• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

"Star Wars is popular... but it's expensive to film. Mad Max is popular, they just shot that in a desert. We can do that! Throw some shit around!"

Rich and Jay describing the thought process behind 90% of all b-movies made in the 1980s.

All these Ghostbuster connections is pretty neat.

Last edited:
LOL "Adventures in the Creep Zone" was a real thing. And this was the director's previous film:

91NJLGYnrpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Patiently waiting for a new Half in the Bag to tear apart Army of the Dead...

But in the meantime, here's a reupload of Diamond Cobra vs the White Fox, since RLM seems to have given up on reuploading it.

I remember seeing Ice Pirates as a super young kid and not liking it. I think I found it kinda off-putting and boring. Though like 10 years ago I rewatched it out of curiosity and rather enjoyed it. Granted I had had a few drinks but that's pretty much the way you'd need to watch a movie such as this.

Maybe I spaced out but I don't think they mentioned the movie has a total non-ending, to the point where Jay's proposed ending would work just as well. Though the original intended ending sounded pretty stupid so maybe it's better the movie just suddenly ends. =P

Censor was good but Saint Maud is way better IMO. I was hoping they would cover it eventually but I guess a mention in this episode is the most it'll get.

Black Widow was worse than Captain Marvel IMO, so I'm looking forward to them tearing it apart in their next HitB

So we've got the holy trinity of Rich, Jay, and Mike. Who's everybody's favorite 4th member? I'm partial to Jack.
Literally anyone but Josh. He's rubbed me the wrong way since the very beginning, when he made his friends call him "Wizard". What kind of a person does that?? lol

Black Widow HitB!

I can't believe they didn't mention the bad Russian accents - they were my only source of enjoyment because the CG action scenes in Marvel movies are boring as hell to me.

Edit:
I decided to watch one of the director's other films, Berlin Syndrome, because their description reminded me of Silent Hill 4: The Room (it's not). It's actually not a bad film - it kept us engaged, didn't have boring green-screen action, and it had actors who didn't have to do horribly phony accents. It's a thousand times better than Black Widow in every way... and yet it won't get half the recognition that BW will.
I kinda feel bad for these directors who have their creativity and vision stifled in these Marvel films. I'm sure that at some point, BW's script had more weight to it in regards to its messaging, but over time was reduced to this... junk. But then again, these yes man/woman directors probably get paid really well so I probably shouldn't feel bad at all lol

Kudos to Edgar Wright for still being the only person to have the balls to say "fuck this shit"

Last edited:
So we've got the holy trinity of Rich, Jay, and Mike. Who's everybody's favorite 4th member? I'm partial to Jack.

I certainly have my least favorite 4th members but a favorite...honestly, not really sure. I will say that other than when he heavily targeted Rich during his first appearance, Culkin of all people was surprisingly entertaining, although he'd probably get tiring if he was a regular and not a special guest. =P

Black Widow HitB!

I can't believe they didn't mention the bad Russian accents - they were my only source of enjoyment because the CG action scenes in Marvel movies are boring as hell to me.

Looks like their "dislike the video" request is working. As of this posting it's at 10k likes and 10k dislikes.

Last edited:

Mike & Jay Talk About Pig

I watched Pig last week - it's a great but depressing film.
However, a lot of people who were hyped to see it in the OT thread thought they were getting another John Wick for some reason (maybe the trailers made it seem that way? IDK I usually avoid trailers) lol

Last edited:

Looks like no one cared enough to post the Trivia Rematch.

Don't blame you though, they fucked up letting Josh pick the questions (Or allowing him to be involved at all). Mike's general confusion over "I would have also accepted creamed corn" might be the best part.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Don't blame you though, they fucked up letting Josh pick the questions (Or allowing him to be involved at all). Mike's general confusion over "I would have also accepted creamed corn" might be the best part.

I thought it was great. I didn't bother posting about it because the community has really died off in here and I feel like I'm talking to myself lol.

I love those kind of episodes when they slowly descend into madness. But it is hard to talk about it.

Those are always fun. I think two of my favorites are the Ryan's Babe and Robot in the Family episodes. Those movies broke everyone's mind and just watching them go over the movie's events, seeing the clips and hearing all crazy reactions and confusion comes close to breaking the mind of the the viewers as well. And we're not even watching the anything close to the full movie(s) they saw. =P

bender

What time is it?

What's wrong with Josh?

200.gif

Oh jeez... 42 minute HiTB on Demonic. I posted my thoughts in the Demonic OT, just going to quote it here:

Saw this a few days ago. It's a 5/10 at best. Felt very low budget, but upon doing some research it seems that it was actually filmed "in secret" during the COVID lockdown so I guess their resources were limited. The CGI dreamscapes are pretty cool, though. Can't say the same for the practical effects - the 'monster' design is cool but its actual appeareance in the film reminded me of the original Alien in a bad way (it's very clearly a guy in a rubber suit).

But anyway, the script constantly feels like it's going to go one direction but then falls short. Like when the Vatican Black Ops are revealed, I was expecting something awesome to happen. But then they all die off-screen lmao

I have a feeling they're going to be a LOT more harsh on it considering it's 42 minutes lmao

Last edited:
What's wrong with Josh?

200.gif

Just one of those things where I was fine with him for the longest time and slowly grew annoyed with him over time and now find him really obnoxious. Him getting passive aggressive over Mike and Rich not giving a shit about his laborious recap of Doctor Butcher MD in that one botw put me off a bit too. I will say I think he works very well doing re:views with Jay though.

Malignant is their next HitB, announced on Patreon.
It'll probably show up on YT today or tomorrow. I actually enjoyed it because it goes completely off-the-wall during the third act in a very fun way. I recommend watching it before you get spoiled, but I'm under the impression that most people who watch RLM don't actually care about spoilers lol

Top Bottom