• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 HD Project mod creator Albert landed a job in Nightdive studios

MrA

Banned
Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Braag

Very happy for him. I followed his work on the RE4 HD project for years and I still can't believe that mad lad roamed spain trying find the actual art that Capcom used to photograph it and bring it into the game at a higher quality. The mod is so remarkable cause it's mostly all the same original art at higher fidelity.

fatmarco

Very happy for him. I followed his work on the RE4 HD project for years and I still can't believe that mad lad roamed spain trying find the actual art that Capcom used to photograph it and bring it into the game at a higher quality. The mod is so remarkable cause it's mostly all the same original art at higher fidelity.
I still can't believe Capcom didn't just pay him for his work and his assets to use them in their "remaster" of 4. Instead they just used an ugly early generation upscaler.

RaduN

I still can't believe Capcom didn't just pay him for his work and his assets to use them in their "remaster" of 4. Instead they just used an ugly early generation upscaler.
That's the least of all official HD remaster's problems.
All fucking post processing effects are missing, particles and shader effects are either missing or way worse, colours are wrong, basically everything surrounding the HD re-releases is hot garbage.
HD-Project is a God send, not only for the amazing textures work, but for the restoration of all the original effects.

GenericUser

I never played the HD port, but only heard good things about it. The guy seems to have talent and passion, so I'm happy for him he got that job.

Before RE4 HD Project released, the last time I played RE4 was on PS2 back in like 2009. After briefly watching a playthrough video of HD Project, I knew I had to get the PC/Steam version. Fell in love with the game all over again and easily obtained 100% achievements on it.
Installed RE4 + HD Project on my Steam Deck as well, plays fucking fantasticly.

Salute to you, Albert! Nightdive is one of my favorite studios of the past few years, and I can't think of a more fitting place who would appreciate your many talents.

Killer8

Big ups to Albert and i'm a little jealous he's gotten to make a career out of something he's passionate about.

Top Bottom