• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Rumored to Be Targeting Late March 2023 Release

I still don't know if it's for me. If they now have to postpone Starfield until 2024, then it's going to be really embarrassing for MS.
Redfall and Starfield have literally nothing to do with each other. I am truly baffled by people stating otherwise

I’m expecting this to be a slightly better Back 4 Blood. Not something I imagine many people are excited about.

On another note, delays for MS are not ideal at this point. Even if it’s 6 weeks, they need first party content.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I’m expecting this to be a slightly better Back 4 Blood. Not something I imagine many people are excited about.

This is a long standing misconception that still keeps coming up.

This is not a L4D or B4B style game. This is a proper story based campaign with optional 1 to 4 player co-op.

It's closest example is Borderlands.

VN1X

Banned
Lol MS.

Anyway, would be better to straight up cancel this game.

It looks like complete trash.
FqTnIFI.png

VN1X

Banned
Anyway, that's a shame as I'm really looking forward to this one. Been loving everything Arkane's been putting out ever since Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Dishonored.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Dunno if it counts as a delay when it was only announced for H1.

Pretty hyped for this. I'll be there in May.

So we're just going to take a Twitter rando's word at face value that a game without a solid release date in the first place is being delayed to still within the expected time frame? We're also convincing ourselves that this unverified rumor from said Twitter rando somehow affects a completely different studio from a completely game?

That's really what we're doing here?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Redfall and Starfield have literally nothing to do with each other. I am truly baffled by people stating otherwise

You don't think the release decisions of heavily promoted games aren't impacted by one another? Really? So you think there's a reality where MS is releasing Redfall, Starfield and Forza on the same day?

I swear, there are the most insiders on what's going on inside Microsoft first party studios. Everybody that comes out the woodwork is believed. Wouldn't be surprised if Redfall comes before April 6th.

You don't think the release decisions of heavily promoted games aren't impacted by one another? Really? So you think there's a reality where MS is releasing Redfall, Starfield and Forza on the same day?

Now you're changing the subject. Nobody ever said they are releasing all on the same day, but Microsoft has no issues having Starfield come a month or two after Redfall

Seriously? I said the games have nothing to do with each other, which is a fact. Obviously two of them wouldn’t be released in the same month, they could push one to slightly space it out, if both games are finished around the same time. Good grief, get a grip dude.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Seriously? I said the games have nothing to do with each other, which is a fact. Obviously two of them wouldn’t be released in the same month, they could push one to slightly space it out, if both games are finished around the same time. Good grief, get a grip dude.

The post you were responding to was specifically about release timings; if your response is literally "Redfall and Starfield are two different games," what exactly is that clarifying?

The post you were responding to was specifically about release timings; if your response is literally "Redfall and Starfield are two different games," what exactly is that clarifying?
I’m pointing out the lack of common sense or thought being put into the argument that Redfall being pushed out internally by 6 weeks has a anything at all to do with when Starfield is being released. So why people keep endlessly bringing up Starfield in this thread is beyond me. No two major games being published by Microsoft/Bethesda or any other Microsoft-owned studio would come out in the same 2-4 weeks. Obviously.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I don't see how this game's development stage affects starfield.
I think that's quite obvious...When a studio owned by a publisher is late all the others studios of said publisher need to stop working until the first studio finally catches up.Otherwise they might break their FIFO modus operandi....Honestly I am baffled that some people don't know that.

Just in case it was sarcasm, I know some people here have trouble with it, on a more serious tone I'd guess they don't want to release their games too close but that would be the only explanation semi viable(assuming they already had a close enough release date).

gothmog

Gold Member
I think that's quite obvious...When a studio owned by a publisher is late all the others studios of said publisher need to stop working until the first studio finally catches up.Otherwise they might break their FIFO modus operandi....Honestly I am baffled that some people don't know that.

Just in case it was sarcasm, I know some people here have trouble with it, on a more serious tone I'd guess they don't want to release their games too close but that would be the only explanation semi viable(assuming they already had a close enough release date).
I mean studios do pause development sometimes to help get another game shipped. So while it is sarcastic it's not unheard of for a delayed game to delay other games.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
And? He was talking about release dates. As in, he is saying one is going to be finished sooner and released before the other. What is your point, exactly?

1 - The head of Xbox Studios said Starfield is only coming after Redfall, and this was in November.

2 - Redfall is now rumored to release in May 2023.

3 - This would mean Starfield wouldn't release until after May. If it's e.g. two months after that, it would be July. We don't know how much Starfield's release date was pushed back and Microsoft never stated so much of a release window.

4 - This has been explained to you several times.

5 - Yet you keep complaining with everybody about the studios being different and the release dates not being related. Despite the head of Xbox Studios stating there's a relation between both release dates.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I guess it makes sense now why we didn't see anything from Xbox at the Geoff show.

I do wonder why they can't lock a release date, is 6 weeks going to change much? I dunno what's going on with Xbox studios, seems like a mess, and buying veteran companies isn't helping it.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Bet we won't see Starfield til the fall now, assuming this is legit.

I know they're 2 different developers but I doubt MS would want Redfall releasing AFTER Starfield.

People really expected Starfield in the coming months….lol?

Kimahri

Banned
Sounds about right. Every studio microsoft has bought is basically in a standstill since they bought them. They have so many studios and nothing to show for it. Its pathetic.
Obsidian released the best game of 2022.

But that one doesn't count, does it now? Both being and looking unusual.

What's the word I'm looking for?

Oh yeah, pathetic.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Bet we won't see Starfield til the fall now, assuming this is legit.

I know they're 2 different developers but I doubt MS would want Redfall releasing AFTER Starfield.
They were never going to drop Starfield and Redfall in the first half of 2023. If they do I’ll drink my own cum. That was a lie similar to Sony saying God of War R was a launch/2021 game or whatever they said.

Top Bottom