• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedFall First Gameplay Trailer Revealed, Coming in 2023

R6Rider

Gold Member
Hopefully playing solo doesn't suffer from a focused design of co-op as I'll be playing it that way when I eventually give it a try. Would much rather have a Prey 2 or Dishonored 3.

Zuzu

I think it’ll be a fun coop game but the Arkane ‘flavour’ is tired now. They need to completely change their art style. Dishonoured 2, Prey, Deathloop and Redfall all look like the same games and it’s boring now. Change it up please. Also I’m so sick of the sassy, edgy joking protagonist thing that everyone seems to be doing lately (e.g Forspoken). Gunplay looks exactly the same as Dishonoured, Prey and Deathloop. Arkane needs to evolve more.

YuLY

I know it has been confirmed to be playable solo, but does that mean it supports offline play or is it always-online? is there any info regarding this?

hopefully its like borderlands and you can offline it if you want.

Last edited:

kyussman

Hilarious how Pete Hines introduced the game as having all the DNA we have come to expect from Arkane,"open world",lol......Arkane make tightly designed levels based around immersive sim gameplay......literally the opposite of what this game looks like.There was nothing in that gameplay demo that would have made me think Arkane made it if I didn't already know.

Kimahri

Banned
Are we ever getting rid of this constant quips and banter shit again?
I'm so done with this banter shit. It's like every single character needs to be some sassy "yas queen" horseshit. Funny thing is, it's all in the acting. The words are just words, but if they were delivered in any way but this "i'm so fucking cool and i'm gonna shove my coolness down your throat" shit, it wouldn't be so bad.

I guess it's all part of the identity pandemic raging the world. Everyone must be perfect and lord forbid there are any flaws (particularly in non-white male people).

Just makes for really dull, uninteresting characters in the end.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As many have said it hardly blew me away, but no reason to not try it since its gamepass.

It let me try back 4 blood and drop that when it turned out shit. Hope this is better, although that's a low bar.

Last edited:

Topfuel

This will be a 9/10 + from all the critics that loved Deathloop. For me this looks very 7/10 game, just do not find the art direction interesting. I will also be trying Deathloop when it comes to Gamepass. Maybe they will suprise me.

Looks really well designed as you'd expect from Arkane, it's moved near the top of my most wanted list, the way the enemies moved was excellent.

Arkane can do very satisfying gameplay. Clockwork soldiers from Dishonoured 2 come to mind.

Maybe they will give evade button so we can dodge their attacks.

Kssio_Aug

The gamplay looked pretty good (better than I expected by that CGI reveal trailer)!
But PLEASE, let me mute characters chit chatting! WTF is with this trend lately?? Who asked for this?
Why is it so hard for the devs to let me, the player, have my own reactions inside my head instead of making the character talk shit out loud all the time?

panda GIF

Edit: On a 2nd watch, actually it seems to me those dialogues were made for the trailer alone? I hope so.

Last edited:

Salz01

It looks decent. Just wish they had some sort of character creator. The avatars aren’t doing anything for me.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm still not sold on this game, but it is a lot more appealing to me than it was at the reveal, still I'm glad it on Game Pass because it's not a game I would be likely to buy.
Back 4 Blood got a ton of buzz from GP since people could count on their friends being able to play it. This could be a lot bigger than that, since it looks much better. Zero chance I'd buy it since it's not really my genre. But it does look pretty good.

MiguelItUp

Are we ever getting rid of this constant quips and banter shit again?
Right? That's something I've absolutely hated since the success of MOBAs and games with heroes or champions. I feel like there's such a strong emphasis on "unique personalities" and it's always handled so poorly IMO. The quips and constant yammering makes it pretty damn annoying in a lot of instances.

In TF2/L4D/L4D2 I thought it was perfect, but every game that came after them that leaned into it leaned a bit TOO hard.

I'm so tired of co-op characters being cheeky with their fortnite paint splashed guns. Hopefully whatever the campaign part of TLOU factions has is a serious tone co-op experience.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
FPS isn't really my thing but since it's going to be on Gamepass I'll give it a shot. I generally like everything but the forced humor in the dialogue. Hopefully that's not pervasive during gameplay.

dem

This looks like some generic Ubisoft drivel. Not impressed so far.

The janitor at Arkane could shit in a bucket and it would be better than the shit Ubisoft puts out.

Arkane's art style its offputting to me... and this doesn't quite look like my cup of tea.... but I'm pretty confident it will be a polished, quality experience.

Last edited:

elliot5

FPS isn't really my thing but since it's going to be on Gamepass I'll give it a shot. I generally like everything but the forced humor in the dialogue. Hopefully that's not pervasive during gameplay.
Its only dynamically quippy if you’re coop and using mixed characters (bc you can coop as the same characters if you choose so)

Stuart360

lol you have to feel for Arkane, even in terms of discussion their games dont do well. Starfield 20 pages, Redfall 3 pages.

I'm obvioulsy messing a bit there but has there ever been another studio that produces so many good games, but games that simply dont sell very well?.

lol you have to feel for Arkane, even in terms of discussion their games dont do well. Starfield 20 pages, Redfall 3 pages.

I'm obvioulsy messing a bit there but has there ever been another studio that produces so many good games, but games that simply dont sell very well?.

yeah, its unfortunate. dishonored and prey are some of the best games i have ever played but they were total flops. i dont understand why.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Less pomp more circumstance I guess lol.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Very informative interview. Even the title of the video is misleading. Redfall was always a Borderlands style game. My biggest takeaway from this interview is when you play Redfall single player you will not be playing with bots. It is a single player game first in foremost with optional coop exactly like Borderlands.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Redfall is an open-world co-op survival game where up to four players face off against vampires. It's been a year since it was announced, so IGN's Miranda Sanchez got to sit down with Harvey Smith from Arkane Studios to give us a clear picture on how the game is shaping up for its 2023 release.

Top Bottom