• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall - Official Launch Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Redfall is an open-world, co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Slay alone or squad up with up to 4 player co-op and face off against the vampires holding the island hostage. Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to this story-driven action shooter. In signature Arkane style, you will choose your path across the island and through the vampire masses as you discover what caused this plague of bloodsuckers. Explore a beautifully hand-crafted open world packed with detail and shine a light on the island’s darkest corners as you fight to uncover the vampires’ secrets. Choose from a roster of heroes with unique, upgradeable skills and gear them up with customizable weaponry found all over the island. Redfall arrives on PC on May 2, 2023. Pre-order now - visit Redfall.com to check it out.

0K0fdVD.jpg

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly, this trailer looks better than any of the footage they've shown before IMO.

That being said, I REALLY can't stand all the fucking trap beat music they've been using, it just really doesn't feel fitting to me at all.

When I heard the choice of song, I was like, "Oh, okay, cool, fits the vibe a bit better." Until I realized it was a cover ALSO loaded with trap beats/percussion. :pie_eyeroll:

Honestly, this trailer looks better than any of the footage they've shown before IMO.

That being said, I REALLY can't stand all the fucking trap beat music they've been using, it just really doesn't feel fitting to me at all.

When I heard the choice of song, I was like, "Oh, okay, cool, fits the vibe a bit better." Until I realized it was a cover ALSO loaded with trap beats/percussion. :pie_eyeroll:

Arkane does music very well.

Deathloop and Prey had superb soundtracks.

MiguelItUp

Arkane does music very well.

Deathloop and Prey had superb soundtracks.
Oh, I've never doubted the in-game music for a second, I've dug what I've heard in previous games. But what's in the marketing has really turned me off TBH, lol. Kind of like how some of those Diablo IV snacky social videos are using trap beats too, lol. Made no sense to me.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I used the search but didn't see that it was already posted. My bad.

Last edited:
Oh, I've never doubted the in-game music for a second, I've dug what I've heard in previous games. But what's in the marketing has really turned me off TBH, lol. Kind of like how some of those Diablo IV snacky social videos are using trap beats too, lol. Made no sense to me.

This trailer has one of the best music out there IMO. Hopefully in games is like this.

clarky

Gold Member
Good trailer. Its got an uphill battle around these parts tho, anything other than the second coming of Christ and its going to get ripped to bits.

Looking forward to it personally.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Good trailer. Hope that the game is good too. My friends like co-op games and if this one is doable for people with skill issues like me I may bite in a few months.

Looks really great graphically, can't wait to see it on my 4k screen, also looking forward to all the environmental story telling that they are famous for. Looks like one of the few games that will be a very different experience playing solo then co-op.

I've studied the hell out of this game's areas. Environmental storytelling appears like it'll be top notch. I've paused every scene of every trailer and looked around.🤣

It was mostly to develop a better appreciation for the art and graphics style, but then I started to notice all kinds of cool shit I'll be curious about.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Check out the exciting Redfall launch trailer. Arkane Austin’s new story-driven vampire FPS is coming to Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Game Pass on May 2, 2023. Take on the undead solo or with up to three friends and venture from Massachusetts into the clutches of mysterious psychic underworlds.

May the 30 fps be with you.

Why does the guy in the thumbnail look like a vampire version of Craig? lol

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Series X is in the RTX 2080 ballpark. Isn't the recommended specs for 60 FPS gameplay?

If it is, then it's very weird that RTX 2080 can do 60 FPS, while Series X -- with all the optimizations that come with a console -- only runs at 30 FPS.

oji-san

Banned
Would be all over it on release date if it had performance mode, might try it at launch but 30fps on LG OLED looks so jarring to me, and they said it would have a 60fps in the future so the wise choice for me would be to wait. Anyhow looking forward to see others opinions about the game.

Hot5pur

Looking forward to this. I doubt it will be game of the year material but it looks polished and fun, and built for co-op which makes most games even better. Will gamepass it with the wife for sure.

drotahorror

Pretty good trailer for once.

Why is this game rated Mature I wonder? The blood and gore are pretty much non-existent. How do you make a dark, horror FPS featuring Vampires, so child-friendly? Even Dishonored 1 is so much more violent.

VN1X

Banned
Good trailer that.

Still not sure about the game though but I can't imagine it not being fun with a few co-op buddies. Fingers crossed it delivers.

Top Bottom