• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Extraction: Official Gameplay Overview Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get a complete look at the fully-featured co-op gameplay experience of Rainbow Six Extraction. Whether you go it alone or in a squad of three, no incursion is ever the same.

18 Elite Operators, 12 Ever-Evolving Maps, 13 High-Stakes Missions, 25 Gadgets, 69 Weapons, 13 Enemy Archetypes, A Unique Progression System, Brand New Lore, Full Cross-Play, and much more to come!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
220px-Haze_boxart.jpg

jigglet

Banned
*scrambling to find positives*

"Uhhhh... ehhhh... the shader/graphical effect for the weird alien slime spreading over things is cool?"

*phew*

I have probably in the region of 5-6k hours in Siege. But I won't even bother watching a trailer for this shit. Not worth my (already worthless) time lol.

jaysius

Banned
This shows how fucked up Ubi is right now, they should be transplanting R6 Siege into an engine that can actually work, every time they add something they break so much shit, and glitchers galore, instead they make this piece of shit that should just be an event in Siege.

Randomly generated maps in a non F2P game of this nature...

This should be a mode in that XDefiant shit.

Tom Clancy is rolling so hard in his grave now that he's about to catch fire.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Why isnt this a coop tactical shooter against i dont know, actual terrorist enemies? Like a normal rainbow six game with a campaign.

ugh, this is so stupid and generic. Pass

wipeout364

Why isnt this a coop tactical shooter against i dont know, actual terrorist enemies? Like a normal rainbow six game with a campaign.

I was just thinking the same thing. The more I think about it the more I don’t understand why this isn’t just Rainbow Six Vegas 3.

jigglet

Banned

This is the history of it:

They released a special event in Siege called Outbreak. People were excited for it. So Ubi decided to make a full blown game out of it.

But here's the kicker: people were only excited because it was literally the first special event they ever had. It wasn't zombies that got people's attention, it was the idea of a special event in general. There have been about another 6-8 since then.

Here's the other thing people also forget about this special event: match making was dead within a week, cause no one played it.

Ubi confused excitement for special events with excitement for zombies. They misread the demand for this big time.

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
ubisoft seems to be out of ideas lately, just throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks, gaas assassins creed, xdefient cod clone, far cry with another "charismatic" villian etc etc ...
there is no defining factor for ubisoft games anymore, every other publisher can make games like these as there is nothing ubisoft about them anymore.

recursive

Going to have to agree with this. It should have been terrorists instead of aliens. Really a weird way for the Ubi to take the. Next up assassins creed on the moon.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This is so far from what a R6 and a Tom Clancy game is supposed to be that they should have just released it as a new IP.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
This is so far from what a R6 and a Tom Clancy game is supposed to be that they should have just released it as a new IP.

Yep. It's pretty ludicrus at this point.
I'm 34. I get it.

But at the same time I don't lol. I mean it's its own thing and doesn't take away from any 'core' Clancy projects they may or may not be developing. Hell, Siege is already a big enough departure from the original formula that I'm surprised that some of you still cling to R6 from yesteryear. They were fantastic games but also products of their time. You could argue we're still getting games like that in spades with stuff like ARMA, Ready or Not, Insurgency, Squad, Nine to Five (to an extent) and plenty of other (smaller) projects that are currently in the works that strive to capture a more realistic and methodical playstyle.

I'm not even hyped for Extraction so I'm just playing devil's advocate here (more than likely won't even get it unless it somehow ends super cheap a few months later) but this line of thinking of "oh it's new and has fantastical elements therefore we should regard it entirely" has always seemed a bit reductive to me. Who cares that they slap the "Clancy" trademark on it anyway? It's just a brand like any other that's meant to signify source material/world if anything. They could make a kart racer set in the Clancy universe for all I care because at the end of the day it could still be a quality title worth getting.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm 34. I get it.

But at the same time I don't lol. I mean it's its own thing and doesn't take away from any 'core' Clancy projects they may or may not be developing. Hell, Siege is already a big enough departure from the original formula that I'm surprised that some of you still cling to R6 from yesteryear. They were fantastic games but also products of their time. You could argue we're still getting games like that in spades with stuff like ARMA, Ready or Not, Insurgency, Squad, Nine to Five (to an extent) and plenty of other (smaller) projects that are currently in the works that strive to capture a more realistic and methodical playstyle.

I'm not even hyped for Extraction so I'm just playing devil's advocate here (more than likely won't even get it unless it somehow ends super cheap a few months later) but this line of thinking of "oh it's new and has fantastical elements therefore we should regard it entirely" has always seemed a bit reductive to me. Who cares that they slap the "Clancy" trademark on it anyway? It's just a brand like any other that's meant to signify source material/world if anything. They could make a kart racer set in the Clancy universe for all I care because at the end of the day it could still be a quality title worth getting.

Rainbow 6 should be about an international elite unit going up against terrorists. Making it about aliens just goes against everything that R6 means.

If Ubisoft made a new Splinter Cell, but had Sam Fisher going up against a group of mutant vampires and zombies, would it still be worthy of the Tom Clancy and Splinter Cell name, it would it be better to release it as a new IP?

VN1X

Banned
Rainbow 6 should be about an international elite unit going up against terrorists. Making it about aliens just goes against everything that R6 means.

If Ubisoft made a new Splinter Cell, but had Sam Fisher going up against a group of mutant vampires and zombies, would it still be worthy of the Tom Clancy and Splinter Cell name, it would it be better to release it as a new IP?
Well first off all it's not as if this is an entirely new Rainbow Six project is it? It's an off-shoot from an existing franchise that has already dabbled in this exact type of gameplay before through an in-game event. Further, I'd argue that the hypothetical Splinter Cell with vampires game you're talking about wouldn't be the first new core Splinter Cell game they'd announce next would they? If anything we'd obviously get a more grounded SC first. That said, I'd be all for a Splinter Cell with mutants/vampires and shit if that allows for more interesting mechanics and what not? I honestly don't care enough about bro-dude militarily shenanigans any more to be bothered by that sort of stuff. If you would've asked me the same question during the height of the genre back in the day (especially when Hollywood was pumping out war movie after war movie) I'd probably answer different but yeah... as long as the game's quality then I'm not too worried about other secondary elements.

Last edited:

Winkle

Yes Rainbow six was all about counter terrorism. Why is it so hard for companies to put in real terrorists? ( I don’t mind if you make them English for a change) sarcasm.
Its like companies don’t want to take the chance of offending anyone so they make up these ridiculous opposing forces.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hibana's got your six! Use her X-Kairos Launcher to breach walls or upgrade it to decimate Archaeans. In Rainbow Six Extraction, you can advance your Operator's gear, weaponry, and unique ability in entirely new ways.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest trailer for Rainbow Six Extraction gives you a look at Finka and the character's combat abilities.

Use Finka's nanobot-driven adrenaline boost to improve your squad's health and weapon handling. Upgrade her ability to use it even when downed

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

For decades, Team Rainbow has been the shield against the worst global threats imaginable: hostage situations, biological weapons, the threat of nuclear war. But now, we face the greatest terror our world has ever known: a lethal, mutating alien threat. Available on PlayStation(r)5(tm) and all other platforms with full cross-play January 2022.

Winkle

why isn’t there any tactile hardcore games for console anymore? Surely one company out there must see there is a massive opening for it? Zero hour or ground branch on the console. Having no proper old school rainbow has left a massive void in tactile shooters on console.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
why isn’t there any tactile hardcore games for console anymore? Surely one company out there must see there is a massive opening for it? Zero hour or ground branch on the console. Having no proper old school rainbow has left a massive void in tactile shooters on console.

Someone might make something like this, but it sure as lell won't be Ubisoft. They have essentially created there own sub genre within mediocrity... its like Ubisoft go the extra mile to to try and be as utterly bland as possible.

SJRB

Gold Member
I wish I was in the room when the original pitch meeting for this game was held.

"You all know Rainbow Six. Tactical military shooter with an extremely rich history of hardcore gameplay mechanics with a focus on tactics and realism. Hostage extractions, counterterrorism operations.

Well today we present Extraction: operators run through Left 4 Dead-style maps shooting weird alien blob monsters."

And the executives were like:

wow-wow-wow-wow.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The doctor is in, and sometimes the best medicine is fire superiority. Use Doc's Stim Pistol to revive teammates or give them a health boost. Upgrade his ability for additional and stronger hypodermic shots. In Rainbow Six Extraction, you can advance your Operator's gear, weaponry, and unique ability in entirely new ways.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Siege is really good. Especially with the 120fps next gen upgrade.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest trailer for Rainbow Six Extraction that puts a spotlight on the operator, Pulse. Perform a sweep with Pulse's HB-7 Cardiac Sensor to locate parasite nests and hot zones, even through walls.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Deploy Gridlock's Trax Stingers to slow down and damage the Archaeans. Once upgraded, her Trax Stingers will explode when destroyed. In Rainbow Six Extraction, you can advance your Operator's gear, weaponry, and unique ability in entirely new ways.

This looks awful. Tom Clancy rolling in his grave for sure. His name attached to a game usually meant proper tactical, strategic shooter. Now we have this.

Top Bottom