• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart |OT| Next-gen just got riveting....

cormack12

Gold Member
MyEROMd.png

AhFoVhj.png

lJS3H1L.png

ANtn1sn.png

GyVe9Fu.png

xSnofQO.png
L4pG34i.png

Zg2hsX9.png

tli3Krw.png
xbae78A.png

qocROyO.png

kSnFxWi.gif

L3Zi9fs.gif

Boaf4UY.gif

rBB732g.png

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
My favorite game series of all time getting the attention and hopefully the sales it deserves. Adam Sessler giving it a 5/5 took me back to when they gave Going Commando that and I immediately put it on my Christmas list back in 03

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Great OT my man! Lets go!!!

Sony has blown away my expectations for both Ratchet and Returnal. Did not expect either of them to land so high up on Metacritic. Both are in the GOTY range which is nuts. I cant remember the last time a ratchet game was a GOTY contender. Maybe Future on PS3, but Xbox had a killer lineup that year and it was lost in the shuffle.

I hope Sony has bestbuy do some midnight launches for these games. They are starting to do Halo numbers and while Ratchet might not do TLOU2 numbers, i would love to be able to play the physical version at midnight. There is something magical about playing a new game at midnight.

Markio128

Nice OT. My physical copy will be here by the time I’ve finished work on Friday and I can’t wait for it to melt my eyeballs. Like somebody else mentioned above, I’m tempted to throw a sickie on Friday haha

G-Bus

Banned
Does this unlock 9PM PST tonight?

Edit. Nvm, thought it released 10th, not 11th.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love Ratchet and Clank, but I just can't bring myself to plunk down $70 for this. It's weird, because I think I'd be on board for $60. But now that it's $70, I think "I'll wait for 50% off and get it for $35" - even though that'll probably be a year from now. Brains are weird.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I love Ratchet and Clank, but I just can't bring myself to plunk down $70 for this. It's weird, because I think I'd be on board for $60. But now that it's $70, I think "I'll wait for 50% off and get it for $35" - even though that'll probably be a year from now. Brains are weird.

You'll spend more than $10 next weekend on food and other stuff outside. Financially, that extra $10 could save you more than what you'll spend in that weekend. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're spend more than $10 next weekend on food and other stuff outside. Financially, that extra $10 could save you more than what you'll spend in that weekend. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Like I said, brains are weird. Logically I know you're right. Realistically, I'm old and have tons of other things to play.

reektann

Curious what mode everyone is planning to go with. I sort of want to see what the PS5 can do as long as it’s a smooth 30fps. Doesn’t help I recently replayed the PS4 game at 60.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned

If a 10 dollar price increase after 15 years is your breaking point, you probably shouldn't have been buying 60 USD games in the first place.

Unknown?

I get the psychological aspect of it but consider that in 2006, $60 equaled $79.50 adjusted for inflation today.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Wait, this game has global illumination, RT shadows and RT reflections?? Holy crap!
Every game has GI. It's just nearly all of them use GI light probes like this game does. RT shadows/reflections is expected. You won't tell the difference with RT shadows and shadow maps. The reflections however, will stand out.

Last edited:

jshackles

If a 10 dollar price increase after 15 years is your breaking point, you probably shouldn't have been buying 60 USD games in the first place.
It's not a matter of means - I buy tons of $60 games. But I also usually try to weigh the value of the games I'm playing against their cost, and my time. Most Ratchet games are 10 or so hours for me personally, so I'm looking at $7 an hour. (most reviewers say 8-12, so 10 seems like a good bet). That's hard to stack up against other games or services - for example I'm currently playing through Tales of Berseria on PC and it cost me $5.99 and I've already put over 40 hours into it ($0.15/hr). I paid full price ($60) for Animal Crossing last year, but between my wife and I we've played it nearly 800 hours so I consider it a good value ($0.07/hr). I put in over 60 hours each on Ghosts of Tsushima and Final Fantasy VIIR last year, both of which I paid full price for ($1/hr). To compare apples to apples with similarly sized games, I bought Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury for full price and played through it with my son and it took about 10 hours, so $6/hour more or less (assuming I don't play 3D World, which I probably will at some point). That's pretty much the upper limit of what I'd consider to be a good value, and I still might get another 10-15 hours out of that game somewhere down the line.

I also know myself well enough to know that a losing value proposition on a game's price is going to drastically reduce my enjoyment of it, especially if it's a short game like this. I'll usually start being more and more critical of the experience the closer I get to the end. I can wait five months til it's on a pretty good discount over Black Friday (it'll also give them time to work out any bugs and issues, optimize performance, etc.) and probably enjoy it overall more than I would picking it up now because I'll be paying less. Not calling anyone that buys it at $70 a sucker or anything, just trying to give some insight into my own fucked up brain.

Tmack

Damm, just recently finished and got platinum on the ps4 RC and was considering skiping this one for a while but it`s getting harder and harder.

Top Bottom