• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart previews dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
Alright that looks fucking amazing!!

Reminds me of the UE5 footage!

And now we know why Sony has 450 Million invested with Epic. If Insomniac can do this with their engine, then imagine what Epic can do with Unreal 5.

People should be thanking Mark Cerny, and Insomniac for actually showing what we can do so early with asset streaming. Direct Storage for Direct X 12 ultimate needs to get here now. Can't wait to see PC developers use these type of techniques for VR.

Fredrik

You chose a xbox first should have got a PS5. But those games will still be there when you can get one and probably cheaper too. So dont sweat it.
I was there to preorder but it was over before it started, then I was okay with only having a XSX and Gamepass, for awhile... But now it’s just brutal. First Returnal, and now this. I know it’s just regular FOMO but it still stings.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

acrobat GIF

Papacheeks

Banned
I was there to preorder but it was over before it started, then I was okay with only having a XSX and Gamepass, for awhile... But now it’s just brutal. First Returnal, and now this. I know it’s just regular FOMO but it still stings.

I think honestly we will see more consoles this summer. Just keep looking and i think people here might help you out. I think the buy, sell trade thread is a good place to have pinned and check every week.

If I find one for you I'll try to send you a DM.

Where do you like US, UK, EU?

mcjmetroid

I really wouldn't be trusting reviews on this one :D

I hope it's a good game but reviews are going to be full of " Finally a game that shows off the SSD capabilities of the PS5"
Which is ya... alright whatever.

I predict an 85 on Metacritic

Theres a clipping issue in Frozen and Thanos infinity gauntlet. I wish films solve the problem already.

:messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

Two movies made by Disney!
Weren't we talking about Pixar movies here? So as good as a Disney movie but not as good as a Pixar. (ಠ .̫.̫ ಠ)

Fredrik

I think honestly we will see more consoles this summer. Just keep looking and i think people here might help you out. I think the buy, sell trade thread is a good place to have pinned and check every week.

If I find one for you I'll try to send you a DM.

Where do you like US, UK, EU?
I’m in Sweden. All the big stores has stopped taking orders, had a chat today with one store, they have no idea when more is coming in, meanwhile scalpers are living the dream selling consoles for 2x launch price. 😤

But I think I could deal with it better if Microsoft started releasing games. No idea what’s happening there, maybe they’re waiting for E3? 🤷‍♂️

Tripolygon

Banned
Two movies made by Disney!
Weren't we talking about Pixar movies here? So as good as a Disney movie but not as good as a Pixar. (ಠ .̫.̫ ಠ)
Its not that serious mate. I see these things all the time. I went and clipped it for you because i remember seeing it. There are a lot more. Its one of those things our brain just fills in unless you train yourself to see them. I never used to notice 30fps or aliasing but now i do. Still doesnt bother me though.

51iA8isg59L._AC_UL600_SR441,600_.jpg

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I’m in Sweden. All the big stores has stopped taking orders, had a chat today with one store, they have no idea when more is coming in, meanwhile scalpers are living the dream selling consoles for 2x launch price. 😤

But I think I could deal with it better if Microsoft started releasing games. No idea what’s happening there, maybe they’re waiting for E3? 🤷‍♂️

Things might be looking up for you buddy:

In the second quote Jim Ryan says later this summer we should see much better supply for demand.

Fredrik

Things might be looking up for you buddy:

In the second quote Jim Ryan says later this summer we should see much better supply for demand.
Sounds promising! But Sweden is tiny, it all depends if Jim think we matter enough that he sends extra units here.

Schmick

So for me the biggest advances in next gen gaming come from Ray Tracing, machine learning, SSDs and I/O. It seems from my point view that consoles have the 4 covered but how is PC going to compete when you consider that a lot will still be using standard hard drives or SATA SSDs. How does a game that has been designed with SSDs in mind downscale to PCs that don't have them?

Last edited:
I can’t tell anymore man, I’m gonna get it regardless. The ign description of the sequence with the robot sounded kinda lame but whatever. I can see how awesome the graphics are in cinematic but struggle to really see the crazy difference in 3rd person when they’re playing maybe just need to get it on TV since I’m watching on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom