• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Remake and RDR 2 next-gen are new Rockstar projects – Rumor

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Red-Dead-Redemption-Remake.jpg

We have to wait for the production confirmation, but Chris Klippel reacted to the news and the creator of Rockstar Mag also heard about the project. The journalist received information not only about the next-gen RDR 2, but also about Red Dead Redemption Remake.

“Responding to several private messages at once: As I was able to confirm at the end of 2020, work on the next-gen port # RDR2 has indeed been going on for several months at Rockstar. With the project of the remaster / remake of the first RDR “

“The RDR2 port was to be announced much earlier. The announcement was clearly postponed due to the RDR remaster / remake. I don’t know anything else about it, except that the project is still running and won’t be called “Outlaws Collection”. “

I can't wait to replay RDR2...if they release that with a remake with the first game then my god...i'll be set for 6 months, lmao

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
we want REMAKE, not remaster. Remake the game on the RDR2 nextgen engine. I'd preorder that shit if that's what they were doing...

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Definitely interested in a remake of RDR. That could be amazing. It has been long enough for me that I'd like to replay through that adventure.

Milk that mutha. I remember when I use to complain about sequels, now we don't even get those. Wake me up when Rockstar makes an actual new game. So by the time these come out that's gonna be what? 2 completely new games in 20 years? Impressive.

YukiOnna

Man, I hope it's true. I care little about GTA so it's really just waiting for the next Red Dead title, but with GTA6 how long would this even take...

I'm all for full remakes to classic games, but it seems odd we are getting so many from the PS360. Those games still feel new to me.

Demon's Souls, Dead Space, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us.

Meanwhile, GTA V has been selling like it just released during the entire time period those games released up to and past the time where they've gotten full remakes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom