• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege 2 Unlikely to Be Made by Ubisoft

Cause I simply like the game the way it is. If what you've played in Siege bores you then it's very likely Siege 2 would bore you too after a few years. I don't like GaaS games to have sequels, I love the idea of a CS style game where it's the same thing 20 years later. If you're not a fan of this decades-long lifecycles then that's fine but there are many that love it.
But they aren't even supporting the game with new content anymore man. I would probably still play it occasionally but Ubi is completely half-assing the game and squeezing the fans dry for money at the same time. The developers are letting the game die. They literally said they can't develop a streaming mode because the game engine is too old. I'm not the only long-time player with this opinion.

Keihart

Cause I simply like the game the way it is. If what you've played in Siege bores you then it's very likely Siege 2 would bore you too after a few years. I don't like GaaS games to have sequels, I love the idea of a CS style game where it's the same thing 20 years later. If you're not a fan of this decades-long lifecycles then that's fine but there are many that love it.
It's kind of disgusting to think of CSGO as any type of bastion in shooters, that version made CS the most stale shooter out there, CSGO in my mind killed CS.

jigglet

Banned
But they aren't even supporting the game with new content anymore man.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - there's content every season. You're conflating less content than we're used to with no content at all. It's not the same thing.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Did you play the advanced warfighter series? I think it was pretty good even if they changed the ghost recon formula.

Then about R6, I really liked Vegas but for whatever reason, I think R6 3 was their best! Loved raven shield as well.

Staying the same for years would become obsolete in my opinion. You can always like the old, classic record of your favorite band but after 10 years, the band would become so sick of playing the same old songs.
Not too big a fan of the GR games after the og or R6: Vegas games as they already started straying too far away from the tactical shooter genre I loved so much with shit like 3rd person sticky cover and health regen in R6:V and introducing legit wall hacks as an actual gameplay element in GRAW.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - there's content every season. You're conflating less content than we're used to with no content at all. It's not the same thing.
It sure as hell feels like no content at all. Like I said, no new guns, maps, or modes. If your plan is to extend the life of the game for 10 years then you have to deliver on that. They literally re-released all of the Outbreak skins and called it "new content". When your game still has problems from years ago, and you give them WAY less content, then people are going to notice.

I get that you still love the game ( I don't hate it or anything) but I also think you are not being critical enough of the game. I'm glad you still enjoy it, but it's my personal belief that Siege needs a sequel to live on or at least a massive content update that blows people away.

jigglet

Banned
I also think you are not being critical enough of the game.

No I'm extremely critical of the game, what I am questioning is whether a new game is the solution to all my problems.

My three biggest (of many) issues are: I think the cheating issue is a joke. The MMR / match making logic is so stupidly designed it's not funny. I hate futuristic gadgets and operators and wish they were deleted from the game.

As far as I can see only the last one can be addressed by a new game, and even then I couldn't see it happening - it wouldn't be long before holograms and other stupid sci-fi crap work their way in.

Now my list of issues are obviously not the same as yours, but it's not to say I don't have problems with the game.

Complete dark , breakable lights , full destruction ,(not like any operator can break each and everything more like special operators can break metal , wood concrete ,)
Day night cycle, weather , map editor , tdm proper league system
There I gave u tons of starting point for seige 2 .
It's very hard to evolve cod and battlefield but my god with seige the possibilities are endless

Keihart

This is how Siege was 6 months before launch. Watch the alpha vids.
Not exactly, having certain map structures be character specific would be a really good way to avoid the problem, just like he mentions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom