• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall – “Welcome to Redfall” Official Trailer

Topher

Gold Member
Watched it again. The weapons look pretty damn cool. Wish they showed more of whatever that bird thing was. Looks more like an ability of sorts than a weapon. Thinking it could have a multiples of each for performing combined attacks. That would be bad ass.

thanks!

what you mean move sets? like from software bosses that have particular moves you have to memorize?

Not sure if those are grunt enemies or mini bosses.

But when you get close to them, they jump in air then attack. Players are able to dodge those attacks.

Perhaps there is a evade move.

elliot5

Watched it again. The weapons look pretty damn cool. Wish they showed more of whatever that bird thing was. Looks more like an ability of sorts than a weapon. Thinking it could have a multiples of each for performing combined attacks. That would be bad ass.
the crow is the sniper dude's ability to scout the area

Leyasu

Banned
For a PVE game dedicated servers don't matter so much, imo of course.
Yes and know. Admittedly you are not at a disadvantage if your ping is double to everyone else's. But for the smoothness, dedicated servers are where it is at

Pelta88

maxresdefault.jpg

Without the PVP.

Topher

Gold Member
If someone asked you to imagine what could be the most generic FPS ever of the 2020s your description would most probably nearly exactly correspond to Redfall

I disagree. I've already commented that the weapons look interesting. Then we have the fact that it is open world, looter with classes and abilities. My imagination doesn't equate any of that to a generic FPS.

maxresdefault.jpg

Without the PVP.

I don't see the similarity.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
i honestly have no idea what the game is going to be from these two trailers. hell we have people arguing in this very thread whether it is or isnt a L4D clone.

Those people are being wildly disingenuous.

it doesnt show nearly enough. instead of being mostly longer cuts of gameplay and game mechanics, it focuses on giving you quick cuts of adrenaline pumping, vanilla, cinematic hollywood shlock.

What about the game are you confused about or feel like is lacking in understanding exactly what kind of game this is? Like I'm fine if you're somehow honestly confused about what kind of game REDFALL is going to be, but other than sitting you down and giving you a gameplay demo, this is a pretty bog standard "This is what you do in the game." Do we know all the nitty gritty details that come out when a game is closer to release and ready to be previewed? No. But to say you have no idea what the game is going to be. . .I just don't understand how that is possible.

Kev Kev

Then we have the fact that it is open world, looter with classes and abilities.

curiousity-but-now-you-have-attention.gif

Is there a tweet saying that somewhere or did I just miss those bits in the trailers? I had no idea it was going to be a looter type of scenario.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Is there a tweet saying that somewhere or did I just miss those bits in the trailers? I had no idea it was going to be a looter type of scenario.

Bruh. It's - again - literally in the trailer. Did you just watch the first ten seconds, before they started slapping the gigantic red text on the screen with all the games high-level features they wanted to highlight? I'm not asking that to snark, but, like, that is all in there.

Kev Kev

Bruh. It's - again - literally in the trailer. Did you just watch the first ten seconds, before they started slapping the gigantic red text on the screen with all the games high-level features they wanted to highlight? I'm not asking that to snark, but, like, that is all in there.
I know it’s hard for some of you to believe but I’ve never played an Arkane game and I genuinely have no idea what this is going to be like other than it’s an FPS with multiplayer components. Open world looter sounds interesting tho. I didn’t see where it said or showed that in the (incredibly shitty) trailers.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Someone else mentioned it, but I read up a bit on the game's page:

"You’ll find plenty of weapons as you explore Redfall. Some will be handcrafted by survivors, pieced together using available materials, and others might be high-grade military equipment. Collect, upgrade and build up your stash of gear. You never know when you might want to try something new.

“Our weapons are an interesting twist on the genre,” says Production Director Ben Horne. “We have loadout options players already know and love, like rare shotguns and sniper rifles, all with randomized weapon traits to make each drop feel like one of an endless potential of combinations. In addition to that, some of our weapons are unique vampire-hunting weapons – like the Stake Launcher or UV Beam – that can be used tactically to eliminate the vampire threat.”"

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Someone else mentioned it, but I read up a bit on the game's page:

"You’ll find plenty of weapons as you explore Redfall. Some will be handcrafted by survivors, pieced together using available materials, and others might be high-grade military equipment. Collect, upgrade and build up your stash of gear. You never know when you might want to try something new.

“Our weapons are an interesting twist on the genre,” says Production Director Ben Horne. “We have loadout options players already know and love, like rare shotguns and sniper rifles, all with randomized weapon traits to make each drop feel like one of an endless potential of combinations. In addition to that, some of our weapons are unique vampire-hunting weapons – like the Stake Launcher or UV Beam – that can be used tactically to eliminate the vampire threat.”"

Wait crafting is possibly in? Ok now we’re talkin

Dane

It's all here in this interview, how it's not Left 4 Dead, how they wanted to work on it and how it's full of Arkane DNA.

Basically all the things people are " concerned" about have already been disproven.

For all I remember, it was Deathloop the game that had to be shoved in a online component because Zenimax was forcing everyone to do it after they felt Save Player One campaign flundered.

Wildebeest

It's all here in this interview, how it's not Left 4 Dead, how they wanted to work on it and how it's full of Arkane DNA.

Basically all the things people are " concerned" about have already been disproven.

I realize you just posted this a gotcha to prove once and for all that this was never meant to be left 4 dead, but I found this discussion to be a bummer. I'm actively sad that this game exists now, as it is.

I'm glad it's not like a L4D game as that game gives me some serious motion sickness issues :(
I will give it a go for sure, but not sure which character to main right now.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Interested to check this out, but wish they went with a more gritty john carpenters vampires take on the vamps, probably need a different art style though to make that work though. Anyway hopefully vampires make for some more interesting gameplay options than the typical zombie hunter/smoker/boomer stuff.
Yeah if this was more serious/gritty without that dialogue I would be more interested

Sygma

Looks like a pretty shit ubisoft far cry clone with cooldowns as expected. Suicide Squad will destroy this, not worth the time

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Looks like it's aimed at teenagers. Hopefully there's some of the old Arkane magic there, but I expect this to fall away within a few months like Back 4 Blood.

Leyasu

Banned
I disagree. I've already commented that the weapons look interesting. Then we have the fact that it is open world, looter with classes and abilities. My imagination doesn't equate any of that to a generic FPS.

I don't see the similarity.

That guy posting bleeding edge stuff is obviously a Reefugee. Banned no doubt for console warring, now here to do the same. Best to ignore the troll

Reminds me of the lost boys - I’m actually a little more optimistic. Humor is cringey but I don’t mind it - haven’t disliked an Arkane game yet. I’m glad there’s a single player mode. Deathloop was also great imo don’t get the hate

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If someone asked you to imagine what could be the most generic FPS ever of the 2020s your description would most probably nearly exactly correspond to Redfall
Totally because of all the skill tree based vampire hunting games right?

I take it we are just going to ignore games like this:
crossfirex-review-1-scaled.jpg

Or maybe you just dont know what generic actually means?

I mean its in Gamepass so il give it a shot, but I'm expecting disappointment like Back 4 blood here...

Also why are Vampires so popular again now? Will it be mummies next?
It is Arkane so it should be a quality game. I'm not exactly sold on whether this is where Arkane's talents should be. Seems like MS squires a studio and their next game is a cheesy multiplayet gaas. Honestly, the tone and setting of Redfall could go either way. Could either be too edgy and juvenile for me or it could be fun and a little spooky.

But also, will it have enough depth to the gameplay or will it be the same as so many team based pve affairs?

I would've preferred the next Dishonored/prey type of game. Stick to what you're good at. Deathloop didn't do it for me because they sacrificed gameplay depth and variety for the time loop stuff. There wasn't enough cool stuff you could do, the enemies were blind, and it felt unbalanced and overly repetitive.

It is Arkane so it should be a quality game. I'm not exactly sold on whether this is where Arkane's talents should be. Seems like MS squires a studio and their next game is a cheesy multiplayet gaas. Honestly, the tone and setting of Redfall could go either way. Could either be too edgy and juvenile for me or it could be fun and a little spooky.
Arkane was developing this game long before MS acquired them lmao

Shmunter

Pretending to be objective has maybe let you slip by being banned, but that is a thin line that is fooling no one. Keep up your poorly guised fanboyism and let's see where it gets you.
Makes me laugh when people like you cannot handle criticism of games because it's on their system. It really drags the place down when opinion cannot be expressed without blinkered defenders like yourself continually jumping in with hurt feeling trying to deflect and shut down conversation. This thread is about the game, not your favorite toy.

This you trolling again? Quite the history.

Nothing more distasteful than a hypocrite labeling others what he himself is. Whatever I scraped off my sneaker after the morning jog had more of my respect. Don't address me again looser.

Top Bottom