• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ray Fisher (Again) Goes After WB, Judge HE REQUESTED to Investigate WB Smacks Him Down

ManaByte

Gold Member
After it was revealed that JJ Abrams was rebooting Superman, Ray Fisher saw an opening to torpedo his career even more:

But wait, WarnerMedia isn't taking his shit anymore. After he started his Twitter soapboxing, the judge RAY HIMSELF REQUESTED as the investigator smacked him down:

“I am disappointed by continued public statements made suggesting that Walter Hamada in any way interfered with the ‘Justice League’ investigation. He did not,” Judge Forrest said. “I interviewed him extensively on more than one occasion and specifically interviewed him concerning his very limited interaction with Mr. Fisher. I found Mr. Hamada credible and forthcoming. I concluded that he did nothing that impeded or interfered with the investigation. To the contrary, the information that he provided was useful and advanced the investigation.”

Not enough to let the Judge herself debunk him, WarnerMedia (who investigated WB on Ray's request) also came out:
“Once again there are false statements being made about our executives and our company surrounding the recent Justice League investigation,” the company said. “As we have stated before, an extensive and thorough third-party investigation was conducted. Our executives, including Walter Hamada, fully cooperated, no evidence was found of any interference whatsoever, and Warner Bros. did not lie in the press. It’s time to stop saying otherwise and move forward productively.”

Cravis

Damn Ray.....

let it go GIF

jakinov

So these are the events I got so far
  1. He makes his first accusation that Whedon was abusive and the people above him didn't do anything about it.
  2. WB tries to do an investigation but says Fisher won't co-operate.
  3. Fisher denies it but really admitted he didn't co-operate but just for a specific reason.
  4. WarnerMedia (parent company) does an investigation to accommodate Fisher.
  5. They finish and announce remedial action was taken. And Fisher says that he's happy with the results.
  6. A week later Whedon is seemingly fired from his project with one of the subsidies of WarnerMedia (HBO).
  7. Fisher says he won't work on another DC movie if Hamada is involved, which he implicitly always will be.
  8. They remove him from The Flash
  9. He starts claiming racism and whining about being removed.
  10. They announce a black guy is writing a superman reboot and then he starts using the race card and starts stirring shit up even more.

Soodanim

Gold Member
  1. He makes his first accusation that Whedon was abusive and the people above him didn't do anything about it.
  3. Fisher denies it but really admitted he didn't co-operate but just for a specific reason.
  5. They finish and announce remedial action was taken. And Fisher says that he's happy with the results.
  6. A week later Whedon is seemingly fired from his project with one of the subsidies of WarnerMedia (HBO).
  7. Fisher says he won't work on another DC movie if Hamada is involved, which he implicitly always will be.
  10. They announce a black guy is writing a superman reboot and then he starts using the race card and starts stirring shit up even more.
Thanks for that. I don’t even know who this guy is and I don’t care enough to look him up, but right now this guy sounds like a bit of a drama queen.

Ionian

Cheers for the breakdown, have been very loosely following this (as in when news comes up). And it seemed that way to me.

He honestly just seems like a prick, I cannot understand his logic about this at all.

Surely with his juvenile approach he will end up with less work? He can't scream racism at everybody.

It just seems like he wants a scorched earth only all he is doing is a tiny wet fart.

Last edited:

jakinov

Cheers for the breakdown, have been very loosely following this (as in when news comes up). And it seemed that way to me.

He honestly just seems like a prick, I cannot understand his logic about this at all.

Surely with his juvenile approach he will end up with less work? He can't scream racism at everybody.

