• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.Kelly found guilty on all counts, faces 10 years to life in prison

Kev Kev

This dude is a monster. The stuff I’m hearing that they showed in court is insane.

Sone people are saying that there will be a number of prisoners who accept him with open arms because they grew up with his music, and Kelly will finesse them into believing he’s innocent, but I imagine many of them will want to make his time behind bars a living hell

I can only hope it’s as much of the latter as possible.

Last edited:
Age ain’t nothing but a number lol

I feel for the victims and have no sympathy for the man however I am grateful for the memes.

Star-Lord

There’s a prison hierarchy, and sex offenders are right at the bottom, at least they are here in the UK. I imagine it’s the same in the US. Kelly might pick up one or two allies during his time inside, but I very much doubt they’d want to be seen buddying up with a known pedophile. Any friendships he makes in there will be temporary, if you catch my drift.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont care so much for the typical weirdo celeb going after young women. Happens all the time.

I'm more interested in this child perverted organization he's accused of spearheading. And somehow zero people in hollywood knew about it. ya ok.

Last edited:

Mohonky

cJMMeIE.jpg

MachRc

Rkelly gonna' line the pockets of guards and families of inmates with money in no time. He's not going to suffer in there.
He's going to get a new smasung flip phone that was keystered by an inmates wife, he's going to have all sorts of contraband and purchased henchmen to help him survive for many years until his money runs out.

Its a buisness ya'll

edit:

nevermind he gonna' get raped.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
If you don't mind, what did they say?
Regarding the Aaliyah thing, they started messing around when she was 13. The marriage was because she got pregnant at 15, and he wanted to get around parental consent to make her have an abortion so he bribed officials to get fake ID saying she was 18.

It gets worse from there. He essentially enslaved these girls, controlled what they ate and drank, withheld food, threatened them with violence if they left, literally made them eat his shit if they disobeyed. Kept one of them under a boxing ring. Isolated them from all contact with their families.

I mean really he destroyed these women. This isn't a simple case of age of consent laws, he was a violent abuser and a sadist who used his status to get away with shit that no one should have to suffer at any age.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Regarding the Aaliyah thing, they started messing around when she was 13. The marriage was because she got pregnant at 15, and he wanted to get around parental consent to make her have an abortion so he bribed officials to get fake ID saying she was 18.

It gets worse from there. He essentially enslaved these girls, controlled what they ate and drank, withheld food, threatened them with violence if they left, literally made them eat his shit if they disobeyed. Kept one of them under a boxing ring. Isolated them from all contact with their families.

I mean really he destroyed these women. This isn't a simple case of age of consent laws, he was a violent abuser and a sadist who used his status to get away with shit that no one should have to suffer at any age.
I actually just read an article on the case and my god, what a fucking monster. Sexually abusing both females and a male. Physical abuse. Psychological abuse. This guy was just completely fucked.

Burning Blade

Gold Member

Jesus fuck. People like him should be eligible for the death penalty.

Lone Wolf

That won't save or help him. If Jeffrey Epstein, a fucking Billionaire that was connected globally can bite the dust, then this guy is literally a sitting duck in the wolves den.
Does R Kelly have any knowledge or info on other celebrities? Epstein had to go because his knowledge would have probably brought Governments and empires down.

Star-Lord

Let’s not lessen his crimes. They weren’t adults when he carried out his crimes, they were girls and boys. Children. Someone’s sons and daughters. The cunt doesn’t deserve to be put away for his life. He deserves the death penalty, pure and simple. Thankfully, even though the judge won’t sentence him to death, a fellow inmate will.

Does R Kelly have any knowledge or info on other celebrities? Epstein had to go because his knowledge would have probably brought Governments and empires down.

He was found guilty of being the spearhead of a pedophile ring. He knows each and every active member of that ring. That automatically puts a target on him. Those in that ring can’t have him blabbing to anyone else. Either way you look at it, Kelly is a dead man walking.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Let’s not lessen his crimes. They weren’t adults when he carried out his crimes, they were girls and boys. Children. Someone’s sons and daughters. The cunt doesn’t deserve to be put away for his life. He deserves the death penalty, pure and simple. Thankfully, even though the judge won’t sentence him to death, a fellow inmate will.
Yeah, although my point was that many of his victims actually were of age and what he did to them was still criminal. He targeted these young black girls because he could control them and no one would protect them.

Like as crazy as this sounds calling him a pedophile and leaving it at that is almost letting him off the hook on the other stuff. He IS a pedophile but it's so much more.

