• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R-Type Final 2 will blast off on PC and consoles April 30

Bullet Club

R-Type Final 2 will blast off on PC and consoles April 30​

Bydo battles back again

NIS America has announced that incoming sci-fi shmup R-Type Final 2 will launch in the west on PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch on April 30 - a mere day after the long-in-development title's Japanese release.

R-Type Final 2 is an amalgamation of sorts of everything that has ensured Irem's classic series remains an enduring icon of the shmup genre. Players will select from one of a number of hi-tech spacecraft before jetting off into battle against the might of the evil Bydo Empire. Featuring spruced-up audio/visuals, a huge hosts of gameplay modes, and stacked with explosive weapons and power-ups, R-Type Final 2 looks set to be a fan's dream.

Indeed, the fans have only themselves to thank for this release, having generously donated the equivalent of almost $935,000 USD to developer Granzella's Kickstarter campaign back in June 2019. The dedicated R-Typer might want to check out the official NIS America online store, where a special "Inaugural Flight Edition" is now available to pre-order.

SVidYf3.jpg

Source: Destructoid

Kuranghi

I love that this exists. I want to see a game like this but with the new UE5 graphics, so it just looks like you are looking at a box filled with space and a tiny ship moving to the right like a how a fish looks in a fish tank. I guess everyone needs an expensive TV as well though, so free TV with every copy!

People start breaking their TV screens, like when the Wii came out, because they try to reach into the screen to grab the ships.

I want to believe in the "50tflops shmup".

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I've only beaten the first R-Type. Haven't even beaten the first R-Type Final lol

Looks good, though. Gonna hold off a bit but I'll add it to the shmup library eventually. The number of ships... staggering.

D.Final

Banned

R-Type Final 2 will blast off on PC and consoles April 30​

Bydo battles back again

NIS America has announced that incoming sci-fi shmup R-Type Final 2 will launch in the west on PS4, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch on April 30 - a mere day after the long-in-development title's Japanese release.

R-Type Final 2 is an amalgamation of sorts of everything that has ensured Irem's classic series remains an enduring icon of the shmup genre. Players will select from one of a number of hi-tech spacecraft before jetting off into battle against the might of the evil Bydo Empire. Featuring spruced-up audio/visuals, a huge hosts of gameplay modes, and stacked with explosive weapons and power-ups, R-Type Final 2 looks set to be a fan's dream.

Indeed, the fans have only themselves to thank for this release, having generously donated the equivalent of almost $935,000 USD to developer Granzella's Kickstarter campaign back in June 2019. The dedicated R-Typer might want to check out the official NIS America online store, where a special "Inaugural Flight Edition" is now available to pre-order.

SVidYf3.jpg

Source: Destructoid

Yes

And I can't wait

Top Bottom