• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

Avian_Grubber

Neo Member
This will be the first game I pickup once Sony redesign the PS5 to make it less ugly. Sunset Overdrive was one of my favourite games last gen, and it looks from the review scores that critics think its quite a bit better than that.

Our uncle Phil joined the hype train

Here's to hoping there's something on this level of visual fidelity at the Xbox/Bethesda E3 conference on Sunday; right now Rift Apart is arguably the best-looking game on the market.

You can debate it's between Rift Apart, Demon's Souls Remake and Flight Simulator 2020, and the fact all three have very different visual styles makes it a pretty subjective choice. But there's something special to be said about looking like a Pixar film in video game form ;)

fz.se Swedish gaming site
4/5 (very good)
eSGXZEw.png
"Mycket bra" 👌🏻

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Sessler giving this a 5/5 brought me back as him giving going commando a 5/5 is what first got me to ask for that game for Christmas in 03. Been my favorite series ever since and in so glad most critics are loving it so far. Plus the window it's in with being truly exclusive is really getting it a lot of attention compared to other entries

Dafegamer

Imagine if he played a Mario game… what he will say lol
“Ripped from NES era” 😂😂😂
Mario 64 has literally laid the groundwork for future 3D Mario titles, yet it's still one of the top games of 3D Mario. He acts like saying "PS2 game" is a negative. That's like Mario 64 is a bad game 🙄

sncvsrtoip

Posted By Represent earlier in the thread.

Huge downgrade in reflection quality and skybox detail.

Fidelity

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214425-1024x576.jpg

Performance RT
Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214459-1024x576.jpg

Fidelity
Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165402.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165419.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173257.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173328.jpg
Ok watched first comparison fidelity vs 60rt and this is probably fake (its from perf mode without rt), I think only diff fidelity vs prtf rt is resolution

Kilau

Gold Member
He's back, OK, but he had some random salty comments against "people who don't want to play as a girl" in his ratchet and clank review, I thought that was out of place.
Ah, well it’s good to see he didn’t miss a beat coming back to game journalism 😂

Entroyp

Another review. Why can’t people get the PS2 “Pixar” thing right?

9/10

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’m not pre-ordering from Best Buy anymore. I usually do because I get points, but they stopped doing release day delivery for me. My copy ships tomorrow, which means I won’t get it until Monday. Really eager to play it too, oh well.

My copy turned up earlier today (just in time for my lunch break).

It's visually stunning and just non stop. The lack of loading and the ability to throw a ton of variety at the screen certainly make it feel different to anything on previous gen, even if the core controls and gameplay are what we come to expect.

Last edited:
I’m not pre-ordering from Best Buy anymore. I usually do because I get points, but they stopped doing release day delivery for me. My copy ships tomorrow, which means I won’t get it until Monday. Really eager to play it too, oh well.

My preorder from them arrives today.

AGRacing

Gold Member
Posted By Represent earlier in the thread.

Huge downgrade in reflection quality and skybox detail.

Fidelity

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214425-1024x576.jpg

Performance RT
Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214459-1024x576.jpg

Fidelity
Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165402.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165419.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173257.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173328.jpg
This is what I was looking for... I appreciate you showing that. I think I'll go for fidelity mode. It looks like the draw distance of the RT reflected world is cut way back... and some parts of it may not even be drawn at all.

DonJorginho

Banned
This is what I was looking for... I appreciate you showing that. I think I'll go for fidelity mode. It looks like the draw distance of the RT reflected world is cut way back... and some parts of it may not even be drawn at all.
That isn't Performance RT mode, this is Performance mode.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is apparently incorrect. I say Wait for the nx gamer video on this.

JeloSWE

That post only showed Performance mode not Performance RT. Here is the same location in 60fps RT mode showing the reflections in the floor.
iqWzsrQ.jpg
VbMf6z4.jpg
hsUQAKP.jpg

F2QwSCJ.jpg

Last edited:

AGRacing

Gold Member
That post only showed Performance mode not Performance RT. Here is the same location in 60fps RT mode showing the reflections in the floor.
iqWzsrQ.jpg
VbMf6z4.jpg
hsUQAKP.jpg

F2QwSCJ.jpg
Thanks. I've been running it in fidelity and in Performance RT. I have a 65" inch C9... I'm maybe 12 ft from it. I prefer fidelity. I may play through again in performance RT.

Top Bottom