• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart’s latest trailer may hint at the game coming to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Sony released today a new trailer for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart that may possibly hint at a future PC release. The ending of the trailer clearly states that it will be a Playstation 5 console exclusive, and not a Playstation 5 exclusive.
As we’ve seen numerous times, Sony is using the term “Playstation 5 console exclusive” when a game is timed-exclusive on PS5. This happened with Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XVI, Project Athia and Death Stranding.

What’s also interesting is that the game’s previous trailer stated that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was a “Playstation 5 exclusive”. This change obviously hints at the game coming to other platforms, and the PC is the most likely one.
It’s worth noting that Sony also hinted at Demon’s Souls Remake coming to PC back in September 2020. The publisher did the same mistake with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart so it will be interesting to see whether this game will also release on PC.

Lastly, it’s worth noting that Playstation Studios’ Steam page hints at more Playstation games coming to PC. Sony has stated that it will port more games on PC. As the Steam page hints, there are currently 17 hidden PC games and DLCs.
Below you can find the latest trailer for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. I’ve also captured the ending message (in case Sony decides to remove or change that message).

Here is the ending message from this latest trailer.

New Rachet PC tease

And here is the ending message from the game’s previous trailer.

Ratchet & Clank previous trailer

As always, take everything you just read with a grain of salt. This could be just a typo and nothing more.
Still, it makes you wonder how Sony made that “mistake“. And no, don’t expect Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart to hit PC anytime soon. If Sony indeed plans to bring it to PC, it will be at least one year after its PS5 release.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
How would this game even work without the M.2 drive and PS5 i/o?

Why would it NOT work on even a SATA SSD drive.

How much data does the PS5 actually transfer during gameplay couldnt a bunch of extra data be held in RAM, and couldnt a 6 core desktop processor make up some of the lost overhead?

Not saying its definitely coming to PC, but I still dont believe weve seen any games that actually NEED PS5 SSD speeds to run.

mansoor1980

the desire for a PC PORT is STROOOOOOOOOOOOONG with this one
EarnestComposedBasil-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't see it for this game. With the ssd loading/portals etc. Would be too bad of a look for Sony if it turns out it runs on pretty standard ssds
Who says it wouldn't run on standard ssds? If anything they would lower the quality/number of assets for PC. If it comes to worse, there would be a small hiccup in some parts but nothing really noticeable.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

If 30fps looks that good I can't wait to play it at 24fps with higher IQ :goog_sneaky:

Its really going to look like a pixar movie when I get done with it... move like one too!

Last edited:
The game would be playable on PC with DirectStorage/RTX IO and higher RAM requirements. Load times between portals may be longer... that's pretty much it.
Higher than 16GB? No problem. Most PC gamers have 16GB RAM just for the CPU. GPUs have anywhere between 6-24GB. My PC has total of 40GB across cpu/gpu. PS5 has 16GB to share between CPU + GPU.

PC will be fine. Like you say PC also has directstorage + rtx io. The only thing that might affect performance is slightly slower SSDs but we’ll soon have SSDs with speeds up to ~14GB/s compared to PS5s 5.5GB (max 7GB).

Last edited:
Do you know WHEN direct storage will release?

Microsoft DirectStorage is due to get a limited developer preview this summer, with a full release expected before the year's end.
I know it’s not out so what’s your point?

it will be here in time for any PC ports :) my point is that PC will be able to run games made for PS5 just fine if they come to PC

anyway i seem to always be getting told PS5 games won’t be coming to Pc for years so why you getting so upset?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Do you know WHEN direct storage will release?

Microsoft DirectStorage is due to get a limited developer preview this summer, with a full release expected before the year's end.

ReBAR is already active on RTX30 GPUs.
RTX I/O and DirectStorage should be already in devs hands and by the time this or any game that requires anywhere near PS5 SSD speeds to actually run it should be in all our PCs anyway.

Someone confirmed that? Last that I saw was that it was PS5 only. Maybe you heard from someone that the PC version is arriving within 4 years.
lol they are talking about how Sony fanboys are constantly insisting that PC won’t get ports for years. They don’t like it when people say they will just wait and play the games on PC with better performance/quality so their response is “well, enjoy waiting 4 years to play it”.

The console exclusivity might had just meant it's for PS5. Not PS4.
They why not just say it’s for Playstation 5 and don’t bother mentioning PS4?

usually if it says console exclusive it means just that. it’ll only come out on that console but will be available on PC.

i find if suspicious that this “typo” has been made on both Demons Souls + Ratchet. How can you accidentally type a whole word? It smells like it was accidentally released. Can’t be advertising PC version cause Sony wants people to buy a PS5.

VFXVeteran

Banned
The game will never arrive on pc, and also it can never run on pc until pc SSD i/o tech catches up which I expect to not happen for at least 2 or 3 years.
The game is nowhere near computensive like some of you want to believe. The assets in that game can clearly be rendered without the need for an SSD. This is not on the same scale as UE5 demo.

5JNsZHJ.png

Last edited:
The game will never arrive on pc, and also it can never run on pc until pc SSD i/o tech catches up which I expect to not happen for at least 2 or 3 years.
Oh man this is hilarious.

PCs have the same SSD tech as PS5. Ever so slightly slower? Yes but it will run just fine. Don’t forget PC has much faster CPU + RAM speeds it’s not just about SSD speed. Also, PC is getting DirectStorage + RTX I/O. Already has ReBar.

Not only could it run on PC but it likely would run better. As for that 2-3 year estimation of yours? By then PC will be on DDR5 + PCIE 5.0 so it will definitely run faster. If SSD speed is what you’re going on about then PC could have an SSD with twice the speed of that found in a PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom