• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake revitalized edition officially rated for PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Dabaus

Banned
So people really do still have hope for this? Enjoy the ride then. Starfield and the new Elder Scrolls and Red Fall will never go to Playstation. The fact this game is available to so many platforms, even last gen xbox and playstation, should already tell you everything you need to know.

This is the "and there may be some legacy things that we'll go do" part of what Phil Spencer said and I also expect MMOs to make the crossover
So Microsofts Chief Financial Officer was lying. Ok.

PJX

Making a joke is having an agenda now? Honestly, this says more about you.

What does it say about me? Please do tell. I would like to know.

So was starfield....

Also Bethesda looking for PS network engineers for upcoming MMO was a thing....
When will yall finally listen to Phil when he says case by case...

Case by case means games that were already in development and already planned console versions and also MMOs. Starfield was just PC at the time, it was why Sony was desperate to get exclusive on it before the buyout.

A portable console port isn't a issue.

It coming to Playstation is a issue and if the excuse is that it was in development then expect others to come as well.

Ok if you say so.

S0ULZB0URNE

What does it say about me? Please do tell. I would like to know.

Case by case means games that were already in development and already planned console versions and also MMOs. Starfield was just PC at the time, it was why Sony was desperate to get exclusive on it before the buyout.

Ok if you say so.
I say so.

No Starfield was also in development for PS.
Sony tried snagging it as a timed exclusive.

I personally don't care either way but I was told by xbox fans that NO Bethesda games will come to Sony platforms.... they are even giving this game a ps5 version....

Pretty sure nobody said this. It was said that none of the biggest new next gen titles would be coming to Playstation 5 outside of what's already under contractual obligation. That means no Starfield, no Elder Scrolls 6, no next gen Fallout singleplayer RPG, no Redfall, no next gen Doom, probably no next gen Wolfenstein etc.

This game, whatever it is, is releasing on everything down to the switch, xbox one and ps4. That alone should tell you we are probably dealing with a remaster situation and not a proper next gen release or remake.

One outlier possibility would be Indiana Jones if Disney requires it be multi-plat or MMOs that benefit from having more users anyway. That's what was said. But I honestly suspect the Indiana Jones game will be exclusive since Disney doesn't seem to have issue with exclusive titles for some properties.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Playstation fans aren't thirsty as MS is given them stuff to drink.

tenor.gif

PJX

I say so.

No Starfield was also in development for PS.
Sony tried snagging it as a timed exclusive.
Actually it wasn't and if you can prove otherwise please do. I've done freelance work for Bethesda and I have a friend of mine who is a technical artist there and there wasn't any console versions of Starfield in development yet before the buyout.

Scotty W

Gold Member
I love Quake 1 and 2. I prefer one to the other. I don’t mind if people don’t agree, but I do think they might not understand why my preferred game is better. However, I will not let that doubt stand in the way of other people loving what they love, unless I am forced to defend my choice.

S0ULZB0URNE

Actually it wasn't and if you can prove otherwise please do. I've done freelance work for Bethesda and I have a friend of mine who is a technical artist there and there wasn't any console versions of Starfield in development yet before the buyout.
That's straight up silly to believe lolz.

Prove it.
Mods can he be verified?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I've done freelance work for Bethesda and I have a friend of mine who is a technical artist there and there wasn't any console versions of Starfield in development yet before the buyout.

They weren't developing the game with 9th gen console performance / restrictions in mind from the start?

PJX

That's straight up silly to believe lolz.

Prove it.
Mods can he be verified?

I don't really care if you believe me or not. And I'm not going to out my friend just to please some guy who has no knowledge of anything on a forum.

They weren't developing the game with 9th gen console performance / restrictions in mind from the start?

I don't know what their work flow was, I just know there was no active console version in development when the buyout started. Btw my work for them wasn't for Starfield, it was for something else.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I don't really care if you believe me or not. And I'm not going to out my friend just to please some guy who has no knowledge of anything on a forum.

I don't know what their work flow was, I just know there was no active console version in development when the buyout started.
Game was originally releasing 2021. You are fos

zcaa0g

Banned
Q1 is in dire need of high poly character models, so hopefully it goes down that way. I still love the action and how you can blast through levels rather quickly. I wish Epic would do a high poly character and levels remaster of Unreal 1.

So Microsofts Chief Financial Officer was lying. Ok.

So Phil Spencer, the person in charge of Xbox and Executive Vice President for Gaming at Microsoft is lying. Ok.

So Sarah Bond, Corporate Vice President of Gaming Partnerships & Business Development at Microsoft is also lying. Ok.

So Todd Howard Executive Producer, Bethesda Game Studios and Game Director of their biggest games is also lying. Ok.

So Pete Hines SVP, Global Marketing & Communications, Bethesda Softworks is also lying. Ok.

Lots of liars up at Microsoft and Xbox when it concerns xbox exclusives. They totally spent $7.5 Billion to better support Playstation 5 and future Playstation consoles. :)

Dabaus

Banned
So Phil Spencer, the person in charge of Xbox and Executive Vice President for Gaming at Microsoft is lying. Ok.

So Sarah Bond, Corporate Vice President of Gaming Partnerships & Business Development at Microsoft is also lying. Ok.

