• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in prison

Bartski

Gold Member

Disgraced R&B singer R. Kelly was sentenced to 30 years in prison Wednesday, according to the US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York, following his conviction last year on federal racketeering and sex trafficking charges stemming from his efforts over years to use his fame to ensnare victims he sexually abused.

Prosecutors had asked the judge to sentence Kelly, 55, to more than 25 years behind bars, while his defense attorneys asked for 10 or fewer, saying prosecutors' request was "tantamount to a life sentence."

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Bet he's pissed off.

Hopefully his victims are relieved.

If I ever thought it would happen to any celeb, he was # 1 on the list.

Guess I should keep my merch in the closet where it belongs.

Thanks for the thread, I would have mist it otherwise.

Judge be like "urine big trouble this time, R Kelley,"

A high profile case like this, I'm surprised news didn't leak early.

His defense probably wasn't a Wizz kid at law, given the result.

Last edited:
Bet he's pissed off.

Hopefully his victims are relieved.

If I ever thought it would happen to any celeb, he was # 1 on the list.

Guess I should keep my merch in the closet where it belongs.

Thanks for the thread, I would have mist it otherwise.

Judge be like "urine big trouble this time, R Kelley,"

A high profile case like this, I'm surprised news didn't leak early.

His defense probably wasn't a Wizz kid at law, given the result.
drums-annoyed.gif

MastaKiiLA

It's so weird that it took this long to convict someone who there was video evidence of over a decade ago. I guess the girl wasn't cooperating with investigators or something. I read something about him having some kind of sex cult too. I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, but the number of accusers is simply too high to just brush off as overzealous fans. Justice has been served, and hopefully it can bring some closure to those lives he's harmed.

So much wasted talent. SMH.

Star-Lord

I agree unfortunately the court system doesnt
Jeffrey Epstein was a rich, white male, and he was about to be sent down for soliciting/trafficking minors.

Ghislaine Maxwell is a rich, white woman who was just convicted for her part in the aforementioned trafficking.

Rolf Harris is a famous, white man who was convicted for grooming and molesting young boys.

Jimmy Saville was a famous, white man who was convicted for multiple counts of rape and sexual abuse.

Don't act like Kelly was sentenced to prison based purely on him being black.

Let me reiterate, a pedophile is a pedophile regardless of the colour of their skin.

Artoris

Gold Member
It's so weird that it took this long to convict someone who there was video evidence of over a decade ago. I guess the girl wasn't cooperating with investigators or something. I read something about him having some kind of sex cult too. I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, but the number of accusers is simply too high to just brush off as overzealous fans. Justice has been served, and hopefully it can bring some closure to those lives he's harmed.

So much wasted talent. SMH.
"I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes"

but we know where it ends now

hufno3p.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People forget he married Aaliyah when she was like 15-16, and when the family found out they had it annulled.

He was also the producer on her album when she started out at that age, and what makes it even creepier...

The album's title, with R Kelly off in the background. He also wrote all her music on the album...
71Lhm1MpHfL._SX425_.jpg

"Age Ain't Nothing but a Number" is a song by American singer Aaliyah from her debut studio album of the same name (1994). The song was written and produced by R. Kelly and lyrically the song is about a young girl wanting to date an older man.

Then his own song...

Bump N' Grind

My mind's tellin' me no, but my body, my body's tellin' me yes

This has been in plain site the whole time. But the industry do what it do. Allows it to fester until it gains too much negative attention by victims coming out.

zombrex

I was surprised to learn he wrote and produced you are not alone for MJ.
Sad that such a talented person was so fucked up.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I was surprised to learn he wrote and produced you are not alone for MJ.
Sad that such a talented person was so fucked up.
That's why it's very similar to his 'I believe I can fly' song. They're pretty interchangeable in structure and blend perfectly.

Romulus

I agree unfortunately the court system doesnt

Imagine a minority group that murders more people than all other groups.... combined. But also expects not to be discriminated against. It's just human nature. If we can overlook hard facts like the murder data I just provided, then court system woes should be just as easily dismissed. No one deserves mistreatment.

Last edited:

Calverz

Jeffrey Epstein was a rich, white male, and he was about to be sent down for soliciting/trafficking minors.

Ghislaine Maxwell is a rich, white woman who was just convicted for her part in the aforementioned trafficking.

Rolf Harris is a famous, white man who was convicted for grooming and molesting young boys.

Jimmy Saville was a famous, white man who was convicted for multiple counts of rape and sexual abuse.

Don't act like Kelly was sentenced to prison based purely on him being black.

Let me reiterate, a pedophile is a pedophile regardless of the colour of their skin.
Ehhh savile wasn’t ever convicted. That’s the point. He managed to get away with it all those years and wasn’t until he was dead it all came to light.

Top Bottom