SF Kosmo

No, it wasn't even like that, he isolated these girls and had them too scared to tell anyone what happened or press charges against them. I mean they suffered years of trauma and brainwashing. They were really fucked up from it. He made one them live as a boy for him, all kinds of super weird shit.

So there were plenty of times the cops were called but if they showed up the women would just be like "No everything is fine." And it's this weird legal gray area where they can't really do anything about it unless the women say so. And it took physically freeing and separating these girls to get them to the place where they felt safe telling their stories.

The underage girls, you know he would get most of them at like 16 and 17 and tell the parents he was mentoring them and gonna make them a star so the parents just went with it for a while. But it was after they turned 18 that it would get really bad and then they would lose all contact with the girls and there was nothing they could do. It's really dark shit.

Star-Lord

Yeah, although my point was that many of his victims actually were of age and what he did to them was still criminal. He targeted these young black girls because he could control them and no one would protect them.

Like as crazy as this sounds calling him a pedophile and leaving it at that is almost letting him off the hook on the other stuff. He IS a pedophile but it's so much more.
Pedophiles are the lowest of the low. Branding him one is not letting him off the hook whatsoever, it’s stating the truth and condemning him to the lowest levels of hell, where he deserves to burn for all eternity.

SF Kosmo

Pedophiles are the lowest of the low. Branding him one is not letting him off the hook whatsoever, it’s stating the truth and condemning him to the lowest levels of hell, where he deserves to burn for all eternity.
It's not wrong to call him a pedo, but I don't think it paints the whole picture of what he did to these women. It was a crime sadism and hatred, pedophile doesn't begin to capture that.

My point is that that's where this story starts, it's not where it ends. In many cases things got much worse for these girls when they turned 18, because that's when their parents no longer had legal recourse. So while they still maybe had access to their families before then, once they were 18 they were totally alone, and Kelly doubled down on their abuse.

Watch the doc, it's really horrifying. The adult women he victimized are just as fucked up from it as the underage girls. What he did was truly unthinkable, I'd sooner compare him to serial killers.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
victims of abuse often become abusers themselves, with this being an extraordinary terrifying case.

should've happened years ago. red flags were there from the start, but I guess everyone just put on a blind eye because of his music.

Star-Lord

When he was messing with Aaliyah when she was 15 and he was 27 trying to marry her, where were all the cops and red flags? That was 1994! The guy actually met her she was 12.
Met her at 12, dated/groomed her at 13, and got her pregnant at 15. And that’s just the tip of the pedo/abuser iceberg. Aaliyah was just one victim in this disturbing story. I honestly believe we have another Jimmy Saville case here — just how many other victims did he have?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Met her at 12, dated/groomed her at 13, and got her pregnant at 15. And that’s just the tip of the pedo/abuser iceberg. Aaliyah was just one victim in this disturbing story. I honestly believe we have another Jimmy Saville case here — just how many other victims did he have?
he was known for lurking around at mcDonalds (hotspot for teens and underage people) before his fame. so possibly a lot more.

I am pretty sure he developed a hatred for woman as a result of getting molested by one when he was a child.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
should be noted that he was 8 and not a horny 16 year old and it happened for years. it was a family member as well.
Oh shit. Forget that then!

Edit: Googling it, it was his older sister who abused him and his bro. What a fucked up family.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve not read anything about this in any of the reports. What are you basing this on? The theory that all pedophiles were, in their childhoods, victims of a pedophile themselves?
it's pure hypothesis. there are quite a few cases of people getting abused becoming abusers themselves and in R. Kelly's case a hatred for woman would make sense.

I would recommend this book on the subject:

it's pretty detailed and has a lot of good points.

That doesn't change anything I said. R Kelly is done. Epstein got got because of his knowledge, R Kelly is much lesser on the totem pole and he will meet the same fate.
Here's an interesting read, off the top of my head:

Star-Lord

it's pure hypothesis. there are quite a few cases of people getting abused becoming abusers themselves and in R. Kelly's case a hatred for woman would make sense.

So you admit it’s pure speculation? You yourself just said only quite a few cases of the abused turning abuser exist. Let’s not go down the road of trying to make excuses for the man. Abused or not, nothing excuses what he did, and the same goes for any other sick fuck who abused children. If you were molested as a child, seek justice. Get help. Do not go out and repeat history, otherwise you end up no better than them and deserve to rot in hell.