So Todd Howard Executive Producer, Bethesda Game Studios and Game Director of their biggest games is also lying. Ok.

So Pete Hines SVP, Global Marketing & Communications, Bethesda Softworks is also lying. Ok.

Lots of liars up at Microsoft and Xbox when it concerns xbox exclusives. They totally spent $7.5 Billion to better support Playstation 5 and future Playstation consoles. :)
Phil spencer is a known liar and flip flopper. I can assure of this, the chief financial officer of a company has more say than a small division heads executive has. That goes for any business.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Microsofts CFO already said games would show up first or best on xbox. Phil Spencer said legacy titles will still be multiplatform. My guess is Red Fall and starfield will be timed exclusives maybe for a year or 2 before we start to hear rumors swirling of ps5 ports. Phil spencer was recently on an ign podcast and the host asked him if the new elder scrolls will be exclusive, and phils answer was never shown.
Phil spencer is a known liar and flip flopper. I can assure of this, the chief financial officer of a company has more say than a small division heads executive has. That goes for any business.

The CEO has even more say.

Phil Spencer is in charge of gaming.

I would LOVE for any of this to happen....a reboot of Q1 / Quake 5 / reboot of Q2/ anything. BUT nail the fucking multiplayer. DOOM sucked ass, I mean when Diego said they wont have classic death-match...I turned the interview off. Sure add new modes but fuck me even call of duty has death-match so why wouldn't the godfather of FPS have it again? I played the other stuff it had and it was a very slow and boring online experience. They said DOOM isnt about story but they ended up focusing only on single-player when Multi was just as equal in its existence.

Dabaus

Banned
The CEO has even more say.

Phil Spencer is in charge of gaming.
PHIL SPENCER IS NOT THE CEO OF MICROSOFT!

'Xbox CFO Talks Bethesda Exclusivity; “We Want Bethesda Content to be First or Better or Best on Xbox Platforms”​

"What we'll do in the long run is we don't have intentions of just pulling all of Bethesda content out of Sony or Nintendo or otherwise. But what we want is we want that content, in the long run, to be either first or better or best or pick your differentiated experience, on our platforms. We will want Bethesda content to show up the best as -- on our platforms.

Yes. That's not a point about being exclusive. That's not a point about we're being -- adjusting timing or content or road map. But if you think about something like Game Pass, if it shows up best in Game Pass, that's what we want to see, and we want to drive our Game Pass subscriber base through that Bethesda pipeline.

So again, I'm not announcing pulling content from platforms one way or the other. But I suspect you'll continue to see us shift towards a first or better or best approach on our platforms."

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

'Xbox CFO Talks Bethesda Exclusivity; “We Want Bethesda Content to be First or Better or Best on Xbox Platforms”​

"What we'll do in the long run is we don't have intentions of just pulling all of Bethesda content out of Sony or Nintendo or otherwise. But what we want is we want that content, in the long run, to be either first or better or best or pick your differentiated experience, on our platforms. We will want Bethesda content to show up the best as -- on our platforms.

Yes. That's not a point about being exclusive. That's not a point about we're being -- adjusting timing or content or road map. But if you think about something like Game Pass, if it shows up best in Game Pass, that's what we want to see, and we want to drive our Game Pass subscriber base through that Bethesda pipeline.

So again, I'm not announcing pulling content from platforms one way or the other. But I suspect you'll continue to see us shift towards a first or better or best approach on our platforms."
ouch

Satya Nadella is the CEO and he put Phil Spencer in charge of gaming at Microsoft. Maybe that makes it more clear for you.

"I don't know how to allay the fears and concerns of PlayStation 5 fans other than to say, well, I'm a PlayStation 5 player as well and I've played games on that console and there's games I'm gonna continue to play on it, but if you want to play Starfield, PC and Xbox, sorry. All I can really say is 'I apologize', because I'm certain that's frustrating to folks. But there's not a whole lot I can do about it."

"You don't ever want to leave people out, right? But at the end of the day, your ability to focus and say, this is the game I want to make, these are the platforms I want to make it on, and being able to really lean in on those is going to make for a better product," Howard said.

Try to focus on the newest statements made June of this year okay? Keep up.

that's denial and spin

Denial and spin is what playstation fans continue to do after it's already been made clear that the biggest new games are xbox console exclusive. But carry on lol. Don't ever let anybody tell you that Bethesda being bought by Microsoft doesn't matter. People are foaming at the mouth for Bethesda's biggest releases.

Chukhopops

Some thirsty posts in here.
- No State of Play
- Abandoned is a dud
- Goodbye Volcano High delayed
- Horizon Forbidden West delayed
- No VRR
- Only thing to buy is a patch for a game already bought full price a year ago
- Didn’t win a technical comparison since Q1
- Literally forced to hype an off-brand Zelda clone made in Dreams (Kena)

I guess I would be port begging too in that situation.

Uiki

Posts like this always give me a chuckle inside. It shows you just what a major shock it still is for some that Microsoft now owns Bethesda. Keep fighting, I'm sure you'll be playing Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 and Redfall on Playstation some day.

charlton heston laughing GIF
I could not care less. I don't plan on buying any console. I'm just here for the teen drama.

Last edited:
Top Bottom