• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart |OT| Next-gen just got riveting....

thewire

It’s preloaded and ready for me tommoz, along with ff7 remake & dlc but I’ve still got to beat returnal (biome 5 is kicking my ass) & disco elysium. Might just sideline them for rachet, I’ll probably no life it over the weekend.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
It’s preloaded and ready for me tommoz, along with ff7 remake & dlc but I’ve still got to beat returnal (biome 5 is kicking my ass) & disco elysium.
Too Much Reaction GIF

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Got my copy in the mail!

There is no reason NOT to start playing it today even though the release date is tomorrow, or...? The day 1 patch is already available, right? And Sony doesn't "flag" consoles or whatever for playing games before they are officially released?

Last edited:

balt1kr1s

Played 1st hour through my lunch break.
Mixture of those ridiculously good graphics and no loadings whatsoever makes transition between cut scenes and gameplay absolutely smooth, to the point where my brain have to adapt as used to all the tricks developers normally do to hide loading.
Here, no loadings at all - no tricks, it’s just that fast!! and I’m not sure what impresses me more - jumping between worlds with rifts (it’s a literal second lol) or the fact that equivalent of grappling…hook? Does not pull you, but world towards you instead lol.
I would never expect that “Pixar game” would blow my mind, but it did so far and have not been that impressed for a really long time.
Also, mixture of dualsense implementation and 3D Audio adds fuck load to immersion, like with Returnal.
Seriously can’t wait to finish work and play it more!

Technology within PS5 and connected PSVR2 will be surreal, I’m sure of it.

Last edited:

balt1kr1s

Got my copy in the mail!

There is no reason NOT to start playing it today even though the release date is tomorrow, or...? The day 1 patch is already available, right? And Sony doesn't "flag" consoles or whatever for playing games before they are officially released?
Consoles being flagged is nothing more than a myth.
Yes, day 1 patch is available now with performance RT mode included.

Last edited:

Arun1910

Got my copy in the mail!

You'll be fine, however I think some visual modes are only available with the patch.

Performance and Performance RT won't be there yet.

Edit: NM didn't know the Day 1 patch was out. Go nuts!

Last edited:
Dang why is everyone getting this early!?

I woke up thinking I made a mistake and the release date was today since I’ve seen so many with their copies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My friend who already installed this from disc says there's a 33GB update. That's, like, the entire game?! Sounds crazy. Is this really the case? What the hell is the disc even for in that case, lol.

GymWolf

Haven’t seen anyone mention how quick the gunplay haptics and feedback drain the controller battery, but if it’s anything like Returnal it’ll be fucking brutal.
I disabled that shit in returnal.

The screens in this page looks fantastic, can't wait for tomorrow.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Disabled them? Goddamn what a grody move bro. The controller feedback is a massive part of that experience. It probably will be a big one here too.

RIP in piece my batterizies
I had the triggers already disabled before starting the game because i just don't like that feature at all, but i played with the haptic for the first 15 hours or so, it was nice at the beginning but i just didn't noticed anymore after a while, i just don't care about this stuff.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

By all accounts I have heard both are at least as good as Returnal.

I think ACG mentioned the portal sounds are akin to hearing those pulse grenades in Battlefront for the first time and sound excellent.

by the way if you like 3D audio check out social audio on Apple Music. It’s incredible.
Quick question, what are you using to listen to apple spatial audio. Just regular headphones?

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Quick question, what are you using to listen to apple spatial audio. Just regular headphones
Yeah I have a pair of Galaxy Buds that work over Bluetooth.

they haven’t done the best job of explaining it but in the settings you have to select “always on” under “music” and it will work with any headphones.

Top Bottom