• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedFall First Gameplay Trailer Revealed, Coming in 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm glad they're emphasizing that the game can be done entirely solo like a standard single player campaign as well, the trailer and the nature of the game may have led many to believe its a forced co-op kind of game.

No forced AI team mates when playing single player either, that's very much appreciated.

“A huge emphasis for Redfall has been the solo experience, in keeping with Arkane’s passions,” says Co-Creative/Studio Director Harvey Smith. “All the games we’ve made overlap in a bunch of creative ways, though no two are exactly alike. Redfall is an open world game, but it can be soloed with any of the heroes. The pace becomes more exploratory; you can use recon and stealth to gather info on encounters and avoid enemies or get the drop on them.”

Should you choose to play alone, you won’t be joined by AI teammates, making it a truly solo experience. You set the pace. You determine the strategies. Want to go on a sightseeing tour of Redfall? It might be a bit dangerous with all the vampires and cultists, but go for it! There is an island full of mysteries to uncover. In true Arkane fashion, the world around you is constantly telling you stories, and these stories can be enjoyed no matter how many people are playing the game.

Last edited:
I'm glad they're emphasizing that the game can be done entirely solo like a standard single player campaign as well, the trailer and the nature of the game may have led many to believe its a forced co-op kind of game.

No forced AI team mates when playing single player either, that's very much appreciated.

Game looked really good, this is brilliant news as well.

Robb

Gold Member
Nice to hear you can play through it in singleplayer. Although I assume the game will still be designed from the ground up around the multiplayer so it probably won’t be as good.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm pretty bored by these types of games. Would have to be doing something pretty unique to get my attention and this isn't it unfortunately.

Paasei

This is login to be great with my friends that really like to play games. Which I don’t have. Sorry Arkane, I’m skipping your game for the first time.

Top Bottom