• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021 - Official Announce Trailer | An Arkane Austin Production

Sacred

I liked all the unique cool powers and the co-op aspect could be fun. Really wasn't a fan of the characters designs.

Robb

Gold Member
I was pretty disappointed just by the concept of this...

But I've really enjoyed most of Arkane's prior games, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until they show more.

b0uncyfr0

It seem's ok, but then again CGI. Take it with a grain of salt. If they've done somethig special with the game play (like playing any player or somethng cool like that). Id really be down. Too early to tell though.

Greggy

A disappointing to see an arcade game without story focus but we need to find out more, it might be the case. It came across as a Left for Dead like but with powers too.
I'm curious but not overhyped. Long live game pass.

Pallas

A bit deflating as a closer but overall if this is anything like L4D then it could be a lot of online fun, plus the developers are pretty solid.

THE:MILKMAN

Like others have said, what can we really take away from a CGI trailer (by Blur again?)

On the other hand it did feature The Five Stairsteps O-o-h Child so that redeemed it a little though.

Rippa

Better be 3rd person for me to even download it to my console.

If it First Person, Arkane can keep it.

This is an open world vampire game that can be played online if you want. This is Arkane so it will be quality calm down. Surprised people are so skeptical after their track record I don't know why that it is.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Was kinda excited for a vampire game from Arkane, but goddammit, can everyone just just stop with the Fortnite aesthetic?

Smite and Stranger Things. Now this.

I get it. Fortnite made a billion dollars...but please just stop already.

Last edited:

FireFly

I really wish it was...it's getting depressing.

Bleeding Edge, Grounded and now Woke Squad....fuck me.
Microsoft completed the acquisition like 3 months ago. I think it takes longer than that to decide the entire focus of a game.

Last edited:

blacktout

It cringed me out of my chair. Really can’t believe this is what ended the show

Seriously. I don't know what they were thinking. I guess they didn't want to end with Forza, since they wanted to do a deep dive into the game, but yikes. Low point of an otherwise solid presentation.

Sacred

Oh god...it's already started.

Arkane are the only Bethesda studio I care about and Phil already has them turning out shit. I don't know how he does it...it's like an artform.

I knew this would happen.

Again, they were working on this before they were acquired, nothing to do with MS...

kyliethicc

C76G8ho.gif

Animagic

Banned
unknown.png

During the Xbox Bethesda Showcase, Phil Spencer unveiled for the first time Redfall, Arkane's new game (Dishonored, Prey, Deathloop) which will be exclusive to Xbox consoles.

While it will still be an FPS like the studio's previous games, this time the game will be open-world and promises an immersive experience playable both alone and with friends.
The title action takes place on the picturesque island of Redfall, Massachusetts, which is besieged by a legion of vampires who have blocked the sun and cut off the island from the outside world.

To face your enemies, you will be able to choose your hero from a diverse roster and build the perfect team of vampire slayers.
Unlike Deathloop which is scheduled for this end of the year on PS5 and PC, Redfall will be exclusive to Xbox consoles as announced by Phil Spencer.
Scheduled for 2022, the game will be available in Xbox Game Pass on PC and Xbox Series.

How to title our game? Hm...

*insert noun* + “fall”.

Spacefish

prey released in 2017, unless they were sitting on their hands for years this was probably approved way before Microsoft came on board. I guess this makes more sense as a result of the zenimax era, it looked like they were cutting budgets across the board and pushing for multiplayer in everything seems like something they would have done, deathloop still looks like a budget game and I'm pretty sure its because arkane was close to being downsized.

Top Bottom