• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ravenlok - Official Reveal Trailer • 2023 • [Xbox, PC, Epic Game Store]

mortal

Gold Member

Ravenlok, an action-packed fable from Cococucumber, is a fairytale reimagining of a kingdom troubled by an evil queen and a young girl’s destiny to fulfill a dangerous prophecy.

A Fairytale Action RPG​

After stumbling upon a magical mirror, Ravenlok finds herself pulled away from reality and into a land shrouded in darkness, cursed by the corruption of the Caterpillar Queen.
Rising to the occasion, she challenges fearsome foes to save the fallen kingdom in an unforgettable, action-packed adventure.

Key Features​

• Reimagined Fairy Tale - Story about a young female protagonist on a heartfelt journey
  • Explore - Discover immersive fantasy realms set in a fallen kingdom
  • Real-time Combat - Vanquish bewitching beasts and bosses in exciting arena-based fights
  • Level Up - Hunt for new weapons and unexpected items to level up skills
  • Quests - Complete quests for curious creatures to uncover their secret stories
  • By the creators of critically acclaimed adventure, Echo Generation
  • Final game in Cococucumber's Voxel Trilogy with signature 3D pixel art

iBOadMi.jpg
fbxHFFh.jpg
imGGTn8.jpg
7ne4yxz.jpg
mXuZhIn.jpg
K5SQCZ0.jpg
Q60P0hN.jpg
Mjkto10.jpg
YftS2bW.jpg
AtkEaJG.jpg

Looks good and I normally hate anything Pixel art, but this is 3d pixel art. So that makes it 1D better.
Me and the kids really worked on Echo Generation. That game had some serious gameplay balance issues. If you messed up, you pretty much had to start a new game.
We (the kids) ultimately beat it though. Was fun seeing the kids figure out a game that I had given up on.

LRKD

I really like the character and some of the monster designs, the overall art style seems a little weird, and I'm not too sure about the gameplay. But I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game. Was the only indie game that caught my eye during the stream, hell it looked more interesting than most of the big games in the show today too lol

This and The Last Case of Benedict Fox and Starfield were the only worthwhile things in that 90 minute snoozefest called a conference. Still bitter and salty about no TEW3.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
That moment when an indie studio does HD 2d better than square does it somehow
octopath traveler still looks beautiful though

reksveks

Looks good and I normally hate anything Pixel art, but this is 3d pixel art. So that makes it 1D better.
Me and the kids really worked on Echo Generation. That game had some serious gameplay balance issues. If you messed up, you pretty much had to start a new game.
We (the kids) ultimately beat it though. Was fun seeing the kids figure out a game that I had given up on.
The patch that got the mobs to respawn was a blessing

nivix

Neo Member
I really enjoyed Echo Generation so I'm looking forward to this. This studio has a lot of promise and I hope they continue to improve.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ravenlok is an action-adventure RPG where players embark on an action-packed fairytale adventure about a young heroine destined to fulfill a perilous prophecy. Battle monsters and bosses with real-time combat in a 3D pixel art aesthetic world plagued by the sinister darkness of a tyrannical queen. Ravenlok is launching on May 4 for Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, Xbox Game Pass, and PC.

GymWolf

I wanna see more combat before giving it a chance.

The protagonist design looks uninteresting AF but the bosses looks nice.

Isa

Gold Member
If you like the art style, give Echo Generation a shot from the same developers, I loved it back in 2021.
Nice I didn't know they did that as well. Pretty efficient dev all things considered. Looking forward to trying this, right around the corner too.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ravenlok is available now on Xbox, PC, and Epic Games Store

Embark on an enchanting journey in Ravenlok, an action-packed fairytale adventure about a young heroine destined to fulfill a perilous prophecy. Upon encountering a mystical mirror, Ravenlok is whisked away to a whimsical world plagued by the sinister darkness of a tyrannical queen. Destiny awaits all in an unforgettable and heartfelt adventure.

I'm probably 70% complete. I'd just say temper your expectations a lot and you may enjoy it. Visuals and art style and OST are great. Quest design is extremely basic and combat is veryyyyyyy simple and spammy but gets the job done, barely. A super charming, short game worth playing for cheap or on a sub.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm probably 70% complete. I'd just say temper your expectations a lot and you may enjoy it. Visuals and art style and OST are great. Quest design is extremely basic and combat is veryyyyyyy simple and spammy but gets the job done, barely. A super charming, short game worth playing for cheap or on a sub.

Yea, just completed it with all achievements in about 4-ish hours. Fun and cute little adventure game. Reminded me a bit of a less refined Death's Door (and far, far easier). Was hoipng that this would have been more like a Mortal Shell. A difficult, but well done Souls-like. Sadly nothing like that.

Either way, I did really enjoy my time and I do hope this somehow gets a physical. I enjoyed it more than a few of the more recent AAA releases.

ShinFuYux

A game that lacks voice acting is a major turn off for me.

Brings me back to the PS1 days where i would play final fantasy and I'd go through pages and pages of text. It's the reason why i dropped ff7 and ff8, didn't even bother with ff9. Loved FFX because it had voice acting.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
A game that lacks voice acting is a major turn off for me.

Brings me back to the PS1 days where i would play final fantasy and I'd go through pages and pages of text. It's the reason why i dropped ff7 and ff8, didn't even bother with ff9. Loved FFX because it had voice acting.

That is incredibly sad and really stupid. You are missing out on some of the greatest games of all time if you refuse/reject games that don't have voice acting.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Whatever happened to Lost in Random?
Looked cool.
Did it become a Stadia exclusive?

Also this game checks more boxes than Redfall. Probably should have led with this.

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
This game is beautiful!! It's a lot of fun but on the easier side. It's probably intended for a younger audience but it was fun

Top Bottom