That doesn't change anything I said. R Kelly is done. Epstein got got because of his knowledge, R Kelly is much lesser on the totem pole and he will meet the same fate.

Here's an interesting read, off the top of my head:

That doesn’t altogether surprise me. It happens in the UK, too. As I said in an earlier post, there’s a prison hierarchy. Right at the bottom of that hierarchy are child abusers and child killers. If you fall into either of these categories, there’s a 99.9% chance you’ll never see the light of day again. Money won’t buy you protection from the officers if you’re a pedophile in prison. The best you can do is get on your knees, pray, and prepare to meet your maker.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
So you admit it’s pure speculation? You yourself just said only quite a few cases of the abused turning abuser exist. Let’s not go down the road of trying to make excuses for the man. Abused or not, nothing excuses what he did, and the same goes for any other sick fuck who abused children. If you were molested as a child, seek justice. Get help. Do not go out and repeat history, otherwise you end up no better than them and deserve to rot in hell.
Because they do. That doesn't mean that every abused turns an abuser, that would be absurd. It being the case with Kelly is speculation, but according to the data that's available it would make definitely sense that all started from there. Kelly is sexually grotesquely confused due to him being molested for years and I think a hatred for woman can be definitely implied. And in no way shape of form is this an excuse for him. According to me he should've been jailed in the 90s. This is nothing but an explanation of why it happened. I'm on your side.

Star-Lord

Because they do. That doesn't mean that every abused turns an abuser, that would be absurd. It being the case with Kelly is speculation, but according to the data that's available it would make definitely sense that all started from there. Kelly is sexually grotesquely confused due to him being molested for years and I think a hatred for woman can be definitely implied.

And where’s your proof of this? Are you a criminal psychologist? Do you know anyone personally who was abused and then went on to be an abuser? I might be wrong, but I’m guessing not. Most pedophiles haven’t been abused whatsoever, and are just attracted to the innocence and naivety of young children, as displayed by Kelly in his grooming of Aaliyah. As for hating women, that can manifest entirely on its own, particularly in men who aren’t comfortable with the shift in equality in recent years.

I agree with your last comment, though, I see no reason why we’re arguing. We are both clearly on the victims’ side here, and not sympathising with Kelly in any shape or form. For the sake of sparing a complete derail, I’m going to stop putting my two cents in.

I’m not saying he won’t “commit suicide”, just that other inmates won’t kill him.

Oh yeah, because I heard prisoners simply love pedophiles. They’ll welcome him with party games and ice cream sandwiches.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
And where’s your proof of this? Are you a criminal psychologist? Do you know anyone personally who was abused and then went on to be an abuser? I might be wrong, but I’m guessing not.
No, but I've read plenty of studies on the subject as well as analysis from professionals. I don't believe in humans being born as devils. Behavior like this is usually triggered by childhood traumas and I'd would consider being a victim of rape and molestation as a trauma that can completely turn a child's mind, and worst of all, often the state is persistent. I'd like to repeat that I'm not trying to sympathize with Kelly here, but I think we should look for the root of all evil.
I agree with your last comment, though, I see no reason why we’re arguing. We are both clearly on the victims’ side here, and not sympathising with Kelly in any shape or form. For the sake of sparing a complete derail, I’m going to stop putting my two cents in.
handshake GIF

Lone Wolf

And where’s your proof of this? Are you a criminal psychologist? Do you know anyone personally who was abused and then went on to be an abuser? I might be wrong, but I’m guessing not. Most pedophiles haven’t been abused whatsoever, and are just attracted to the innocence and naivety of young children, as displayed by Kelly in his grooming of Aaliyah. As for hating women, that can manifest entirely on its own, particularly in men who aren’t comfortable with the shift in equality in recent years.

Oh yeah, because I heard prisoners simply love pedophiles. They’ll welcome him with party games and ice cream sandwiches.
If you followed, I’m saying he will be in protective custody. So inmates likely will not be his cause of death.

Kreen101

This dude is a monster. The stuff I’m hearing that they showed in court is insane.

Sone people are saying that there will be a number of prisoners who accept him with open arms because they grew up with his music, and Kelly will finesse them into believing he’s innocent, but I imagine many of them will want to make his time behind bars a living hell

When you’re wealthy, you get protection in jail by hiring inmates as your bodyguards. Also, don’t celebrities and famous inmates get sent to a separate part of prison so they don’t get harassed all the time?

Top Bottom