• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and clank a rift apart is everything wrong with game development today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So you agree that you’re a stupid toxic caveman and need to be told to act otherwise.

Fucking simps.
You got me. I’m a homo erectus.

gay men GIF

This kind of shit is why I'm losing interest in forums.

I know we've all got our opinions but damn aren't there some whiners on here.

Ratchet & Clank 'everything wrong with modern development', really?????

Have you seen some of the unpolished shit that gets regularly released by AAA devs these days?

R&C is one of the few proper next gen games we've got so far. It looks fantastic, is extremely polished, feels good to play and generally is not AT ALL a bad videogame.

Does it reinvent the wheel? No... but why would anyone expect it to?

Some of ya'll folks must go into each game expecting a magnum opus or something smh.

TonyK

My problem with the game is that, even if I enjoyed it, it seems the same Ratchet game as always. It doesn't do anything new. It looks great but it's totally forgettable. It's a great forgettable game, if that has any sense.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sid Meier: "A game is a series of interesting decisions."

Insomniac: Just shove the player down a conveyor belt and put trash mobs in the way the entire time. Make the graphics good or some ****, who cares."

A few moments later...

Geoff Keighley: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is nominated for GotY!

OP, I'm with you.

By the way i’m excited to play returnal, only played a bit so far. Yes, with a female character, because you zombies can’t seem to see the difference.

A new Ip is fine, femwashing an existing ip for activism points is not.

No nuance, just gotta defend dear Sony.

Carry on soldiers!

GHG

Gold Member
By the way i’m excited to play returnal, only played a bit so far. Yes, with a female character, because you zombies can’t seem to see the difference.

Carry on soldiers!

The game is still Ratchet and mother fucking Clank and you're sat there talking out of your arse about "femwashing"?

Show us on the doll where the females have never touched you.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's 10x better than 2016 ratchet. Actually a very fun, great looking game.
But I gree with your statements. It is repetitive but that might be ok..
The worst thing is how safe it is to not offend anyone. Ratchet lost any edge he had.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Carry on soldiers!
I think people are just poking fun in a light hearted way.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
R&C is one of the few proper next gen games we've got so far. It looks fantastic, is extremely polished, feels good to play and generally is not AT ALL a bad videogame.

Graphics, polish, and feel do not a good game make.

PUBG was a nightmare in all 3 areas and it grew into a behemoth because fun is what makes games good.

Rift Aparts design doc is the same one they've been using since 2002. Next gen my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom