• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege DLC #2 (Dust Line) patch notes: rebalance, new operators, skins

Varth

All problems I listed are either general exploits/problems or issues that both myself and my group of friends that own the game are having trouble with. So I'm gonna guess most of these are fairly common for PS4 owners :)

Not me. I run exactly into one glitch regularly (as in: every f'in time), and it's the damn stairs in the yacht map where people hide being able to snipe out. It's so common I don't believe it's gonna last.

Dunno why people keep mentioning teamkilling in casual as a game specific problem. Just play ranked, it's not like there's any pratical difference and it's a pretty rare occurrence.

Not me. I run exactly into one glitch regularly (as in: every f'in time), and it's the damn stairs in the yacht map where people hide being able to snipe out. It's so common I don't believe it's gonna last.

Dunno why people keep mentioning teamkilling in casual as a game specific problem. Just play ranked, it's not like there's any pratical difference and it's a pretty rare occurrence.

That's a fine solution, but it doesn't take away the fact that it is a problem on Casual.

Also, what are you replying 'not me' to? Your squad system works perfectly moving from game to game? You never have matchmaking issues? Your menu's run at a solid 60fps?

The issue I mentioned is on Hereford Base, by the way. You could get underneath the entire map and shoot people from below. According to the 3.0 patch notes, it should be fixed on the 11th...

andycapps

Gamebreaking bugs (eg. dudes shooting me from underneath the map), long load times, awful squad system for MP with friends, matchmaking breaking down, laggy menu's, teamkilling galore on Casual.....

Like I said, the game is in poor shape on PS4.

I don't disagree with any of that. Even with all that, it's still my favorite shooter out. I'm hoping that most of the above is fixed in tomorrow's patch. Lot of good stuff in it, but network issue patches and teamkilling penalties are conspicuously absent from the patch notes. If it were Sony, I'd say maybe we'll get stealth fixes but I don't think these devs operate that way.

It's not just a Sony issue, there's a lot of networking problems on PC too, particularly with parties. I'm hoping for stealth updates, but it's a shame the patch notes don't specifically mention anything.

Varth

That's a fine solution, but it doesn't take away the fact that it is a problem on Casual.

Also, what are you replying 'not me' to? Your squad system works perfectly moving from game to game? You never have matchmaking issues? Your menu's run at a solid 60fps?

The issue I mentioned is on Hereford Base, by the way. You could get underneath the entire map and shoot people from below. According to the 3.0 patch notes, it should be fixed on the 11th...

Nope, never had this bug.

Played in a squad only at launch, when I DID have problems moving from game to game in a squad or otherwise (had to regularly close and restart the game back then). It receded to the point of being a one in a week occurrence.

Yep on menus being sluggish(also on slow loading) but it never struck me as a bug or game breaking feature. That's not to say I don't hope both get improved, of course.

I don't disagree with any of that. Even with all that, it's still my favorite shooter out. I'm hoping that most of the above is fixed in tomorrow's patch. Lot of good stuff in it, but network issue patches and teamkilling penalties are conspicuously absent from the patch notes. If it were Sony, I'd say maybe we'll get stealth fixes but I don't think these devs operate that way.

I'm afraid you're right. It's my favourite shooter too, by the way. Despite its many, many flaws, I keep coming back to it. Battlefront, COD, The Division...they've come and gone while Siege is still as fun/frustrating to play as it was on day one.

I do think 3.0 is going to fix a lot of minor annoyances.

Apologies if I missed a post, but will this be playable at 12 ET for season passers? Or will there be some midday patch whenever tomorrow?

I don't remember how they did Black Ice.

Apologies if I missed a post, but will this be playable at 12 ET for season passers? Or will there be some midday patch whenever tomorrow?

I don't remember how they did Black Ice.

Here you go.

PS4:
1-2pm UTC/GMT
9-10am EST
8-9am CST
7-8am MST
6-7am PST
11pm-12am May 12th ACT Australia

XB1:
2-3pm UTC/GMT
10-11am EST
9-10am CST
8-9am MST
7-8am PST
12-1am May 12th ACT Australia

PC:
3-4pm UTC/GMT
11-12pm EST
10-11am CST
9-10am MST
8-9am PST
1-2AM May 12th ACT Australia

Flunkie

Banned
Can't fucking wait. I'd be excited for just the update. Quality of life changes for sure.

Now just crossing my fingers that nobody tries to shoot me for choosing the new operators...

Everdred

Damn this game feels so much better. Love the small touches to the menus, really makes it look clean. Picking attachments during character selection is amazing. New lighting engine looks fantastic as well.

It also eliminated some issues I would have finding games in terrorist hunt. The game is almost perfect now.

nahlakhai

Game is seriously one of the best MP FPS experiences of recent memory. Its like a nice mix of MOBA with tactical FPS and the different permutations makes it a very repeatable game. I love all this DLC too, games like this and Halo 5 are definitely setting the bar for post-release development IMO.

Had a full squad all night so that needs to be considered, but perfect matchmaking in ranked for three hours of play. Pings were all 60-90, smooth gameplay, no issues.

Ryoku

I still don't know what to think of Blackbeard at this point. Valkyrie is fine, but trying to hit Blackbeard is a suicide mission. His shield is effectively as good as the other shields in the game. It does break, but only after so many hits. On windows, he is unstoppable. While prone, unstoppable. Unload a full clip in his body and he is still good to go. And his gun fucking hurts.

I just probably have not found a way to properly take him on yet.

Bloody huge update, can't wait to jump back in after my first play-through of Uncharted 4. Some of this changes are very, very welcome and should really help the game.

JDB

Banned
I still don't know what to think of Blackbeard at this point. Valkyrie is fine, but trying to hit Blackbeard is a suicide mission. His shield is effectively as good as the other shields in the game.

I've been one shot through my shield like 5 times already.

Maybe mine is made of paper

Ryoku

Hmm. I did hear my squad mate mention that every now and then a bullet or two does end up piercing through the shield. He never got hurt by one, though.

Didn't get to play Border all night, but I'm really liking the other parts of Dust Line. Hit registration seems better and more responsive. The new gun balance between the flash hider and compensator is really smart and some guns are better than before and others feel worse but in a way that helps the game balance (smg11). Pump action shotguns being better is the best change, they are now viable for the first time since the game came out. I absolutely love how Valkyrie adds to the game, she is perfect for Siege. Not only does it make IQ super crucial now but the idea of an information operator just gels with the overall theme of the game. I don't know what to think of Blackbeard, he seems really overpowered right now but it was just one night of playing against him. He can hold a window and just sit there and in the hands of someone with good aim he will take anyone out that is taking the time to aim precisely at the tip of his head. It feels like they made a shield operator that uses an assault rifle instead of a pistol and can rappel while shielding. I'm hoping people find some hard counters that aren't just 'hope you can get close enough to c4 without getting your head shot off'.

vsMIC

Me, too. First time picking Blackbeard, peaking around a corner with the shield an i get headshot from the front. On killcam it looked like there is a tiny part of the head hitbox above the shield. Blitz had a similar problem before it was patched. Not sure if this was intended by devs...

Me, too. First time picking Blackbeard, peaking around a corner with the shield an i get headshot from the front. On killcam it looked like there is a tiny part of the head hitbox above the shield. Blitz had a similar problem before it was patched. Not sure if this was intended by devs...
seems intended for me, otherwise rappelling blackbeard is nigh invincible, as is, hes really good. Also, try going prone a lot

Hmm. I did hear my squad mate mention that every now and then a bullet or two does end up piercing through the shield. He never got hurt by one, though.

Yeah idk most of my blackbeard runs have been like that. I hear people crying OP in the chat feed but I'm not seeing it myself.

Yeah, I was the only player in my group with a season pass, so I played with Blackbeard almost exclusively for the first five rounds.

Every round ended in a death from a player to my front.

Of course, it had been the first time I played on console in months, so there is that to consider, but I think it says something when the only people complaining about him being OP are those who haven't played as him yet :p He's not invincible. Not by a long shot.

EDIT:

Dat Montagne buff

Yeah, I was the only player in my group with a season pass, so I played with Blackbeard almost exclusively for the first five rounds.

Every round ended in a death from a player to my front.

Of course, it had been the first time I played on console in months, so there is that to consider, but I think it says something when the only people complaining about him being OP are those who haven't played as him yet :p He's not invincible. Not by a long shot.