It just seems like he wants a scorched earth only all he is doing is a tiny wet fart.
He also started his accusation during a time with racial tensions when there was the whole "support black ___" movements and anti racism movements. But he made 0 mention of racism. The timing was suspicious and it was odd there wasn't mentions of racism until he lost his job from refusing to work He did say recently though he had an argument with Geoff Johns (effectively Whedon's boss that he also wanted to get fired for enabling the abuse but didn't fired) about Cyborg's penis. We don't now what stance each person took But Fisher claims that Johns was acting like he was the authority of how black people will perceive Cyborg's lack of or inclusion of genitals. Which I think people would at most call a "microaggression" if the situation was as bad as Fisher implies it was.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Basically. The problem is no matter what WB says, whenever Ray Tweets one of his accusations without evidence a huge mob of Snyder fans respond to him that they believe and support him. They then swarm and harass anyone who dares speak out against Ray nuking his career. So that gives him reinforcement and justification for this, which means it'll just continue forever or until WB takes serious measures to stop it.

Dacon

Banned
Poor bastard thinks hes THE STAR when hes the one lucky unknown guy that got casted in the Justice League film.

They should never had Cyborg debut in a fucking Justice League in the first place. His inclusion in the team was forced in the New 52 and never fit.

It should always have been Martian Manhunter, and since J'onn is a shapeshifting martian, you can cast any ethnicity in the role and still have it be valid.

Hugare

This dude's carrer is done.

Who will hire this guys after all this drama?

Accusing someone on Twitter is already a red flag to me.

Call your lawyer and stop being a drama queen

Dacon

Banned
This dude's carrer is done.

Who will hire this guys after all this drama?

Accusing someone on Twitter is already a red flag to me.

Call your lawyer and stop being a drama queen

Nick Cannon said some truly heinous things on social media and still gets plenty of work, never say never.

Hugare

Nick Cannon said some truly heinous things on social media and still gets plenty of work, never say never.
Yeah, but dude didnt start a legal battle against his own employer

And Nick Cannon have been on the industry for decades

In comparison, JL was Fisher's first big job. And he already fucked it up.

Dacon

Banned
Yeah, but dude didnt start a legal battle against his own employer

And Nick Cannon have been on the industry for decades

In comparison, JL was Fisher's first big job. And he already fucked it up.

There's precedence for actors suing their employers and still getting work.

You're right though, this guy has neither the clout or weight for this.

People didn't even like him in this one movie.

oagboghi2

Basically. The problem is no matter what WB says, whenever Ray Tweets one of his accusations without evidence a huge mob of Snyder fans respond to him that they believe and support him. They then swarm and harass anyone who dares speak out against Ray nuking his career. So that gives him reinforcement and justification for this, which means it'll just continue forever or until WB takes serious measures to stop it.
And now I know why this thread was created.
frozen let it go GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

Ray Fisher career is over. No one cares anymore, including Warner Bros.

AmuroChan

I originally did support him when it was about Whedon because there were at least some corroborating evidence from other people who worked on the set, but now he's just gone off the rails on his own. The moment he said evidence doesn't matter, that's when he became Jussie Smollett 2.0.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
He knows his career is basically over so he is trying to become a woke hero for any amount of fame he can get. Probably not even his idea at this point.

GymWolf

This guy is gonna have the same destiny of the toilette cleaner sweaty black guy in the new star wars movie, a couple of year and not even his mother is gonna remember him.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
This guy is gonna have the same destiny of the toilette cleaner sweaty black guy in the new star wars movie, a couple of year and not even his mother is gonna remember him.

Boyega just won a Golden Globe. His career is taking off.

2043ad8ddb80735506baff1dca966b58

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
What is racist about Quasimodo? This is the second time he's brought up the penis thing but what dies thst have to do with being black? Whedon also tried to get a cyborg penis for Vision in Avengers who is white.

sol_bad

Now he is chasing after Geoff Johns?
And that quote "we can't have an angry black man", to me that sounds like some weird SJW crap if you ask me. "We can't have a black person that comes across as negative".
I don't understand how that can be considered rascist.

And also, this is like one of those stories that he heard from his friends, brothers, girlfriends sister. Third party information.
bleh

Xenon

If he couldn't sell this shit after George Floyd he must have been coming in with absolutely nothing.

Top Bottom