• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Predictions for a low to mid 80s metacritic were really weird to me considering what they were showing but I’m not going to take a 4/10 at face value. Arkane is a great studio.
People need to remember that. Even if this game is not of their normal standard, they will make another banger afterwards. Generally high and great quality

Duchess

Open Critic prediction:

fair-man.png

Dane

There was a livestream from a gaming website, they took down but suprising it was running well performance wise at 135 FPS, I don't know the specs though.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Another banger from Microsoft

Next gen graphics and gameplay, with fresh new fps mechanics that have never been done.

Exactly what I’ve been wanting to see from MS first party

Who needs Activision

john2gr

Websites breaking embargo here and there, lol. The review embargo lifts on May 2nd @ 2:01 (AM) in the morning CEST.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
People need to remember that. Even if this game is not of their normal standard, they will make another banger afterwards. Generally high and great quality

Or they don't give up if this game happens to be a misfire and learn to take another - cough - stab at mixing these genres.

Nydius

they made that boring as fuck game a while ago death something... what else ?
Although I enjoyed Deathloop, it’s clear they need someone to work on better enemy AI engagement. Watching the Redfall videos, the zombie attacks are almost identical to way melee Eternalists attack in Deathloop: Run straight at you and jump to close the gap.

At least Colt had some stealth takedown animations in Deathloop and not just a generic elbow to the ass. I was particularly fond of kicking them into the sea.

Bartski

Gold Member
To add fuel to the fire that no civilian carries any importance to this title after you defeat the boss, you’ll progress to a new area. The game warns you can’t return once you go, but why? There are still side missions and even a few story missions that can be taken on, but you lose access to them after progressing. This also hurts the general multiplayer element where I brought my friend to my game. We did a final mission of an area and then moved on, which caused them to skip multiple story missions on their campaign. This is typically mitigated by only being able to play the player’s campaign that has progressed the least. Still, it further emphasizes that the core story is left as an afterthought.

Maybe, Idk? There is a lot of turnover in the gaming industry. It's been well documented that high profile members of Arkane Austin left after Prey was released in 2017. Arkane could rebound, but I don't think they will reach the heights of Prey or Dishonored again. And Microsoft owning them doesn't give me any more confidence too

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
It's too bad because if they keep breaking review embargoes they're going to be reviewing fewer games.
I was thinking that too. Much like a vampire, this review could come back and bite them, lol.

They've consistently been the one channel on YT that has a quality review for some random indie game I'm curious about.

Salz01

Like the theme, and want to play in an open world environment where you hunt vampires, just not with these characters, graphics, and at 30fps…. Always looked like it would be shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom