• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Question fellow operators. I don't know if you heard the news, that microsoft aquired a small little indie publisher called "zenimax". With their output being exclusive to the xbox platform now, I'm thinking about going xbox again (already had an xbox 360 back in the days). My friends still play on PS4 and (thats what they told me) will stay on PS5.

Question: is crossplay beween playstation and xbox coming to siege? Anybody heard anything about that?

Compsiox

Banned
After 5 years and about 4000 hours (in gameplay), I think I'm about done with Siege. At least for now.

The game is not fun this season for the following reasons:
  • I think map ban has hurt the game a lot.Playing the same maps over and over again put a fucking axe through the amazing replayability that the devs were able to conjure up.
    • Granted some maps were unbalanced but playing a small pool over and over bores me to tears.
  • Solo queue is torture this season in high plat on PC. Awful people are making it to high ranks somehow. Generally, in previous years/seasons I had a decent mix of good and bad teams. This time everyone seems to be bad. I could very well be getting unlucky but I'm very sure some of these people I play with don't deserve their ranks.
  • Hackers. nuff said
I haven't been playing much for the last few weeks. Every time I try to get into it again I'm just not feeling it. I never thought I'd get completely bored of the game, but Ubi made it happen (at least with the map ban).

Biggo sad.

Last edited:
After 5 years and about 4000 hours (in gameplay), I think I'm about done with Siege. At least for now.

The game is not fun this season for the following reasons:
  • I think map ban has hurt the game a lot.Playing the same maps over and over again put a fucking axe through the amazing replayability that the devs were able to conjure up.
    • Granted some maps were unbalanced but playing a small pool over and over bores me to tears.
  • Solo queue is torture this season in high plat on PC. Awful people are making it to high ranks somehow. Generally, in previous years/seasons I had a decent mix of good and bad teams. This time everyone seems to be bad. I could very well be getting unlucky but I'm very sure some of these people I play with don't deserve their ranks.
  • Hackers. nuff said
I haven't been playing much for the last few weeks. Every time I try to get into it again I'm just not feeling it. I never thought I'd get completely bored of the game, but Ubi made it happen (at least with the map ban).

Biggo sad.
I see it each season....you get 1 or 2 average players and you get carried by 3 good players steamrolling the placement games

you then get into the same ranked ban cycle....the same maps get banned and the same operators

I will say one good thing...the removed vote to kick has certainly made a lot of toxic idiots shut up as it was the tool of trolls

Compsiox

Banned
I have to say, dedicating a lot less of my time to Siege has been pretty great. I love the game to death but the grind can drag you down and make you feel like you wasted your time. Playing for only a few days each week is preferable if you don't want to hate yourself.

Compsiox

Banned
After not playing at all for what will be a month and a half, I'll be returning in a week or so for the new season. I think I'll regret it honestly but I'm afraid of losing my knowledge (and skill I guess). Never taken a break longer than 2 weeks in my 5 years of playing the game.

Last edited:
I no longer take the game as seriously as I did before and find myself enjoying a little more tbh. The gadget meta has gotten out of hand in this game and it just makes ranked matches frustrating at times, especially when you go up against really good players.

This game would be so much better if the community wasn't so fucking toxic at times. I think this game really needs a permeant arcade game mode.

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
I no longer take the game as seriously as I did before and find myself enjoying a little more tbh. The gadget meta has gotten out of hand in this game and it just makes ranked matches frustrating at times, especially when you go up against really good players.

This game would be so much better if the community wasn't so fucking toxic at times. I think this game really needs a permeant arcade game mode.
They're slowly making arcade modes and once they have enough they'll likely make it permanent. Like Golden Gun and that mode where the ops your team uses get banned if you win the round. I think there's one more. Can't remember right now. It will probably be a while before it becomes permanent.

I'm glad you can not take the game too seriously. I'm too competitive for that. Losing just sucks.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I love Siege but at this point I probably just want a refresh, as in a brand new game. it's gotten too convoluted IMO. I stopped playing around 2 years ago (after very heavy playing since release) and I just can't get into the state to enjoy this game with all these characters and gadgets lol.

I love Siege but at this point I probably just want a refresh, as in a brand new game. it's gotten too convoluted IMO. I stopped playing around 2 years ago (after very heavy playing since release) and I just can't get into the state to enjoy this game with all these characters and gadgets lol.
Agreed, Siege just needs a sequel at this point

There was a leak recently that showed a mode that only had the original operators and classic maps returning. Likely just an event but still cool.

Here's an annoying video that shows some of the content.

That would be nice. I miss some of the old maps. BTW, what ops do you usually main?

Last edited:

wipeout364

Ubisoft really needs to work on their battle pass. Terrible rewards and leveling is too slow with so few challenges to boost. it’s just so bad, they need to get things turned around this game is dying and their greed is killing it faster. It’s a great idea, innovative but such terrible support and contempt for casual and console players. I will be interested to see how much they drop in population when they try to launch another season pass, 4 battle passes and then 4 paid events to get the skins that should be in the battle pass.

Well boys, Im really starting to lose interest in this game.

My current issues:

1. No new maps or guns

2. Unnecessary nerfs to beloved characters, Pro league has way too much say on how this game is balanced

3. The game is clearly favored for defense

4. Gadget meta is really making the game frustrating to play (see above point)

5. Community is still toxic

6. No new permeant arcade mode, this game desperately needs one to keep the sweat levels down

7. Only one Operator per season now.

TLDR: The meta is getting very bland and no new spicy content to jolt some life in it.

wipeout364

Some of my thoughts on the siege road map last weekend:

New operator seems pretty bland, disappointing ability and character design, almost as stupid looking as amaru. Back story the guy was talking about was ridiculous and these kind of characters are ruining the military vibe of the game which is one of its selling points.

I think some of them changes announced could improve things though. I like the ability to use cameras and devices when dead, as well as the ability for offense to change operators till the end of the prep phase. Several other changes sound promising.

disappointed to hear we are not getting a new map again

I am hopeful that the new battle pass will be better, at least they are not putting out a season pass on top of the battle pass like last year.

wipeout364

So after sitting out last season I fired up the game for this season. Some thoughts:

1. changes to Fuse are great makes him much more viable
2. New Operator looks ridiculous like the last operator(ubisoft please fire your art department and writers they are garbage tier). That said she brings decent utility to the game and is a good design from a functional point of view.
3. Map redesigns are good Nice to see Favela get some love.
4. Shattered glass changes I am on the fence about. It’s a bit weird that my elbow will shatter glass but bullets have no effect.
5. Battle pass is much better but still needs buffs to progression. Battle passes should be easy to complete for people that pay for them IMO.
6. I play at a low level since I’m terrible but haven’t felt the flash changes have been overpowering.

Top Bottom