• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about PS2 memory cards

evil ways

How long do they usually last? I mean, how long before running the risk of the card not working properly anymore or save files getting erased?

I've had the same card since the PS2's US launch and was thinking about getting a new one just in case cause I have a ton of save files on it.

_Angelus_

Banned
I'm still on the very same card I bought back at launch. Its a 1st party Sony brand card. No problems atall,but I do back up my saves to the PS2 hard drive just incase.

SKOPE

It's uncompressed flash memory. You have a greater risk of data becoming permanently burned in than getting erased.

And it would take years of constantly saving to the same blocks for that to happen.

I never had a mem card problem either. But there is a disclaimer on the cover that says something like it might get damaged after 1000 saves, at least it was on my memory card's cover but that was back in 2001.

Ranger X

It's been 4 years i use mine and i don't have any problem. Maybe you can buy yourself a second card just for back up if you don't trust your main card.

evil ways

It's just that today I saw one of those red & blue memory card packs from Sony for about $24 and began to wonder if it was time to replace my old one. Even though those 2 look a bit shitty in the clear plastic colors I though it was a decent deal.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but memory cards are also multi region right? So I could use a US card for all my import game saves?

evil ways said:
Also correct me if I'm wrong but memory cards are also multi region right? So I could use a US card for all my import game saves?

that is correct I have quite a few Japanese gamesaves on my memory cards

Top Bottom