• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Online players are holding a funeral to mourn the game’s ‘death’

Draugoth

Gold Member

Players are logging in to Red Dead Online en masse today to mourn the “death” of the online western.

#RedDeadFuneral trended briefly over the weekend as players prepared to log in today, July 13 and celebrate the game and protest its winding down. This is in response to Rockstar stating that it plans to phase out major content updates for the game.

“Today is the day the community is paying its respects to a game that many of us love, and wish had gotten more love from Rockstar,” read one of the hundreds of tweets from community members. “So login in today, and have a few beers at either Valentine or Blackwater Graveyard. #RedDeadFuneral #RedDeadOnline”.

Last edited:
I had a funeral for the game after beating the story.

Honestly, to expect a GTA Online level of support for RD Online was always futile.

It's GTA - and now especially GTA Online - that pays the bills over there at Rockstar.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Sad. I put in over a hundred hours on PC. There wasn’t much there, but it was fun at times and could be cathartic just treasure hunting or running weekly tasks.

It plays so much better than GTA Online it’s not even funny, too.

Ah well. Rockstar just ain’t the same as they were back before they launched GTA Online.

CitizenZ

Banned
I have 100 hrs in the online and zero so far in the main campaign(waiting for my next build). Its an absolute joke and has been from the start. Especially if you play games, you would know they have no survival systems in place, build mechanics, a deeper role playing system, etc. Simply this should be at the least on par and exceeding Medieval Dynasty, as an example. Luckily, they are doing Cowboy Dynasty and doing everything rockshit who I guess doesnt have the ability to complete. I guess maybe like all the rest of AAA, if they just had enough money. Fuck.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
tumblr_pi1nxxRmtL1wpgo1l_540.gif

Droxcy

I hardly played MP on PC since I didn't convert my console charcter over in time so the replayability wasn't there in the first place for me to start fresh again. Sad it went out this way but something to always come back to I guess.

I had a funeral for the game after beating the story.

Honestly, to expect a GTA Online level of support for RD Online was always futile.

It's GTA - and now especially GTA Online - that pays the bills over there at Rockstar.
The sad part is that the first Red Dead gave Rockstart the blueprint they've used to create GTA Online. It wasnt until Red Dead where Rockstar finally created a great open world live multiplayer service, but obviously the time period limited what they could do.

Nothing in GTA online comes close to the fun many people had with the Undead Nightmare DLC.

Top Bottom