EDIT:

Dat Tachanka buff

You mean Montagne, right?

Via reddit, undocumented changes:

This is a list of changes that reddit users have found in game that are not officially documented by Ubisoft in the patch notes. (I'll update as we get them):
  • Tachunka's turret is silent when rotating
  • switching to blackbeard's secondary weapon increases movement speed even with the shield equipped on the primary
  • Sledge destroys both layers of a floor when using breaching hammer
  • Not all skins/charms/head gear is available now and will be release over time during season 2
  • IQ cannot see the outline of pulse's cardiac sensor in the way she sees the outline of other gadgets
  • Season pass holders get a free charm & head gear (smoke)
  • Black beard's shield gadget significantly reduces vertical recoil
  • All operators move slower
  • You cannot vote to kick in ranked play (known bug)
  • Compared to normal cameras, Valkyrie's cameras have a wider field of view (fisheye), glow blue when in use, display video in colour and are named "Black eye 1-4".
  • Some skins can now be bought with renown or R6 credits that were previously only available with R6 credits
  • SMG-11 recoil has increased
  • Daily missions now involve selecting any operator from a specified counter terrorist unit rather than a specific operator. Wins are no longer required just game completion.
  • Nitro cells and grenades fly faster
  • Some furniture is no longer destroyed with one bullet
  • Operators lose their rook armor after you are put in a DBNO state and then revived.
  • Frost's voice no longer sounds male.
  • Blackbeard's shield can be destroyed eventually (if under fire)
  • Icons for all the various ranks have changed http://imgur.com/zH3Rzmi
  • The front iron-sight on Buck's C8 was removed when a sight is equipped
  • The R6 Siege website UI has been significantly improved including the player profile page containing player stats.
  • The valentines day and st patricks day skins have become unavailable for some eligible players (known bug)
  • Changes to recoil patterns across various guns https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4izgw1/weapon_recoils_in_30/
  • Compensator and flash hider attachments work slightly differently
  • pulse's gadget display has changed slightly
  • the information about who is the host on terrorist hunt has been removed because the team is not kicked anymore when the host leaves
  • mutes jammers have shiny metal components instead of being all black
  • drones have new overlay visuals with the twitch drone having a unique HUD

Klyka

Banned
Finally got to try the new patch and loving it!

Game feels way smoother for me on PC now, I had no weird hit errors and matchmaking takes seconds!

The new Operators are fun!

Finally got to try the new patch and loving it!

Game feels way smoother for me on PC now, I had no weird hit errors and matchmaking takes seconds!

The new Operators are fun!

I'm shocked, honestly, especially since the patch notes made zero mention of improvements.

I do have some lagginess in character selection menus, but that doesn't seem or feel connection-related.

Anyone know if the season pass is sharable between accounts in the same PS4? (i.e. having the season pass account activated as the primary console)

Update is great. I don't have a season pass so I don't know for sure, but Blackbeard seems OP af right now. Really like changes to sights and windows lighting effects. The only bad thing is that twice today I was stuck outside map border requiring me to reload the game. that never happened before.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The menus are too fucking laggy now; it's really bad. Makes it harder to snag your preferred operator.

This is the only negative stuff i see from this update.The menus for selecting your operator in a multiplayer match.

He's not op. Still very vulnerable and very situational. Great for peeking and checking corners/rooms but not nearly as invulnerable as shield operators.

EDIT: So Pulse's gadget actually doesn't have any outline for IQ's gadget...which, consequently, kinda lets you know whether or not you're looking at Pulse or a gadget.

https://gfycat.com/GreenUnlawfulGrackle

Jharp

Has there been any word on new modes? I know it goes totally against what this game is, but the moment to moment action feels so fucking good, I want a TDM or a Domination mode so bad.

Or I just want CoD to step up its fucking game.

Noirulus

Has there been any word on new modes? I know it goes totally against what this game is, but the moment to moment action feels so fucking good, I want a TDM or a Domination mode so bad.

Or I just want CoD to step up its fucking game.

Modern warfare Remastered needs to come out ASAP ;_;

This DLC looks awesome, will have to pop my copy in again, though the thread does make me a bit wary -- I play on PS4 and it sounds like the community has devolved quite a lot in the time I've been away. :(

Top Bottom