Arkane Studios presents an extended look into the open-world map of Redfall, a city in Massachusetts that is overrun by vampires. Redfall's city is filled with abandoned buildings, safe rooms, loot to pick up, and unexplored territories that players will have the choice to infiltrate to try and take back from the vampire masses. We also get a look into how gameplay will work with special vampire slaying weapons, unnatural powers, and fighting special vampire types. Take a look at this extended gameplay and world exploration trailer for Redfall.
This is the accompanying video with more info and Q/A on the game.
- Vampires cannot be killed with just regular bullets, need something vampire specific like stakes or flares
- Despite being an open world, they have tried to make as many hand-crafted locations as possible.
- Game allows both fast paced shooter style and stealth based approaches to combat scenarios
- They didn't want to make a left 4 dead style game, they wanted to make something different with arkane's DNA.
- Focus is on world building. Was designed to be open world from the concept stage
- Reaffirm that solo is completely solo and you can play with up to 4 players if you want
- No tethering in co-op, so all 4 players can explore the world freely.
- No loading screens through the world.
- Safe houses will unlock neighborhoods/perks etc.