• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Rumored to Be Targeting Late March 2023 Release

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Arkane Austin's Redfall game may be targeting a late March 2023 release window, according to sources cited by journalist Okami Games. The same anonymous sources also reported that pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition will grant one-week early access to Redfall, among other bonuses.

Redfall was originally scheduled to launch in the Summer of 2022 but received a delay to the first half of 2023 alongside Bethesda Game Studios heavyweight Starfield. It is a brand new IP and also Arkane's first proper foray into multiplayer gaming, though the developers promised the game would still share the studio's signature DNA, especially when playing solo.

adamsapple

If this is true, March is extremely stacked. Possibly the single most stacked in many years.

Mr Moose

I don't like the character models on this game but wasn't it meant to release this year before the delay?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I don't like the character models on this game but wasn't it meant to release this year before the delay?
Yeah, it had an indeterminate 2022 release date. March sounds good to me, I am very interested to see how this game shapes up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Jedi Survivor, Skull and Bones and there's probably more but I can't recall off the top of my head right now.

Who says Jedi Survivor is releasing in March? Is it some kind of insider rumor? Officially they've only said 2023 AFAIK, and they haven't even shown the game yet (just a CG teaser).

adamsapple

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It looked pretty polished in its last gameplay showing, so I do think it will come 1st half of 2023, with starfield in the 2nd half.

anthony2690

Banned
If this is true, March is extremely stacked. Possibly the single most stacked in many years.
What else is out in march? I know we have re4 remake as well.

& Feb we have Wild Hearts, Hogwarts Legacy & Yakuza Ishin.

2023 is having quite an exciting start imo.

Denton

I am really curious how is this going to play in pure singleplayer. Hopefully it will be more atmospheric and immersive.

Laptop1991

When i read solo instead of single player from anything connected with Bethesda, it doesn't leave me with much hype or hope, and i loved Arkane's Dishonored games.

It actually looks pretty good, and supposedly can be played solo so I'm in.

Jedi Survivor I'll consider when it's down to $60. Really enjoyed the first one.

adamsapple

It's a game under Microsoft's umbrella, so it will get delayed again and again. And finally launch with issues.

Count on it.

Prove me wrong, Microsoft.

uhG21Y4.png

Consider yourself proven wrong.

Last edited:

adamsapple

This game had pretty well-known issues. Leaderboard issues and rewards still reset till this day when it bugs out.

Honestly those just read like glitches some users have with every game, infinite loading time etc.

All things considered, FH5 was an incredibly polished game at launch.

Arkane doesn't have a track record of putting out broken games at launch either so I think it's gonna be good.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Honestly those just read like glitches some users have with every game, infinite loading time etc.

All things considered, FH5 was an incredibly polished game at launch.

Arkane doesn't have a track record of putting out broken games at launch either so I think it's gonna be good.
The accolades have been bonkers since launch and patches were making it worse. The online component had serious issues for over a year after launch. Not saying it's not a great game, but it wasn't without its issues, especially online and accolades that were NOT isolated.

With that said, delays to me personally, are better than launching worse state products. More polish time, the better.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Geniunely surprised at the amount of people that are excited for this game. With all the video's I've watched so far it feels like they're trying hard to find out what exactly they want this game to be. The shooting, abilities, and even animations all look so lifeless and weightless to me. I really dislike the look of the overall world as well but then again I find the whole vampire aestethic to be very boring.

Hope it's good still. I've been wanting a new FPS game pass title to play with friends.

Pelta88

I think XB needs to launch Redfall in it's own release window. March is looking a little crowded and that can be difficult for a new ip.

Ozriel

M$FT
I think XB needs to launch Redfall in it's own release window. March is looking a little crowded and that can be difficult for a new ip.

March isn’t that crowded, it’s on Gamepass so there’ll be lots of word-of-mouth recs if it’s really good and they have to space their releases if Redfall, Starfield and Forza are H1 games.

Kurotri

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't really liked any of Arkane's output after Dishonored 2, and Dishonored 1 is still the best. Especially Deathloop was just awfully boring and 2quirky4me. It pains me to say this but I'm pretty hesitant around Arkane nowadays, and while the last gameplay showing of Redfall didn't look bad, I can't shake the feeling that this'll be another miss ultimately. I wonder if this is because Raphael Colantonio isn't there anymore. Hoping this is some out of left field surprise.

