• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me some intellectually stimulating videos.

D

Deleted member 820760

Unconfirmed Member

The increase in your intellect will make your head hurt after watching this video. BUT you have to finish the whole 10 hours, it won’t work otherwise.

Seriously, check out stuff by Brian Cox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaceman292

Banned
What are some interesting and intellectual videos on the internet that changed your perspective, provided you insight, and entertained you? (Serious topic, in before joke videos)

Here is one of my recommendations.

Mike Hill, not sure if you heard of this guy, but his lectures are pretty profound.

Here's another video I came across by William Lidwell,

Any smart, profound videos, lectures even you came across or recommend?

If you think these are profound or stimulating then you must be a dumdum

Ashes

Banned
Rationality and religion:

It is OK if you disbelieve, you may yet learn something about philosophy, as these four are academia based, and have a solid foundation.

Last edited:

badblue

What is the Meaning Crisis?​

We are in the midst of a mental health crisis. There are increases in anxiety disorders, depression, despair, suicide rates are going up in North America, parts of Europe, other parts of the world. And that mental health crisis is itself due to and engaged with crises in the environment and the political system. And those in turn are immeshed within a deeper cultural historical crisis. I called the meeting crisis. So the meaning crisis expresses itself and many people are giving voice to this in many different ways, is this increasing sense of bullshit. Bullshit is on the increase. It's more and more pervasive throughout our lives and there's this sense of drowning in this old ocean of bullshit. And we have to understand why is this the case and what can we do about it? So today there is an increase of people feeling very disconnected from themselves, from each other, from the world, from a viable and foreseeable future.

It's only a short 51 hour lecture series that is pretty interesting.

I always thought this was a great video. I'm not sure if I could give up Coffee for a whole month, but it's a very interesting video with good production value and commentary.

He did a great podcast recently:

I'll definitely give this a watch Maiden, cheers! This guy really makes you feel guilty for not getting enough sleep, but he offers some really great advice. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: Ever since listening to some of his talks I've been trying to fix my sleep schedule. After being so used to late nights, it can be hard. Shutting off screens an hour before bed has helped a lot.

mortal

Gold Member

Brain-pic-for-CD.png
2f609962e23fdce7a008fb224d316256.gif

Last edited:
I always thought this was a great listen. Most of these TED Talks honestly are if you can't think of anything to do on YouTube and have some time to kill.

You can't go wrong with Vsauce honestly. I've bingewatched pretty much all of his content and it's definitely worth the watch. His personality makes it more enjoyable too.

If you've never watched him, then you're in for a treat.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
If you have a thing for antique firearms and stuff Forgotten Weapons is a fantastic channel. Ian does amazing work and is really informative.

Top Bottom