• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart previews dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blond

Banned
e2537cddf26534ad49214c6d4dedc543.gif
gg9P7ww.jpg

gaf please, you’re slowly killing me

jaysius

Banned
They're not even letting these hype event attendees play the fucking thing THIS CLOSE to release, WTF? Not a great sign at all.

They've just watched a youtube video essentially and had to write articles about it to stay in league with their peers.

BBC saying it's like playing a pixar movie, how the fuck would they know? They didn't get to play anything.

Last edited:
Haters in here talking about clipping, go back to your shit Gamepass sub. I've been feasting on Returnal, and soon Ratchet.

I'm not a "hater".
If we are allowed to look and praise how good the graphics are, why are we not allowed to point the minor details still needing improvement? This clipping is one of the biggest issues real time graphics have, I wish to see the day games will not have this problem anymore and I was hopping a bit that Insomniac would get closer with this game remembering what they already with the latest Spider Man patch using ML to make Spider's body deform in a more realistic way.

Looks like it's something for them to solve in the future.

Can you point out to the clipping issues. I'm far sighted and the screenshot is blurry and compressed. thanks

It's the default clipping issue games have, just look when Rivet is talking with her arm closed across her chest. Look how her arm clips through her clothes and neither deform, just like in any other game.

The movement here is more "cartoony", the characters bodies deform and distort at will no matter what material they are, but they still can't deform to not clip against itself.

I'm all for differing opinions and analysis, but the poster is literally posting a 1080p screen grab complaining about clipping. So no offense to me that's pretty cringe

Explain to me how the resolution matters to point this?
I could save a screencap in 240p and would be equally as valid.

Last edited:

LordCBH

I’ve been thirsting hard for a new main entry in my favorite series since I finished into the nexus way back years ago. This last month of waiting are gonna be tough

Papacheeks

Banned
So to counter idiot fanboys, you become one yourself? That’ll show ‘em!

Just ribbing and some trolling. im getting sick of the narrative by the usual culprits about Gamepass. ANd most of those people either PC or XBox fans come in here and say dumb shit. Like if you have raw 4k footage of Ratchet and clank and are going over it to show/point out some things. Thats totally fine, NX GAMER, DF do that.
But the person in question literally posted a compressed 1080p screenshot from youtube to bring into a preview thread for a game everyone is fawning over just to add some "constructive" criticism on a game that doesn't release till June.
Like if the game was looking like Halo Infinite 2020 then by all means lets go in and talk about it. But honestly the people who are in PC threads and gamepass threads came in here just to rain on all the positivity because the piece of plastic or subscription they were sold isn't being talked about with the same fever.

So i threw some dumb fanboy shade.
Sue me, everyone has their cringe moment, that was mine.
I know there are tons of xbox fans who hate when people like myself are critical of xbox's strat, but then again where are the games from Microsoft that are showing off the quality we are seeing from Playstation?
And it's like this in the returnal thread as well. People specifically the usual suspects were all talking about the 1080p/1440p resolution for that game like someone sold them a lie or something.

You think I'm being an ass report me.
Im sick of the trolls, and even though I probably should have taken the high road which I usually try to do, it slipped because of my strong feelings of Insomniac as a developer. I'm happy the whole industry now is fawning over them. They for so long until spiderman were in the shadows hit wise, and franchises like Ratchet were not widely celebrated.

So if you want me to say sorry, I guess sorry. But honestly this place has too many people who just want to shit in threads with what they think is Constructive criticism but it's just them hating that Playstation threads are more positive and have more activity.
If you want that for Xbox than MS needs to show games worth giving a fuck about plain and simple.
No amount of subs will change that. They can buy Battlefield 6 and put it on the service, get tons of great buzz, lots of happy subscribers. But at the end of the day I buy a console personally for me to play games I can't on other platforms.

It's how I've always been. its why i own everything.

So i guess what I'm saying is I'll do better.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
If Sony is allowing people to play the game, and have a lot of loose embargo, they must be super confident to allow these previews a month before release. Only other game they did this for was God of war.

I think this game is going to blow people away.

Edit: People did not like me throwing shade. And after reflecting it was not in good taste. But know this to other posters its a two way street. Be better and actually dont be petty in trying to find faults from a 1080p youtube screen grab.

You didn't even watch ONE video or READ ONE of these articles, this was a HANDS OFF PREVIEW. So there goes your ENTIRE post about confidence.

Papacheeks

Banned
You didn't even watch ONE video or READ ONE of these articles, this was a HANDS OFF PREVIEW. So there goes your ENTIRE post about confidence.

i watched game informer's. Ok they didn't play it, I thought they were given demo's. My bad. My point still stands about the usual people shitting up threads on things people are super excited for. YOU literally are saying in your previous post in one of these ratchet threads its not a good sign that they didn't get a chance to play it?

It's ratchet? Everyone who's putting up a preview knows what ratchet is all about. You literally are concern trolling like crazy.

They're not even letting these hype event attendees play the fucking thing THIS CLOSE to release, WTF? Not a great sign at all.

They've just watched a youtube video essentially and had to write articles about it to stay in league with their peers.

BBC saying it's like playing a pixar movie, how the fuck would they know? They didn't get to play anything.

Like I can't believe this is you dude. It's ratchet. It's the same thing if gears 5 was shown with a preview and people didn't play it. I think the reason is the dual sense, they dont want people spoiling things. On top of possible story beats.

Last edited:

TwistedSyn

2020 Demo:
2a8j2d.jpg

Today's preview:
screenshot57d1kpf.png

inb4 downgrade bullshittery. Game looks fantastic and Insomniac are wizards.
Yeah that is a weird change but, if I remember correctly, didn't Rachet and Clank come through a rift in the 2020 demo instead of fall? Maybe there is a time loop or alternate dimension to it. Or maybe that's just me thinking too much outside the box.

Still it looks amazing. 9th gen is really blowing my mind right now.

Last edited:

elliot5

Graphics are gorgeous, beautiful. Gameplay on the other hand looks nothing special.
kinda agree unless they are keeping some things secret or if Clank segments are special. It's gorgeous and a technical masterpiece, but the gameplay looks like same ol' R&C. Some may like that, but it's not something that gets me excited. I can see myself playing it down the road for the eye candy.

Bryank75

Banned
It’s like wiping your ass with silk.

Understand Captain America GIF

The game looks insane, love the movement on Rivet. The thrust-boots are going to make getting around fun and the dodge looks very cool with that holographic effect.
The weapons look like there has been a lot of thought put into mixing them up a bit.

I hope Mr Zurkon has some cool new lines, I always laugh at his stuff.

Papacheeks

Banned
Understand Captain America GIF

The game looks insane, love the movement on Rivet. The thrust-boots are going to make getting around fun and the dodge looks very cool with that holographic effect.
The weapons look like there has been a lot of thought put into mixing them up a bit.

I hope Mr Zurkon has some cool new lines, I always laugh at his stuff.

"mr.Zurkon does not need to be paid with Bolts, Mr. Zurkon's currency is Pain!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom