• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Considering how good the graphics look... and knowing that this is the most Important factor for reviewers I'm exspecting low 90's so 91-93.

Unless the game turns out to be incredibly short or no fun at all.... Will need to see.

Mr Hyde

Gonna go with an even 90. Game looks ace. Too bad FF 7 is fighting for my attention this week. Ratchet will have to wait no matter how awesome it is.

LMJ

That's the problem. Ratched is bad platformer and bad shooter...
jeff bridges opinion GIF

Thank goodness MILLIONS of people disagree, or we might not have gotten a new game huh ;)

LMJ

It is enough of a platformer to be a bad one. you jump on platforms enough.
LMJ LMJ Millions of people can eat shit. I've only played 2016 ratchet and it was a terrible shooter

No, it wasn't...you is wrong! Look I'm not a huge fan of the 2016 game (terrible movie tie in thus losing all edge), but it's not a terrible shooter in any way shape or form. it refined on the classic 3ps from the last 5 games...Sound's like it just wasn't your kind of game bud

Play the OG Ratchet and Clank (as it has a much better story for one) Where you couldn't strafe, flip, dodge, or hot button weapons and more...that sucked lol

cHaOs667

I'll say it will receive a great 85 by the end of this week.

Great graphics with good controls and the already known gameplay.

DonJorginho

Banned
I have no way of playing other ratched games. I played the most recent, highly acclaimed one.
and it was not good
It's average at best, still a fun enough time but shoddy in comparison to the proper OG Ratchet games.

Wait for reviews, and more importantly user impressions, then decide, you might end up pleasantly surprised.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think it will do well. It's got the benefit of the Next Gen hype on top of a solid game I always enjoy plus it's quiet for games at the minute so I think it will hit 88-89.

Can't wait to play it.

Birdo

Banned
A quick reminder not to forget the "Exclusive Bonus". Remove five points from the metascore to see what the actual score would be if the game wasn't exclusive to one console.

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm just messing with you irmão, nothing wrong with your preferences and it's your OP (great job by the way and thanks)!
Forgive me bud, not had my morning coffee yet aha! Thank you man, if it's a serious issue to your eyes though do let me know and I'll try a more neutral shade!

GymWolf

That's the problem. Ratched is bad platformer and bad shooter...
That's arguable, imo they are just very simple and easy, the game is probably not tailored for people who eat super meat boy and doom for breakfast, it is a cartony childish game (not that this is an excuse, just a fact).

Botw and odissey are piss easy cakewalks and look at their MC...

Unfortunately, the supposedly hardcore videogame journalists don't give a fuck if you can finish any game with your hands behind your back except when they reunite to bash an indie title like biomutant for being too easy or unbalanced :ROFLMAO:

GymWolf

It is enough of a platformer to be a bad one. you jump on platforms enough.
LMJ LMJ Millions of people can eat shit. I've only played 2016 ratchet and it was a terrible shooter
It is not a platformer exactly like knack is not a platformer but more of a brawler with some platforming.

I also jump platforms in dishonored sometimes, never knew that i was playing an immersive platform sims with that one.

The remake was probably the worse game in the series except for the graphic, not saying that the others are 400% better, but still...

Last edited:

vkbest

Wasn't it only little more playable than Cyberpunk on launch?
The game was buggy but not worse than any Assassins experience, and much better than Cyberpunk (Im talking about bugs, not the quality of the game)

The PC version its 76 in Metacritic and the most bugs were fixed.

So I can't accept that theory that Sony AAA games even being bad have good review scores.

Last edited:

Ogbert

I like Ratchet and Clank but, all said and done, it is a kids game, and it won't do anything new.

Looking forward to the Dualsense controls though.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Feeling like a low 80s at best. Ratchet never was that good and I'm not seeing anything that makes me feel like Insomniac has hit it out of the part.

Top Bottom