• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R-Type Final 3 Evolved announced for PS5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Granzella has announced R-Type Final 3 Evolved for PlayStation 5, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will launch in March 2023.

R-Type Final 3 Evolved is based on R-Type Final 2, and features improved visuals, over 100 playable ships, seven exclusive new stages, PlayStation VR2 support for takeoff scenes, metaverse spaces for online multiplayer lobbies, and mini-games.

Kokoloko85

Wait what's this. Vr2? You got my attention. Time to Google it

VR2 specifically for take off scenes. But the game probably plays the same but you can play it in the VR headset. Hoping theres some VR specific effects while playing. The new Tetris was great in VR

phil_t98

#SonyToo
look forward to this, played all the others. love a bit of classic shoot-em up

will check this out tonight when I get home

Impotaku

Wasn’t impressed much with final 2 it played way too slow and was far too easy. Shame really as I was really wanting to like it but it just feels average, probably spoiled by the sheer volume of shmups on switch.

CamHostage

Ha, it happened... The first game by a mainstream publisher (outside of Epic) made in Unreal Engine 5 is finally here!

(...I'm not trying to flame anything, just marking the relevance on the calendar for those keeping track. I thought Bloober's Layers of Fear was going to be first out, followed by maybe Tekken 8, but R-Type Final 3 Evolved was made in or upgraded to UE5 and it's out today. Clearly, it's not the most complex demonstration of UE5's power that we've seen, somebody could probably break down what it does well or not with the UE5 toolset, but either way it's a notable notch in the record books.)

Last edited:
That game was awesome. I really wish Square made some more shoot ‘‘em ups after that

iirc, Einhander was well received critically, but maybe the sales weren't enough to encourage further shooters.
And without an original copy and an old psx, the only other way to play it is to pirate the rom. And this game deserves to be played!

Katatonic

So it already shows as purchased for me. I guess because I have the Deluxe Edition Final 2, it automatically upgraded me. The game icon shows R-Type Final 3 now.
Too bad I had to run to work. Can’t wait to try this out when I get home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom