• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

Banjo64

cumsessed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62834633

No Edge Lord comments please.

Summary​

1. The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, a statement from Buckingham Palace says
  2. Her doctors are concerned for her health, following further evaluation this morning, it says
  3. But the palace adds the 96-year-old monarch "remains comfortable"
  4. Prince Charles, Camilla and Princess Anne are at Balmoral and Prince William is travelling there
  5. Prince Harry and Meghan are also making their way to Scotland, as are Prince Andrew and Prince Edward
  6. Prime Minister Liz Truss says "the whole country will be deeply concerned by the news"
  7. She says her thoughts - and those of everyone in the UK - are with the Queen and her family
  8. Labour leader Keir Starmer says he is deeply worried and joins everyone in hoping for the Queen's recovery
  9. The Archbishop of Canterbury said he was sending his prayers and the first ministers of Scotland and Wales joined well-wishers in sending their thoughts

Update 19:00

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61585886

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
She’s 96. Of course she is dying we all are.

What I would concern myself with is the monarch’s that follow her are going to be social justice folks. But we shall see how heavy the head is that wears the crown.

But maybe not as far as Megan because if she was too much for all of them maybe there is some sanity there.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

BBC canceled all shows until 6pm

They're all wearing black and black ties

billy-connolly-scottish-comedy.gif

Porcile

I am glad my mum wont be able to trick me like when The Queen Mother died. She took me up to London on the premise we were going to Hamley's to buy me some toys, but instead when we got there we stood in a line for 5 hours to look at a coffin, and then went home. All I got was a comic book from WH Smiths.

Aggelos

Even though everybody would hope, in their hearts of heart, that God would save the Queen, maybe this time, the inevitable shall arrive...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Very concerning, i fear this may be the end of the Elizabethan era in the United Kingdom.

Queen's first PM was Churchill and first president was Truman, amazing.
for all my life it has been one queen.

With her kids and grand kids coming to visit it sounds like they are coming g to say goodbye. Well god speed to her. Not really a royalist but she seemed alright.

Chittagong

Gold Member
BBC staff having black ties kinda ruins the suprise

London chatter is that they offed her already, announcement at six

FUBARx89

I'm compelled to ask why? I can't recall off the top of my head anything she's done except exist (which unfortunately is more than enough) to earn their ire.

Probably some shit like "eat the rich" "destroy the monarchy" anything edgy really

The stupid thing is, most of em won't be British nor understand the royal family generates alot of money for the UK coffers. I'm not a royalist by any means, but I recognise how valuable the monarchy is to the UK.

Edit - Quick look owa there and saying she's a parasite and that aswell. Pathetic really.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
As an American, its always a little strange to see the reverence for the Queen since I don't think we will ever truly understand it. But she didn't do anything to me personally so we're cool. RIP. Will be interesting to see a King I guess.

Stitch

Gold Member
I'm compelled to ask why? I can't recall off the top of my head anything she's done except exist (which unfortunately is more than enough) to earn their ire.
It's probably all about that Meghan bullshit that no one wanted her in Buckingham Palace and someone called her kids the N word.

Top Bottom