I’m really not seeing how march is crowded loll, outside of a rumored Star Wars game, the only thing is resident evil 4 which doesn’t compete with a co-op shooter.

Feb is the stacked month so far next year.

February​

Deliver Us Mars (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 2
Dead Island 2 (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC) – February 3
Hogwarts Legacy (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 10
Wanted: Dead (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 14
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (PlayStation 4, Switch) – February 16
Wild Hearts (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PC) – February 17
Like A Dragon: Ishin! (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 21
Company of Heroes 3 (PC) – February 23
Sons of the Forest (PC) – February 23
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch) – February 24
Kirby's Return To Dream Land Deluxe (Switch) – February 24
Octopath Traveler II (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, PC) – February 24
Destiny 2: Lightfall (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC) – February 28

adamsapple

I’m really not seeing how march is crowded loll, outside of a rumored Star Wars game, the only thing is resident evil 4 which doesn’t compete with a co-op shooter.

Feb is the stacked month so far next year.

February​

Deliver Us Mars (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 2
Dead Island 2 (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC) – February 3
Hogwarts Legacy (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 10
Wanted: Dead (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 14
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (PlayStation 4, Switch) – February 16
Wild Hearts (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PC) – February 17
Like A Dragon: Ishin! (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – February 21
Company of Heroes 3 (PC) – February 23
Sons of the Forest (PC) – February 23
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch) – February 24
Kirby's Return To Dream Land Deluxe (Switch) – February 24
Octopath Traveler II (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, PC) – February 24
Destiny 2: Lightfall (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC) – February 28

ok Feb is definitely more stacked.

Q1 2023 is more stacked than any in recent memory.

Ozriel

M$FT
Halo Infinite demonstrated why "It's on gamepass" is no longer a valid argument about for a games success.

Redfall isn't a live service, GaaS game.

Give Redfall it's own launch window.

If it's truly set for a March release, it Makes no sense to push the game to April just because it's launching the same month with RE4 Remake. Especially when Xbox first party had an underwhelming 2022.

Pelta88

Redfall isn't a live service, GaaS game.

If it's truly set for a March release, it Makes no sense to push the game to April just because it's launching the same month with RE4 Remake. Especially when Xbox first party had an underwhelming 2022.

Your full post was

March isn’t that crowded, it’s on Gamepass so there’ll be lots of word-of-mouth recs if it’s really good and they have to space their releases if Redfall, Starfield and Forza are H1 games.

Which means backtracking or switching between the type of game Redfall is... Doesn't negate the fact that you knowingly used Gamepass as some type of success guarantor. When the GP model couldn't sustain Halo Infinite.

The narrative you choose to believe is not a replacement for actual facts.

Last edited:
Your full post was

Which means backtracking or switching between the type of game Redfall is... Doesn't negate the fact that you knowingly used Gamepass as some type of success guarantor. When the GP model couldn't sustain Halo Infinite.

You don't seem to realize that Halo Infinite had free to play multiplayer and that wasn't on Game pass at all. Game pass has nothing to do with the state of Halo Infinite at all. Not sure why people keep connecting them together.

Ozriel

M$FT
Your full post was

I shouldn’t be the one teaching you how sentences work.

I said “it’s on Gamepass so there’ll be lots of word of mouth recommendations if the game is really good”. The game’s also being sold at retail so having a ton of positive impressions will boost sales. That should be the clear inference from my comment, and not you cherry-picking the first few words to form your own narrative.

As for my follow up post, it’s similarly straightforward. Halo Infinite’s supposedly failed to meet financial projections due to underperforming MTX revenue. Redfall isn’t GaaS so all projections would be made on either one-and-done sales or performance on GP charts or amount of subscribers it brings in. And I specifically added the qualifier “if the game is really good” to that sentence you failed to comprehend.

Aside from the fact that I certainly didn’t use GP as a guarantor for success, Halo Infinite’s MP is F2P, so I’m not sure why you’re going on and on about GP for that title. Cheers anyway.

adamsapple

Halo Infinite demonstrated why "It's on gamepass" is no longer a valid argument for a games success.

Halo Infinite's troublesome MP is free to play already, game pass has literally nothing to do with the state of the games development.

Ozriel's post about Redfall getting more players via word to mouth and easier availability, as a retail game, on game pass is perfectly valid.

As an example, Chivalry got 500K new players in 2 days after launching on GP according to the developers. That's how it works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom