• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question Do you think there are more Japanese Games than Anime Shows?

SNG32

with all the Japanese games that have been released so you think it exceeds the amount of anime that’s been released?

nush

Japanese have been making games since the 70's on early home micros. The didn't start with Nintendo consoles.

There are way more games than anime.

PhaseJump

Banned
Are there more doors or wheels on the planet?

giphy.gif

Doom85

Japanese have been making games since the 70's on early home micros. The didn't start with Nintendo consoles.

There are way more games than anime.

Anime has been made since the 1910s. And nowadays hundreds of anime come out per year. And while I can’t find a total amount made, on myanimelist, there are over 2,500 anime titles that start with the letter “S” alone.

Anyone thinking Japanese games greatly outnumber anime clearly is not very familiar with the latter.

NahaNago

I'd say more anime. We get a ton of new ones every season. A season of anime takes less than a year but a video game takes several years to make it.

I wish there there was as many Japanese games coming out as anime every season.
Then again if there was most of them would probably suck, as is the rule for having too much of anything.

Griffon

An anime season is more expensive to make than most non-AAA games.

I'd say there's more games, but barely, and counting every obscure Doujin-game/Indie out there.

Doubt, there is a fuck ton of anime. There's probably an anime of like every single concept possible by now lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom