• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall - Official Story Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

What is happening in Redfall? Where did the vampires come from? Uncover the mysteries of Redfall as you explore the island. Delve into the dark history of the sinister company that created the monsters stalking the streets and face off against the terrifyingly powerful vampires that some survivors worship as gods. Redfall arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on May 2, 2023. Pre-order now or play with Game Pass for exclusive content - visit Redfall.com to check it out. There’s a lot more to the charming island of Redfall than meets the eye.The scientists at Aevum HQ have been working on something world-shattering. People are going missing; there are dead bodies and blood everywhere; the sun has been eclipsed; and vampires rule the town. Were the vampires just an experiment gone horribly wrong or something far more disturbing? Who are the vampire gods? The only thing to know for sure is that everything is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wonder if they're gonna try and shoehorn this into the Dishonored/Deathloop universe ?

SJRB

Gold Member
lmao, a 3.5 minute story trailer that literally doesn't go beyond "there's vampires and cultists and we're going to kill them all".

Man, I have a bad feeling about this. That gameplay looks whack and the graphics seem pretty mediocre. The gloomy horror atmosphere clashes with the *record scratch* "You're probably wondering how I got here"-tone of characters and voice acting. Weird combo between horror and fortnite, it's hard to describe but it feels off.

Hoping for the best because I love Arkane.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, still not feeling this at all, unfortunately. The theme SHOULD get me, but it just doesn't.

Also, can we please stop with this shitty trap stuff in almost every trailer. If it works, sure, but for months if not years now I feel like it's almost always used in the worst situation.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Do we know if its cross play between steam etc vs game pass. That's my only issue with these game pass games.

Talking about dark tide...

Last edited:
They WILL get to it at some point. They have to.

But this one looks great as well. It has all the elements that make Arkane games work for me.

Especially that invisibility power. Pair it with creepy environment, it's going to be a different beast altogether.
I've said for a while that they probably had to try and make something more profitable before Bethesda was acquired. This was in the works prior. Projects they've started after the acquisition are probably going to have freedom to be even more niche.

I like the Gods designs. I still hate the art style. Nothing about it looks graphically impressive.
I'm curious about the mission structure cause that trailer made it look like the boss fights are just a door that spawns in the open world that takes you to an arena to fight the boss.

Kvally

Banned
I've said for a while that they probably had to try and make something more profitable before Bethesda was acquired. This was in the works prior. Projects they've started after the acquisition are probably going to have freedom to be even more niche.

Dunno dude.

Interviews I have seen, Arkane was fully onboard with this concept. Developers play DnD together apparently and love coop. So they wanted to do it.

Could be some financial pressure, but when I see this game, it just screams opposite of financial success 😂

But of course, actual truth we will never know.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Last edited:

FBeeEye

Banned
So your typical zombie shooter, except with vampires. Story seems to try to be grounded in science but you have vampires controlling the sun?

I wish they allowed you to create a character. But I guess this game is heavily story-driven so that would have been too much work.

Ozriel

M$FT
lmao, a 3.5 minute story trailer that literally doesn't go beyond "there's vampires and cultists and we're going to kill them all".

Not exactly an accurate summary of the video. There’s a lot more detail than that.

So your typical zombie shooter, except with vampires. Story seems to try to be grounded in science but you have vampires controlling the sun?

It’s an Arkane game, so it’s unlikely to be ‘just your typical zombie shooter’.

I still don't completely understand who this is supposed to appeal to, but it's Arkane so I will obviously try it out.

They have pedigree particularly with critics. Personally I find their games not to my tastes, I tried Deathloop but was bored after a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Flabagast

Man Arkane used to be one of my favorite devs, with lore-rich, deep narrative immersive sims. Even Deathloop was pretty likable I would say.

But this, this... it makes me so so so sad. Who asked for another Fornite looking zoomer shooter ?

Let's hope Arkane Lyon keeps the flame alive...

Looking good. Another banger from Xbox 1st party. This year is going to be legendary.

Typical Hendrick's , you keep doing you friend...😉

On-topic : this is the new Back 4 blood, it's mediocre looking, shooting feels absolutely weightless and the whole thing will be forgotten 3-4 months after release , "banger" my arse, this has to be the most "AAA" generic shite that most people in here like to shit on usually written all over it, it's just that "some users" are doing the usual mental gymnastics for the very obvious reasons.

Again, this didn't look good when they first showed it and it sure as hell doesn't look good (or even competent) now.

Hi Fi rush was cool and Starfield can potentially be the Xbox saviour® for 2023 like most fans are hoping for, this one though ? It looks so utterly mediocre, generic, soulless, desperate and devoid of any kind of fun that you'd have to pay me to play it.

#not even for free - and I don't even care that is being made by Arkane

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Looks great to me. The raven power looked cool and the bayonet to the chest with the curb stomp to the head finishing move looked sick. Fighting the vampire gods looks like it will be fun, especially in co-op. I'll definitely upgade my Game Pass download to the deluxe version.

DaGwaphics

I'll give it a fair shot, I'm always down for some coop. It really just needs to be better than back4blood for me and my friends to have some fun lol

Seems like a completely different animal than back4blood, which was basically a poor mans left 4 dead. This looks to have a fully fleshed out campaign and a lot of lore to it (hopefully of the variety that you go searching for yourself and not via a ridiculous amount of forced cut scenes).

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The story/premise of this game is probably the aspect that does the least for me. Vampires, whatever. But I do like the idea of a co-op immersive sim fps in an open world, and I'm real excited to actually play it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
"Brought to you by AEVUM: An Umbrella Subsidiary."

Just finished playing DEATHLOOP and I'm all in on the lore for this (PREY and DH are overstuffed with this stuff, so not at all shocking that this is the same). Also love the completely UNNECCESSARY usage of the C4 just to get a swag head shot on an enemy.

. . .also, if you think the art direction in this is bad, there's always the latest COD to get your moneys worth out of your whizbang PC setup.

I'll give it a fair shot, I'm always down for some coop. It really just needs to be better than back4blood for me and my friends to have some fun lol

And to the others: how is this game ANYTHING like B4B? Are we so simple minded as gamers that we see "co-op", "nighttime gameplay" and "creature feature" and think "Herp derp, yup. . .that be some B4B rights theres!"

Not exactly an accurate summary of the video. There’s a lot more detail than that.

It’s an Arkane game, so it’s unlikely to be ‘just your typical zombie shooter’.

This is what is frustating about the (at this point) hacky "Who asked for this" posts: uhm, everyone who has played an ARKANE game and now wants to see what this studio can do in a truly open world space. . .with random co-op (if you want to kill with people).

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I just can't get over the poor level of visuals in this game, on a technical level.

The art-design is solid but outside of resolution/framerate, the visuals look worse than some Xbox One/PS4 launch titles on a technical level.

We're over two years into this generation. Games shouldn't be looking like this any more.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Typical Hendrick's , you keep doing you friend...😉

On-topic : this is the new Back 4 blood, it's mediocre looking, shooting feels absolutely weightless and the whole thing will be forgotten 3-4 months after release , "banger" my arse, this has to be the most "AAA" generic shite that most people in here like to shit on usually written all over it

"It's got people in it with guns and vampires, so it must be like Back 4 Blood" 🤡

it's just that "some users" are doing the usual mental gymnastics for the very obvious reasons.

At least you got one thing right.

I just can't get over the poor level of visuals in this game, on a technical level.

The art-design is solid but outside of resolution/framerate, the visuals look worse than Xbox One/PS4 launch titles on a technical level.

We're over two years into this generation. Games shouldn't be looking like this any more.
The visuals are honestly the least of my concerns with this, or most games. If it's actually clear and readable, then hopefully the gameplay will be fun.

Top Bottom