• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Rumored to Be Targeting Late March 2023 Release

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I’m pointing out the lack of common sense or thought being put into the argument that Redfall being pushed out internally by 6 weeks has a anything at all to do with when Starfield is being released. So why people keep endlessly bringing up Starfield in this thread is beyond me. No two major games being published by Microsoft/Bethesda or any other Microsoft-owned studio would come out in the same 2-4 weeks. Obviously.

Because they've already talked about how they are looking to handle these game releases in relation to one another?

That was a lie similar to Sony saying God of War R was a launch/2021 game or whatever they said.

PS5 released in November of 2020. GOWR was announced a couple months earlier. How does THAT math work out? They said it was a 2021 game and then moved it to 2022, so a year delay. As far as I know it only every had the vague "2021" before its official release date.

. . .contrast with MS specifically saying that all of their major studio releases were coming before the end of June.

ReBurn

Gold Member
1 - The head of Xbox Studios said Starfield is only coming after Redfall, and this was in November.

2 - Redfall is now rumored to release in May 2023.

3 - This would mean Starfield wouldn't release until after May. If it's e.g. two months after that, it would be July. We don't know how much Starfield's release date was pushed back and Microsoft never stated so much of a release window.

4 - This has been explained to you several times.

5 - Yet you keep complaining with everybody about the studios being different and the release dates not being related. Despite the head of Xbox Studios stating there's a relation between both release dates.
serious invader zim GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Because they've already talked about how they are looking to handle these game releases in relation to one another?

PS5 released in November of 2020. GOWR was announced a couple months earlier. How does THAT math work out? They said it was a 2021 game and then moved it to 2022, so a year delay. As far as I know it only every had the vague "2021" before its official release date.

. . .contrast with MS specifically saying that all of their major studio releases were coming before the end of June.
Ok? I said launch or 2021 or whenever they said.

Fredrik

I own all the consoles and have a decent PC. I don’t really think about things like that.
I own all consoles too and a great PC, it still annoys me that MS is so slow at releasing games. I invested in Gamepass til 2024, my hope was that I would get a whole bunch of cool AAA releases in that time but right now it seems like I’ll get maybe 3.

I own all consoles too and a great PC, it still annoys me that MS is so slow at releasing games. I invested in Gamepass til 2024, my hope was that I would get a whole bunch of cool AAA releases in that time but right now it seems like I’ll get maybe 3.
It’s only $15 a month. There is plenty of good games on the service, at least for me. I try not to concern myself too much with things I don’t have control over.

ungalo

For now the 12 months promise still holds up, barely. It's highly unlikely we will see Forza 8, Starfield and Redfall in that window though. It looks like it was another lie from Microsoft.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
1 - The head of Xbox Studios said Starfield is only coming after Redfall, and this was in November.

2 - Redfall is now rumored to release in May 2023.

3 - This would mean Starfield wouldn't release until after May. If it's e.g. two months after that, it would be July. We don't know how much Starfield's release date was pushed back and Microsoft never stated so much of a release window.

4 - This has been explained to you several times.

5 - Yet you keep complaining with everybody about the studios being different and the release dates not being related. Despite the head of Xbox Studios stating there's a relation between both release dates.

The head of Xbox never stated there was a relation between both release dates. That’s a frankly baffling interpretation from you.

Last edited:

mdkirby

I really hope this isn’t as terrible as it looks. Arcane were one of my favourite developers, I really don’t know what’s happened to them with this game, or if it’s just had particularly bad marketing.

Jaybe

Man, I hope Q1 isn’t barren for first-party releases again. And should Starfield miss June, I guess then it’s fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I really hope this isn’t as terrible as it looks. Arcane were one of my favourite developers, I really don’t know what’s happened to them with this game, or if it’s just had particularly bad marketing.

I suppose, to be fair, Deathloop always looked awful in all the marketing too, but then it turned out to be surprisingly good (from what I've heard, haven't played it yet).

Kacho

Gold Member
The marketing has been atrocious for sure.

Like, high level it’s Arkane and Vampires. What more do you need? Hell yes.

Then you see the Netflix tier characters, cringe dialogue and the co-op focus and you’re like “oh god…”.

Like most people, I’m still unclear on what the actual game is. So yeah, total marketing failure.

Gambit2483

The marketing has been atrocious for sure.

Like, high level it’s Arkane and Vampires. What more do you need? Hell yes.

Then you see the Netflix tier characters, cringe dialogue and the co-op focus and you’re like “oh god…”.

Like most people, I’m still unclear on what the actual game is. So yeah, total marketing failure.
Maybe MS is the common denominator in all of these scenarios....🤔

Jus sayin...

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
All I know is they would be wise to avoid
May and June. I’m putting Starfield in that conversation as well. May is Nintendos month and Tears will have long legs. As far as June is concerned if they release it in June I will buy it on PC but
4NJXRkf.jpg

This is just my PS5 list for the month. Going to be a rough month for a new rpg franchise. Decisions will be made.

Edited to add: if they can’t get redfall out by the end of March they should just wait wait until august. Don’t send it out to die

Last edited:
so the original release date was an unconfirmed leak, and now there's an unconfirmed delay leak for the unconfined launch leak?
You should know by now that's all it takes around here for people to invent their own narratives, run with them, and then act as if their asspull is gospel from on high.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Maybe MS is the common denominator in all of these scenarios....🤔

Jus sayin...
When MS bought Bethesda, it was said that Bethesda would operate independently of Xbox Studios. I imagine that the promotional side is still Bethesda based on the initial talk. You can point the finger at Bethesda here.

If it is MS, then great job Aaron. Another banger of a marketing campaign. Keep that job you obviously shouldn't have.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Why would a Redfall "delay" confirm Starfield for Q3/Q4 2023?
Considering we've seen way more of Redfall than Starfield (who was reported in a "Cyberpunk-ish" rough state by Jason Schreier), it is pretty obvious that Redfall is releasing before Starfield.

If Redfall indeed releases in May 2023 (assuming Forza either releases around March or August), Starfield would release after that. It's a big title, so a Holiday release would become more likely.

For now the 12 months promise still holds up, barely. It's highly unlikely we will see Forza 8, Starfield and Redfall in that window though. It looks like it was another lie from Microsoft.
It’s not a “lie”. Games get delayed literally all the time, especially on these new consoles. It’s not a conspiracy, and it’s not all about you. For real, grow up

Last edited:

Fredrik

After Deathloop, I'm not so sure.
Huh? It got great reviews and won a bunch of awards.
Problem for me personally is that I got motion sick after like 15 minutes of Deathloop, no idea what they did, odd FOV maybe, and now they’re making another first person game. But it’s Gamepass, I’ll be there day 1 giving it a spin.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
All I know is they would be wise to avoid
May and June. I’m putting Starfield in that conversation as well. May is Nintendos month and Tears will have long legs. As far as June is concerned if they release it in June I will buy it on PC but
4NJXRkf.jpg

This is just my PS5 list for the month. Going to be a rough month for a new rpg franchise. Decisions will be made.

Edited to add: if they can’t get redfall out by the end of March they should just wait wait until august. Don’t send it out to die
I see your point, but 2023 is pretty much packed. There's no room, and many games will have to be sent to their deaths if they aren't good enough to compete. If it is good enough, it will survive.
  • January = Dead Space Remake
  • February = Hogwart's Legacy
  • March = Jedi Survivor
  • April = Horizon Burning Shores
  • May = Zelda
  • June = Final Fantasy XVI
That's just one big game per month. There'll be plenty others, including highly anticipated Indies like Hollow Knight Silksong and Hades 2. In H2 2023, there will be giants like Spider-Man 2.

I see your point, but 2023 is pretty much packed. There's no room, and many games will have to be sent to their deaths if they aren't good enough to compete. If it is good enough, it will survive.
  • January = Dead Space Remake, Fire Emblem, Forspoken, One Piece, Persona series
  • February = Hogwart's Legacy, wild hearts, atomic heart, like a dragon Ishin . D2 Lightfall, PSVR2 launch
  • March = Jedi Survivor, Wo Long, Resident evil 4 remake
  • April = Horizon Burning Shores, Dead Island 2
  • May = Zelda, Suicide Squad
  • June = Final Fantasy XVI, Street Fighter 6, Diablo IV
That's just one big game per month. There'll be plenty others, including highly anticipated Indies like Hollow Knight Silksong and Hades 2. In H2 2023, there will be giants like Spider-Man 2.

And this is just what we know about. Next year will really be survival of the fittest. The good games will rise to the top and almost all the games in the first half of the year were delayed from this year so you know they are all mostly sticking

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Huh? It got great reviews and won a bunch of awards.
Problem for me personally is that I got motion sick after like 15 minutes of Deathloop, no idea what they did, odd FOV maybe, and now they’re making another first person game. But it’s Gamepass, I’ll be there day 1 giving it a spin.
Still have no idea how/why that happened. The game really failed to hold my attention for long enough; it wasn't bad at all but just felt very meh ...

qWg2h6c.jpg

Fredrik

Still have no idea how/why that happened. The game really failed to hold my attention for long enough; it wasn't bad at all but just felt very meh ...

qWg2h6c.jpg
My timer says 43 minutes and 0 achievements unlocked lol
Obviously can’t say much, or anything, about the actual game except that it got me motion sick and that’s that. It might’ve been a great game but I don’t enjoy feeling sick so 🤷‍♂️
I skipped Bungie’s Halo for the same reason, they did something that messed up my head, maybe fps instability or a FOV thing, or maybe I’m just broken idk

Top Bottom