• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ravenlok - Official Reveal Trailer • 2023 • [Xbox, PC, Epic Game Store]

Calverz

No ps5 and epic only on pc. The game might as well not exist lol
Its on gamepass. Thats all you need to know.
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Honestly, I'm starting to prefer games without voice acting, which is too often cringey and a waste of time.
But I'm an old school gamer.

Depends on the game for me. RPGs, I tend to prefer no voice acting as it limits the extent of the writing. Fallout 2 vs Fallout 3/4 for example.

aries_71

I'm asking you for your opinion, not calling you out.

This place makes everyone crazy with it's relentless arguing.
My apologies then, forums in general are becoming so toxic in the last few years that normal discussion is difficult. I misunderstood your comment as some kind of snarky remark.

The game is very colorful with nicely animated graphics. Combat is simple, easy, but kind of relaxing together with very good soundtrack. It’s short though. I highly recommend it if you want to decompress after finishing a heavier title.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm probably 70% complete. I'd just say temper your expectations a lot and you may enjoy it. Visuals and art style and OST are great. Quest design is extremely basic and combat is veryyyyyyy simple and spammy but gets the job done, barely. A super charming, short game worth playing for cheap or on a sub.
Looked right up my street when it was revealed, disappointing reading that.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
My apologies then, forums in general are becoming so toxic in the last few years that normal discussion is difficult. I misunderstood your comment as some kind of snarky remark.

The game is very colorful with nicely animated graphics. Combat is simple, easy, but kind of relaxing together with very good soundtrack. It’s short though. I highly recommend it if you want to decompress after finishing a heavier title.

Sorry for not phrasing it better, I genuinely was just asking if you had an idea of why it might not have reviewed so well.

You're right that forums are often full of petty arguments, needless aggression and nitpicking from people who spend most of their time saying what they don't like, rather than celebrating what they do like.

I hope we find somewhere with nicer people sometime!

I've installed the game, will try and take a look before TOTK arrives. :messenger_grinning:

wizaga

Neo Member
On the xbox store page for the game it said HDR10, but their is no HDR in the game at all and no way to turn hdr on.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Started playing this, it looks like Minecraft cross Trials of Mana. So far, easy and simple.

ravenlok-2023_05_11-1kodl4.png

ravenlok-2023_05_11-1hdfkh.png

ravenlok-2023_05_11-151cde.png

ravenlok-2023_05_11-142etx.png

LRKD

100% completed it today on a game pass trial. Really fun, combat is simple, played it on hard and it was still a really easy quick game. So id def want a bit more complex combat in a sequel but it’s still really fun! Loved the world and artstyle. If it ever gets a physical release I will for sure pick it up. And again if/when it comes to steam

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm probably 70% complete. I'd just say temper your expectations a lot and you may enjoy it. Visuals and art style and OST are great. Quest design is extremely basic and combat is veryyyyyyy simple and spammy but gets the job done, barely. A super charming, short game worth playing for cheap or on a sub.
Praising with faint damning. Didn't realize that was a thing till now. Short, easy, simple, basic- check, check, check and check - I'm in.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Roberts

So, I just 1000/1000 it in what felt like three longer sessions. I think I liked Echo Generation a bit better mostly because it goes into some really weirdly funny and dark places that Ravenlok avoids for the most part. It was also (as a turn based RPG-lite/adventure) a bit more challenging and also a bit longer, but I absolutely enjoyed Ravenlok. Don't expect any deep gameplay mechanics or puzzles - it feels like Cococucumber is just a bunch of relaxed dudes and dudettes taking their favourite games as inspiration and making easy, chill games around it with their very unique graphical aesthetic and offbeat sense of humour. They clearly don't expect to win any awards for this but are definitely not lazy.

ShinFuYux

That is incredibly sad and really stupid. You are missing out on some of the greatest games of all time if you refuse/reject games that don't have voice acting.
Oh please. You're judging me for the fact i have a specific preference in how i like to play my games. It's like judging someone who refuses to play FPS type games. Are you also going to tell them that's really sad and stupid because they're missing out on some of the "greatest games"?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Oh please. You're judging me for the fact i have a specific preference in how i like to play my games. It's like judging someone who refuses to play FPS type games. Are you also going to tell them that's really sad and stupid because they're missing out on some of the "greatest games"?

Yes. Because that is incredibly sad, stupid, and possibly even retarded.

You are on a gaming enthusiast website. Of course people are going to suggest playing multiple genres because there are amazing, 10/10 games in all genres. That would be like going to a Sushi resturaunt and only ever eating the Tamago set because you refuse to try fish.

Last edited:

adamsapple

So, I just 1000/1000 it in what felt like three longer sessions. I think I liked Echo Generation a bit better mostly because it goes into some really weirdly funny and dark places that Ravenlok avoids for the most part. It was also (as a turn based RPG-lite/adventure) a bit more challenging and also a bit longer, but I absolutely enjoyed Ravenlok. Don't expect any deep gameplay mechanics or puzzles - it feels like Cococucumber is just a bunch of relaxed dudes and dudettes taking their favourite games as inspiration and making easy, chill games around it with their very unique graphical aesthetic and offbeat sense of humour. They clearly don't expect to win any awards for this but are definitely not lazy.

Does this let you keep playing after ending the story or is it a hard game-over ?

Wondering if I should be achievement hunting before the end, I think I'm pretty close to it .

Roberts

Does this let you keep playing after ending the story or is it a hard game-over ?

Wondering if I should be achievement hunting before the end, I think I'm pretty close to it .
It lets you play after the credits to collect all the achievements. Most are kind of hard to miss, just make sure to dance in front of the figurines. One or two were well hidden and took a while to find.

adamsapple

It lets you play after the credits to collect all the achievements. Most are kind of hard to miss, just make sure to dance in front of the figurines. One or two were well hidden and took a while to find.

Excellent, thanks!

My main one that I don't think I can reach before the ending is level 20, probably gonna need some grinding.

LRKD

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but in the initial reveal trailer they showed a skills tab, with 6 skills in total, and the player only being able to equip 2. An interesting change from the final game.

SzT5klg.png

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but in the initial reveal trailer they showed a skills tab, with 6 skills in total, and the player only being able to equip 2. An interesting change from the final game.

SzT5klg.png

Yea, it feels like the game was going to be a lot larger than what they ended up making.

bender

What time is it?
The main character design really bothers me in this game. It looks so cheap and amateurish, especially compared to the rest of the game. Mostly using this for achievements for the daily Game Pass quests so it's been hard to get in since get them every couple of minutes. The melee combat seems braindead.

adamsapple

Finally got around 1000G'ing the game.

Short, fun experience.

Would highly recommend if someone has a couple of hours to kill. The game is very easy to pick-up-and-play, good art, well performing etc.

m7aFU2w.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom