• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart |OT| Next-gen just got riveting....

benzy

j7f627y.gif

CitizenZ

Banned
This Thread really shows the passion of enthusiast gamers who love games like they were work of art; and yes, Ratchet and Clanc is pure work of art, beautiful, lovely. Thanks Insomniac.

Look, the game looks great and obviously will play great but to take visuals over gameplay as something special and even call them "enthusiast", is kind of laughable. I think the term you were looking for was causal.

CitizenZ

Banned
Wtf, so now the latest criticism of this game is it's for "casuals"? Am I reading you right?

Its a 3rd person action shooter with a furry as the hero, right? I like the series and its awesome but to think its a must play, not so much. I guess the best way to describe MY interest is its perfect at $20 like all of them have been.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Its a 3rd person action shooter with a furry as the hero, right? I like the series and its awesome but to think its a must play, not so much. I guess the best way to describe MY interest is its perfect at $20 like all of them have been.
So what classifies as a must play to you? I think this is a "must play" if you're into 3d action games. 🤷‍♂️

CitizenZ

Banned
So what classifies as a must play to you? I think this is a "must play" if you're into 3d action games. 🤷‍♂️

To each their own, if you think it is worth $70 go for it. Im just saying I don't see anything outside the visual upgrade that warrants a must play, for me. But if it does for you, go for it have a good time.

HotPocket69

Banned
Look, the game looks great and obviously will play great but to take visuals over gameplay as something special and even call them "enthusiast", is kind of laughable. I think the term you were looking for was causal.

It isn’t causal or casual. Thanks

Illo

Never in my whole life have I ever been hyped for a Ratchet and Clank game.

But this game ... looks incredible. And the gameplay looks super tight.

Insomniac really leveled up. Day 1
*Been excitingly picking up every new Ratchet game since Up Your Arsenal*

Well at least you started. It was easier to take it for granted when a new game came out just about every year or other year.

The break from Into the Nexus and the PS4 remake never scratched the itch for the next entry of the series.

CitizenZ

Banned
You can check post history and just stop arguing. Just another troll trying to stir up some shit.

Im talking from an adult point of view, not trolling in any way. Been there done that, if there is something new let me know, there isnt. Its a $20 game in a yr, but if you want to play right now its your choice. No harm or foul, none.

• LOL
Reactions: Rea

Dr Bass

To each their own, if you think it is worth $70 go for it. Im just saying I don't see anything outside the visual upgrade that warrants a must play, for me. But if it does for you, go for it have a good time.
I totally am. And I bought the digital deluxe!

Now excuse me while I go look for an OT for a game I don’t want to play and think isn’t worth the money so I can express that opinion to everyone who actually wants it. That appears to be the M.O. around here.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Man, the PS Store website for the US sucks. The search function shows pretty much every game I'm not searching for, and big games like this aren't even featured in the "Coming Soon" type sections. I had to manually browse, alphabetically, through the PS5 games. I would have just used the far superior PS5 interface but my girl is playing Chilvary 2 like it's going out of style right now (a good three hours straight now).

Anyway, Digital Deluxe preordered. Gimme them extras.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Someone with a copy share played the game with me. I couldn't play it though, wouldn't allow me since it wasn't released in my region yet. I only watched and it seemed cool

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Some of the greatest games of all time for my money. Hell some of the ps2 ones even got the scores they deserved in tbe 90s on meta. A crack in time and up your arsenal are all timers especially. Going Commando and tools of destruction are right up there as well.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I just dropped my $100 canadian too.....
The wierd thing is, if you select the game, then the ... it shows release 6/10/2021........does this mean I can play it in an hourl? lol

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I paid 100 ********, i don't give a shit , looks fucking awsome and we only live once !

I got the deluxe edition even though not interested in the extra content that much, just because it's "TOO good" and a "Must Play". It's a generation-defining game.

Also not sure what happened up there in your post, seems like it's E3, sorry.

Last edited:

Caio

I was referring to the person who started This Thread, and in general the beauty of some Threads inspired by these beautiful games.
You didn't get it, isn't it ?

TrebleShot

Just pre-loaded :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Dualsense/3D audio is like for this.

Astro spoilt me for the Haptic Feedback and Returnal spoilt me for 3D audio. I hope this game can be the best of both.
By all accounts I have heard both are at least as good as Returnal.

I think ACG mentioned the portal sounds are akin to hearing those pulse grenades in Battlefront for the first time and sound excellent.

by the way if you like 3D audio check out social audio on Apple Music. It’s incredible.

Top Bottom