• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Instagram account posts for the first time in 5 years

Banjo64

cumsessed

As somebody mentioned over on r/GamingLeaksAndRumours it’s a knitting pattern, not a cryptic code. The second to last line even says to knit into the front and back.

What the pattern makes is the question.

Edit: My girlfriend might attempt the pattern if she has time. She said just looking at it that it’s a small, flat piece and the person is using their own abbreviations and terms. It’s 202 stitches just to start so she’s not sure if she’ll have time.

Edit 2: She’s working on it. “Looks to be some kind of lace” or “a teeny tiny cat scarf”. If it is lace then it could spell out a message but as some people have said that might be a “be sure to drink your Ovaltine” scenario.

Edit 3: Now she’s saying it’s a 9-row repeat for some kind of something. “Maybe a blanket shawl”. I’m leaning towards a scarf modeled after what the character wears on the box art (neither of us have played the game so we are guessing). If it is a lace-like pattern that would create the tears and holes in it on the cover art.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It wasn't that bad from what I played though the shooting got a little repetitive. Getting the orbs from enemies was cool

mdkirby

Till this day I wish more people had bought Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive, Ryse too
I dunno, I played quantum break for the first time about a year ago, and given I love the genre, love sci fi, and love remedy games, I found it kinda meh. Not a bad game by a long shot, but I just kinda fell out of it half way through and never finished it; which is very rare for me.

Tried this game via Gamepass with my daughter, we played it for about 30mins and turned it off. It was hand holding linear gameplay and a pretty repetitive early on from memory. The concept and art was pretty cool but the gameplay was dull.

TLZ

Banned
clown grave GIF

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I dunno, I played quantum break for the first time about a year ago, and given I love the genre, love sci fi, and love remedy games, I found it kinda meh. Not a bad game by a long shot, but I just kinda fell out of it half way through and never finished it; which is very rare for me.
I had a lot of fun mixing the different powers and I really enjoyed the story that made the game good for me. I love Remedy Games too

I heard the recore remaster was actually really good because it removed the long loading screens and repetitive missions.

Never played it before but it sounds like it was the game is should have been in the first place.

mdkirby

I had a lot of fun mixing the different powers and I really enjoyed the story that made the game good for me. I love Remedy Games too
Yah like I say it wasn’t a bad game by any stretch. It just didn’t click for me. I played Alan wake remastered no long after which even tho much older was far superior. Control tho is still my fav, and will be interesting to see how they more closely knit the universe they are building together with Alan wake 2 and control 2.

First game was ok, I felt it had more potential to achieve much more tho. It looked rough at times too.

If they could keep the charm of the first game, impress with the visuals and improve on the combat , a sequel could be great.

As much as I love Sunset Overdrive I thought this was a game Insomniac would of done great work with.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Was a good game but the ending.... please... I basically rage quit when the game told me to go back and grind a few levels before I can attempt the final section. No thanks.

Vyse

Gold Member
Enjoyed what I played, but seem to recall the game released with areas that were unfinished. Think they patched in later.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Recore with FPS boost is a very enjoyable game.

I would not mind a sequel with a bigger budget.

Enjoyed what I played, but seem to recall the game released with areas that were unfinished. Think they patched in later.

Yep, they released an expanded "definitive" edition a couple of years later with more story and game content.

Last edited:

Banned
the game released woefully unfinished sadly.

it had all the core elements to be an amazing game, it just needed a bit more time in the oven.

a sequel would be great

Recore was amazing like a very clever 3D Metroid with an amazing music score. Its main issues was the XBox One wasn't great with the Unity engine.
I so hope we get a sequel that can fix some of the 1st games issues.

Top Bottom