• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Co-Creative Director Talks Mixing Story With Co-op, Player Choice, and More

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

There's a lot more in the article including this games take on classes, builds, co-op vs solo game play differences etc.

Does the story change based on who you play?

No, but the dialogue does. Ricardo Bare and the writing team, the narrative design team, have put a lot of work into dynamic systems. And I should give the programmers credit there since they wrote those systems. Ricardo and Andrew Brown, our lead programmer, have worked a lot on dynamic VO systems. They worked on Prey together. A lot of work has been put into the narrative layer, the readables, the briefings, the dynamic conversations, the AI barks, all of that stuff that you'd expect in an Arkane game.
Are there multiple endings in Redfall?

No.
Arkane games are usually big on player choice and consequences. In Redfall's announcement, it was said that our actions change Redfall's setting. Are there many branching paths or major choices with consequences?

Multiple endings and stuff like branching missions are less important to Redfall. Although in truth, I think we have more elective missions, actually. There is the campaign, but there are also some side mission spurs that you can do or not do in the campaign. What it really influences is how a certain character's outcome happens or how they feel about you. Then we have the Nest, and we have the Safe House missions, and then we just have the random exploration of the world and the spawns and vignettes out there. But the overall plot itself, we don't do a lot of branching stuff with that.
A big question: can we change characters after we've started the game?

No, you cannot. You start the campaign with Layla, for instance, you're bound to Layla through the campaign mission, side missions, the whole flow of the game, to the endgame

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Still don't know what to make of this game. The latest gameplay looked promising, but I have huge questions on what this will be like to play through solo.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Still don't know what to make of this game. The latest gameplay looked promising, but I have huge questions on what this will be like to play through solo.

Well, the director's trying his best to let people know it's just as much of a solo game as any of their previous ones here, so let's see.

Top Bottom