• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Review - The Impossible Saturn Port?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In 1997, Lobotomy Software gave us two premier first person shooters. While Duke Nukem 3D was impressive in its own right, Quake was something special for the simple fact it existed at all.

Episode Notes:

1. Captured on real hardware.
2. Quake for Saturn had no Japanese release.
3. Crave Entertainment put Lobotomy Software on a gambling game after acquisition. They worked on it nearly a year before being closed down.
4. Lobotomy started much of the work to port Quake to the Playstation, but could not find a publisher to help with the project.
5. Quake was also to the N64, where frankly, I thought it looked and played worse.
6. This episode originally was longer with a music section. All of Quake's music is copyright protected content, however, so I had to cut it. This is also why there is Powerslave music in places.
7. The darkness of this game really had an impact on creating it. I adjusted the brightness where I could, but this game really is dark no matter what you do.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Quake 2 rocket arena was the greatest multiplayer experience of my life. No way to get back to those tight knit servers where you made friends through mid air rails.

Top Bottom