.

Listen cobbling together whatever demented thoughts going on inside your head doesn’t mean anything. A load Sony fanboys got triggered over a thread containing mostly third party games, and then tried to pretend that it was normal. Lol Gotta love em. Quick run along, some Xbox fanboys need putting in their plca

Thanks for the tip.
You're arguing with multiple people over a title. In no way is the op or title trying to make out all these games ere exclusive.
You were and are being demented yourself; seek help.

Banned
LOL literally the entire list is multi platform.

Ok, oops. *3* of the games might end up as times exclusives. lol. Why is PS in the OP and not Xbox? Weird thread.

not only weird thread in that regard... the list of games is also mediocre. there are like 3 or so really big hitters in there and most of the interesting ones will be delayed anyways lol

Last edited:

LMJ

Oy, can't believe I'm the one who has to say this, but this is an article from Push Square, a PLAYSTATION WEBSITE...

This is the reason that although the list is primarily multi platform they only mention the PS...

Just as if PUREXBOX a Box website would only cover MS' Systems...

Anything to flame that console war huh folks 🙄

Three

Oy, can't believe I'm the one who has to say this, but this is an article from Push Square, a PLAYSTATION WEBSITE...

This is the reason that although the list is primarily multi platform they only mention the PS...

Push square isn't even all that playstation centric, not like purexbox anyway but I do find it fascinating how the article has some people seething for no reason.

Why would somebody who has a PS5 care if you can play Octopath Traveller 2 on Switch, Forspoken on PC, Hogwarts Legacy on xbox, or Spiderman 2 only on Playstation. It's a list of games they can play and they can play them all on their PS5. The person the article is written for wouldn't care about those things unless they are really into console warring rather than interested in upcoming games they can play on their system.

Push square isn't even all that playstation centric, not like purexbox anyway but I do find it fascinating how the article has some people seething for no reason.

Why would somebody who has a PS5 care if you can play Octopath Traveller 2 on Switch, Forspoken on PC, Hogwarts Legacy on xbox, or Spiderman 2 only on Playstation. It's a list of games they can play and they can play them all on their PS5. The person the article is written for wouldn't care about those things unless they are really into console warring rather than interested in upcoming games they can play on their system.

Angry Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Unfortunately you do have to say this as this thread clearly exposes people who can't read and the need to reeee 'dont forget about Xbox!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Unfortunately you do have to say this as this thread clearly exposes people who can't read and the need to reeee 'dont forget about Xbox!

Not really, before the topic title was edited it was an incredibly vague "hey check out all these PS4/PS5 games in 2023", anyone reading it would assume these are games coming to that console only.

There should be a bit of nuance when copy pasting something directly from a console centric website when the content within isn't.

Xbox release schedule looks seriesly bonkers.
Strg C Strg V
Spidey del Starfield
Forspoken del Redfall
FF del Stalker

Job done.

List wars upgraded to nuclear, we all die with the explosive power of either side.

Persona 4 golden, Dead Space, re4, Diablo 4, SF6, FF16, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Spiderman 2 are the must have games for me so far. On the fence about Hogwarts, Lightfall,

These are the must have titles for me. I wonder if Tekken 8, Hellblade 2, or Silent Hill 2 have any chance of coming this year? Probably not.

A little concerned about whether Spiderman 2 will bring enough newness to the table because if they don't I can't see this being all that exciting for me. They've already done 2 games that follow the same formula. It's gonna get old.

Resident Evil 4 - 24th March 2023
Alan Wake II - 2023
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - 2023
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 2023

The only games on the list that pique my interest.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I'm interested in at least 17 of these games

I think at the minimum, 2023 will be better than 2021 for gaming

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't get it, this is basically a list of multiplatform games, should the title really reflect a great year ahead for PC and Xbox as well? I know you took it from a PlayStation centered website but were your fingers broken too?
If anything this list just highlights the weak schedule of first party games for Sony this year, hardly something to shout from the rooftops that Sony is the best.......

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I don't get it, this is basically a list of multiplatform games, should the title really reflect a great year ahead for PC and Xbox as well? I know you took it from a PlayStation centered website but were your fingers broken too?
If anything this list just highlights the weak schedule of first party games for Sony this year, hardly something to shout from the rooftops that Sony is the best.......
I think push square is Play station centric.

Top Bottom