• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 port also cancelled

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
4k cbr in RDR2 couldn't be the best seen but it doesn't seem absolutely sharper at 1080p in a 4k big screen. Maybe in a 1080p tv. Furthermore any 4k tv have excellent sharpening filter and it help immensely in game like this.

This case is a massive outlier, the CB rendering is very poor quality and makes the IQ extremely blurry. Doesn't look any sharper than 1080p at all and has worse performance.

Downsample-vs-native-1080p_DF.png

ezgif-2-2e103cde3esvkg5.gif

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This case is a massive outlier, the CB rendering is very poor quality and makes the IQ extremely blurry. Doesn't look any sharper than 1080p at all and has worse performance.

They've since cleaned it up from that, and at least on the PS5, it looks much sharper than 1080p, especially the textures.

I played exclusively in 1080p, then after seeing the "Pro profile" on the PS5, I won't go back to it. It looks better than at launch.

Still, R* are straight clowning with not even a 60fps patch.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

But this picture not represent the 4k output. Of course bad 4k cbr it's even worse downsampled to a 1080p screen.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Rockstar has turned into a trash company, it’s so sad.

This is frustrating but its insane to consider them a "trash company" because they aren't putting resources into something that isn't giving the return on investment they expect. The game does not run poorly on current generation consoles. Could it take advantage of the raw power. . .sure, but it's not a terrible experience (like CP77 for example).

adamsapple

But this picture not represent the 4k output. Of course bad 4k cbr it's even worse downsampled to a 1080p screen.

Check the second image I added. The difference even in smaller window is notable, it'll become more if you blow it on bigger screens.

Man, gta online was the worst thing to happen to this company
More like both the best and worst thing to happen to R*.
It stagnated the GTA series for a decade... but also gave them a hell of cash to pour into passion projects.
I tell you, if not for GTAO, a game of the magnitude and scale of RDR2 might barely be possible.
I don't like GTAO, but if they use the cash from it to make more stuff like RDR2, I'm okay.

assurdum

Banned
This is frustrating but its insane to consider them a "trash company" because they aren't putting resources into something that isn't giving the return on investment they expect. The game does not run poorly on current generation consoles. Could it take advantage of the raw power. . .sure, but it's not a terrible experience (like CP77 for example).
Listen they have released a GTA5 remastered. They could release RDR2 remastered indeed. They are became fucking assholes and they want just monetize endless.

assurdum

Banned
Check the second image I added. The difference even in smaller window is notable, it'll become more if you blow it on bigger screens.
Again I have the game. I assure to you it's not better at 1080p in a 4k big screen, let's not talk of 900p on ps4. Don't know what's going in the second picture but neither the first one you posted showed such difference in sharpness.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Following reports from multiple reliable sources that Rockstar Games has canned Red Dead Redemption 1 and GTA 4 remasters, another report has emerged claiming that the developer also cancelled plans for Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 and Xbox Series X/S ports.
Yeah saw that after posting, thought ms had been there with the wallet lol, op should’ve highlighted both consoles

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
poor rockstar. they must be struggling right now! abandoned rdr2 and rdr online. abandoned gta iv and rdr1 remakes.

gotta get hard to work on GTA VI now! gotta get back to ripping the shit out people. they'll be milking GTA VI until well into the 2030s.

seriously fuck them. used to love their games but they've gone to shit now. they became the thing they made fun of and criticised. they are a soulless greedy company. it's a shame that people will just keep throwing money at them cause GTA VI

Last edited:

Woggleman

Ten years ago they could do no wrong in my eyes and now they are just a greedy and soulless company. No wonder Dan Houser left.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I mean, if the company keeps going how they've been tracking, a RDR2 PS5 update would be inferior to the base product anyway.

YCoCg

Rockstar are simply badly managed and arrogant, you'd think a company with over 2,000+ employees could handle a few patches on the side or side work without crumbling plus there was this reveal last week:

Jaybe

Rockstar are simply badly managed and arrogant, you'd think a company with over 2,000+ employees could handle a few patches on the side or side work without crumbling plus there was this reveal last week:

Thanks for sharing. The full post/conversation is interesting. Wonder who this Ash person is. I can get a company not wanting to out in the effort of a remake/remaster. An RDR2 patch in to 60fps in theory should have been a no-brainer.

scydrex

Just release a 60fps patch maybe with a res upgrade for PS5. Want to try it but 30fps also 1080p or PS4 pro strange res no thanks.

Last edited:
I don't understand the outrage here?

Do you want to re-play the same game you've already beaten but with more shiny bells and whistles?

Or do you want a brand new entry in the biggest blockbuster gaming franchise of all time, i.e. GTA6?

RDR2 was great, but I want to play GTA6 before the PS8 ships.

mortal

Gold Member
With all of the bullshit R* have been pulling as of late, I swear GTA VI had better look like a legitimate step up, both visually and mechanically.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Do you want to re-play the same game you've already beaten but with more shiny bells and whistles?

Or do you want a brand new entry in the biggest blockbuster gaming franchise of all time, i.e. GTA6?

People want at the very least, a 60fps unlock patch.

Alebrije

Well , it seems I Will keep playing the Game on My Xbone one X ,,at least 4k is great on it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Let MS make an FPS boost patch at least. R* probably never gonna allow that either.

bitbydeath

Additional frame-rate wouldn’t fix that mess anyway. The game would need a huge overall if people wanted it to play smoothly.

People want at the very least, a 60fps unlock patch.

Let MS make an FPS boost patch at least. R* probably never gonna allow that either.

There's no indication that this won't happen.

If they've cancelled the plan for a more comprehensive remake/remaster, they may shift to just releasing a quick and dirty patch for unlocking the framerate.

The rumour/news in the OP doesn't preclude this option.

When Rockstar was at the peak of their powers they had the critical acclaim of a developer like FromSoftware while putting out 3x as many games as FS and each one being a major seller.

The success of GTA Online has taken away their capacity to do anything else. All their chips are on GTA VI now.

Top Bottom