• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 fan with nearly 6,000 hours on Stadia begs Rockstar for character transfer

wvnative

The fuck is going on with the hypocrisy in this thread? Are you all just being sarcastic?

Mock him for buying and playing on stadia. Dunk on him for begging for features that don't exist.

But why the hell are people insulting him for his playtime and choice of game? On a GAMING DISCUSSION FORUM no less. And I'm not even a fan of RDR2.

Have we finally reached the new age of gaming edginess?

"Yeah man, I game regularly, but not like those nerds who have made it their hobby. I'm an outstanding, upright, and respectable gamer™ who doesn't let any game's playtime reach 10 hours. Don't want anyone to think i enjoy them or something."

Personally I'm not dunking on his choice of game or time spent, just wondering how he got 6,000 hours out of Red dead online, it only has MAYBE 150 hours worth of content.

VAVA Mk2

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Arsic

Gold Member
Sorry homie. How did you think this would end ? That Stadia would be around until red dead 3 online ?

If you were gonna dump this much into a game get the most likely to last forever version thanks to private servers etc with PC.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm not sure how bad I feel, I don't think I've had that many hours to game in the past 2 years, let alone on one game......maybe I'm just jealous!

Spaceman292

Banned
This js just a bizarre person. 6000 hours is weird in any game. I don't see how you could get that in RDR2. And I also don't get how a save file would be that precious. It's not an MMO. Once you get a fast horse and all the guns there's not much else left to do.

This js just a bizarre person. 6000 hours is weird in any game. I don't see how you could get that in RDR2. And I also don't get how a save file would be that precious. It's not an MMO. Once you get a fast horse and all the guns there's not much else left to do.
Would that mean they can slap together a save game file for him super easy? Seems like an cheap and easy way to get some good PR.

Skifi28

Probably spent most of it looking at horse testicles shrinking. I know I did.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Kid never knew the tragedy of a corrupted memory card.

Google already set a questionable precedent by giving refunds for Stadia, this poor sod better not have his wish granted. If he does, give it two weeks and people will start demanding that Nintendo refunds Virtual Boys and allows save transfers for Teleroboxer to Switch when they finally make VB games available (any day now!).

Even if they grinded out a bunch of gold online it’s a dead game, there’s going to be absolutely nothing new to spend it on and aside from that I don’t see the point of complaining, it’s not like they were just about to finish the game and got screwed over by it getting removed at 6000 freaking hours.

Last edited:
wait, rdr2 isn't even that long of a game, 120 hours for everything I am guessing.
The online wasn't that great either, the last time I tried it (although that was near launch). That being said, that is an insane amount of time to play in one game.

I say, he has gotten his money's worth. Shit Some games are only 6-10 hours. I can't imagine not moving on by now.
What is this dude doing to rake up so many hours? And is this one of those "I spend my life streaming for a career. .."?
There are so many good games to play, I don't see how playing this so long is even a thing.

Side note: Those twitch/youtubers who wish people happy birthyday or announce every
single person who subs or donates. They are annoying to watch. Just play the game and get on with it. Make comments about the game not the real world.

As per stadia. Yeah, this is why online only crap is bad. Why the online pass, gamepass, etc... is shit. You all think you are winning out... until you aren't, until servers are pulled, until x game is no longer viable or some license expires, servers get ganked, etc... Eventually the bean counters ruin all the fun and you are left with nothing. This is why physical media, or at least digital with out requiring always online is needed.
As more companies push for gaas and always online, we have to push back. Stadia is/was the console equivalent of gaas. Eventually bean counters win.

wait, rdr2 isn't even that long of a game, 120 hours for everything I am guessing.
The online wasn't that great either, the last time I tried it (although that was near launch). That being said, that is an insane amount of time to play in one game.

I say, he has gotten his money's worth. Shit Some games are only 6-10 hours. I can't imagine not moving on by now.
What is this dude doing to rake up so many hours? And is this one of those "I spend my life streaming for a career. .."?
There are so many good games to play, I don't see how playing this so long is even a thing.

Side note: Those twitch/youtubers who wish people happy birthyday or announce every
single person who subs or donates. They are annoying to watch. Just play the game and get on with it. Make comments about the game not the real world.

As per stadia. Yeah, this is why online only crap is bad. Why the online pass, gamepass, etc... is shit. You all think you are winning out... until you aren't, until servers are pulled, until x game is no longer viable or some license expires, servers get ganked, etc... Eventually the bean counters ruin all the fun and you are left with nothing. This is why physical media, or at least digital with out requiring always online is needed.
As more companies push for gaas and always online, we have to push back. Stadia is/was the console equivalent of gaas. Eventually bean counters win.

Streaming games is not an issue. People treating them as their bank when they should be treating them like blockbuster is.

I work away from home for months at a time. Thanks for the concern about my work output though ill let the boss know. Wait a minute i am the boss.

Your analogy about cinemas really doesn't make any sense. its a completely different form of media sold in a completely different way. We where talking about cross save and in turn cross buy, both of which already happen. Going to the movies relates to this how?

See you edited your statement and added quite a bit there.

You don't like the analogy because it exposes your argument as being weak.

You buy a product knowing full well what that product entitles you to and after that fact want to squawk about entitlements that were never promised to you?

clarky

Gold Member
See you edited your statement and added quite a bit there.

You don't like the analogy because it exposes your argument as being weak.

You buy a product knowing full well what that product entitles you to and after that fact want to squawk about entitlements that were never promised to you?
I don't like the analogy because its shit.

I simply said cross save and in turn play anywhere are great features and should be standard these days? im not "squawking" about anything as you put it. I couldn't give a shit if RDR2 has any of those features like i said I thought the game was shit. The guy with 6000 hours sure could use though.

As far as im aware i haven't moaned about any other titles so i im not sure what you talking about.

Are you arguing against cross save? Thats a first.

I don't like the analogy because its shit.

I simply said cross save and in turn play anywhere are great features and should be standard these days? im not "squawking" about anything as you put it. I couldn't give a shit if RDR2 has any of those features like i said I thought the game was shit. The guy with 6000 hours sure could use though.

As far as im aware i haven't moaned about any other titles so i im not sure what you talking about.

Are you arguing against cross save? Thats a first.

The guy with 6000 hours in RDR2 on Stadia of all things, could use quite a few things, particularly a life.

I'm not arguing against cross-save as I mentioned before it's certainly convenient. I'm arguing against begging a company after the fact to implement cross-save in a game that never supported it, especially when you decided to invest time in a cloud streaming platform that no one sensible thought was going to survive.

For reference here is a poll from neogaf well before the release of RDR2 on Stadia or the stadia launched.

clarky

Gold Member
The guy with 6000 hours in RDR2 on Stadia of all things, could use quite a few things, particularly a life.

I'm not arguing against cross-save as I mentioned before it's certainly convenient. I'm arguing against begging a company after the fact to implement cross-save in a game that never supported it, especially when you decided to invest time in a cloud streaming platform that no one sensible thought was going to survive.

For reference here is a poll from neogaf well before the release of RDR2 on Stadia or the stadia launched.

As i said im not begging for fuck all, never have so im not sure why you are trying to argue with me.

Comandr

As someone with just 200 hours in RDO, I feel for the guy in that respect. But dude come on. Stadia? You knew you were betting on a dead horse. Google is notorious for killing projects that don’t pan out. Killedbygoogle.com ? The idea is great on paper. Being able to turn any internet connected device into a “gaming machine.” Cool. Clearly the market isn’t ready for a shift like that yet though.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
As someone with just 200 hours in RDO, I feel for the guy in that respect. But dude come on. Stadia? You knew you were betting on a dead horse. Google is notorious for killing projects that don’t pan out. Killedbygoogle.com ? The idea is great on paper. Being able to turn any internet connected device into a “gaming machine.” Cool. Clearly the market isn’t ready for a shift like that yet though.
Pretty much. TBF this guy must be the only person in the world with this problem lol.

Majormaxxx

Staggering levels of mental illness... 6,000 hours... incredible. Google should be commended for this intervention. Destroying an entire service to rescue just one guy.
This dude played Red dead an average of 4.4 hours per day for the last 3 years. Maybe a break wasn't a terrible idea.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Maybe it's time to move on to a different game. Surely you must have been pretty close to done after 6K hours.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
with all 5,907 hours (approximately 246 days) going to waste
It seems that fellow Red Dead Redemption players felt sympathetic towards ItsColourTV, with many replying to the tweet with suggestions as to how to save this player's save. One suggested(opens in new tab) that ItsColourTV use Google Takeout - a data downloading service - to transfer their file to PC, to which they replied: "I don't play story mode."
All in 3 years of Stadia gaming.

I dont think I've played that much online gaming in total since I played online for the first time with Unreal on PC 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Man, I loved RDR2..and was really happy do be done with it after like 85 hours, I can't imagine playing it for an additional 5900 hours more.

A lot of shitty takes against a fellow gamer in this thread. Good on Ubisoft for letting him transfer. It's an easy win and good PR plus it helps someone out. Anyone commenting too bad or that's too many hours is weirdly gatekeeping this and distracting from the main take away which is google being anti consumer yet again.

Hugare

r2XjN6u.png

He is a content creator focused on RDR.

So that's why he has so many hours played.

"Millionaire"?

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
He could have easily spent half of that time he spent with the game working on something that would have allowed him to purchase a PC/console and the game outright.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Top Bottom