• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall – “Welcome to Redfall” Official Trailer

M1987

XX46VV8.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Solo running till im totally OP.
Then second/third run in Coop no stealth, blasting everything in sight, I hope your characters are leveled up cuz I aint going out quietly.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks better than I expected, but still not my kinda game.

Happy for those waiting for it's release.

hlm666

Interested to check this out, but wish they went with a more gritty john carpenters vampires take on the vamps, probably need a different art style though to make that work though. Anyway hopefully vampires make for some more interesting gameplay options than the typical zombie hunter/smoker/boomer stuff.

VN1X

Banned
Game looks like a ton of fun.

Hope it has the content to match as I'll be all over this then.

Jennings

I'll give it a try on Gamepass if it supports solo play well enough. I have no online friends so I won't play co-op.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It's Arkane so you never know. It might be amazing. It certainly doesn't look like it is. But who knows? Gamepass to the rescue!

Pagusas

Elden Member
This game just has failure written all over it. Do you think the devs know? Like I'm not even sure how this game got green lit, unless everyone in the production was forced to make it for some reason.

Watching that trailer I can only think everyone involved was doing this for a paycheck instead of from any source of passion or love for the project. You can just tell.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is a WAY better trailer than what they showed at the showcase and gives a clearer picture of what you're doing and what the gameplay will be. Definitely grabbing this at launch (sucker for Hero Loother Shooters).

Looks good, and really like that coop is optional

Agreed. Will definitely play some co-op especially if there's an interesting end-game grind, but will almost surely play the story solo like BORDERLANDS, before jumping into co-op shennanigans.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

On one hand I'm interested, on the other I'm not. This game is really bizarre to me.

I love Arkane, I think vampires are neat, and I like the idea of an experience that can be played alone or with pals.

I don't like the "humor", the art of the game, and I guess just the overall "vibe" of it all. It almost feels like a Borderlands reskin to me. I can't stand Borderlands, lol.

Not to mention this trailer didn't convince me at all. I wish trailers could stick to music from the game or something similar rather than a bunch of trap beats. It hardly ever fits IMO, and when it doesn't it's hysterical to me. So that didn't help either.

Honestly, if this wasn't coming to Game Pass, I don't know if I'd touch it at all.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Looking better and better, going to be very polished no doubt. Good to see an emphasis now on a Solo campaign with a four player co-op option, Arkane always deliver.

Like that they tell you upfront that it can be played solo. So many games I have to google and figure that out. As if they are trying to keep it secret.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Looks promising.
I would never buy this, not really my genre and no gyro on Xbox really hurts it.

But it looks better than I expected, and a lot better than Back 4 Blood. I'll totally try it solo. Looks pretty good.
Can't you use an adapter or a third party controller with gyro?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Like that they tell you upfront that it can be played solo. So many games I have to google and figure that out. As if they are trying to keep it secret.

I think the initial backlash after the CG announcement where it seemed like a left 4 dead clone really ruffled some weathers at Arkane lol.

I'm also glad they're highlighting that it's both a proper story based game and also can be completely played solo.

Black_Stride

absolutely playing solo if its possible. so sick of coop games
Solo is most likely the main mode with coop tacked on.
It why im playing the game solo the first two runs
  1. Stealth, ninja who vampires never even smell coming the
  2. Second build a bruiser, gunner, fuckshituperer.

When I activate coop ill be playing a support character so i can get all the ninjas, tanks and bruisers to help me level my character.

From then on ill join other peoples coop sessions, depending one what the team wants ive got a build for it.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Arkane released Deathloop last year, 88 on Metacritic and was one of the big ones at last year GOTY votings, I think it had the most nominations at TGA including the GOTY award.

I still don't understand how that happened. Gaming "journalists" are so out of touch with reality.

Flabagast

This game just has failure written all over it. Do you think the devs know? Like I'm not even sure how this game got green lit, unless everyone in the production was forced to make it for some reason.

Watching that trailer I can only think everyone involved was doing this for a paycheck and from any source of passion or love for the project. You can just tell.
Both Dishonored 2 & Prey came out within six months and both bombed really really hard, even leading to the rage quit / forced departure of the CEO & founder of Arkane who nearly single-handedly carried the company on his shoulders. By the look of it Arkane was forced to change course and both to downsize its ambitions by working on a safe and low scale project with Deathloop (with lots of reuse from animations to gameplay systems, art, etc...) and jumping onboard the GaaS train hero trash looter shooter with Redfall.

You can bet your ass 100% that not a single one of Arkane's devs were wanting to develop Redfall in its current form to begin with, and if given the choice they all would have largely prefered working on Prey 2. Unfortunately the first one sold so badly that they add to ditch everything in order to survive.

Black_Stride

I still don't understand how that happened. Gaming "journalists" are so out of touch with reality.
Its not really possible to be out of touch with your own opinion.
All reviews are nothing but opinions, the majority of critic opinions felt Deathloop was a good game.
There is no "reality" of what is and isnt a good game.
Do you think Deathloop deserved a score lower than 80/100?

drotahorror

Only play on Xbox and Switch?
Arkane released Deathloop last year, 88 on Metacritic and was one of the big ones at last year GOTY votings, I think it had the most nominations at TGA including the GOTY award.

PC/PS5/Switch. Deathloop looked really bad and not what I expected from Arkane.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Its not really possible to be out of touch with your own opinion.
All reviews are nothing but opinions, the majority of critic opinions felt Deathloop was a good game.
There is no "reality" of what is and isnt a good game.
Do you think Deathloop deserved a score lower than 80/100?

Not only Deathloop isn't Arkane's best game, it's not even their best game with time loop mechanic (that title would go to Prey: Mooncrash).

I wonder what % of journous that showered Deathloop with 10/10 actually played Mooncrash.

I played Deathloop to completion and it's 7/10 game at best. Why? Because there's only one way to complete it and the solution is telegraphed to you. That's a huge step back from Mooncrash.

Last edited:
Looks promising.

Can't you use an adapter or a third party controller with gyro?
I had no idea that was a thing honestly. I'll look into it. Gyro can be awful if the settings aren't just right, so I wonder how well that would work. But if it's actually good, I'd 100% get this if it exists.

Riky

$MSFT
Solo is most likely the main mode with coop tacked on.
It why im playing the game solo the first two runs
  1. Stealth, ninja who vampires never even smell coming the
  2. Second build a bruiser, gunner, fuckshituperer.

When I activate coop ill be playing a support character so i can get all the ninjas, tanks and bruisers to help me level my character.

From then on ill join other peoples coop sessions, depending one what the team wants ive got a build for it.

Playing through with different characters first, then try some co-op, looks like the skill trees and loudouts are pretty large so there will be plenty of different ways to approach each situation.
I think this is going to review pretty well when it arrives and shock a few people.

Fredrik

PC/PS5/Switch. Deathloop looked really bad and not what I expected from Arkane.
Well going by reviews and GOTY votes it was great, some people didn’t like it though but that’s how it is with all games. I never played it myself but looking forward to try it when Sony’s exclusivity deal ends so it pops up on Gamepass.

Top Bottom