• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy has signed a global development/license/distribution agreement with Tencent for their co-op multiplayer game codenamed Vanguard

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Well of course, Remedy were always greedy cunts and have accepted any shady deals. They did it with Alan Wake with that stupid exclusivity back then as far as I remember and same with Quantum Break which was a total failure and almost made them bankrupt, then they did it with Control with Epic Store, now this shit.

c9f692c2d925213aeaded722a88e7f64.png

jakinov

I want say something to your reply but i already got a warn for calling ppl names so all I have to say is, your post is extremely YIKES. You did not even read my post properly. Enjoy living in your own world. Let mature ppl discuss.
What's yikes about it? The only part I misread/mistype was I said Control isntead of Quantum Break which is still untrue either way.

Holammer

Tbh, they need to partner with Tencent. Without the partnership it's nigh impossible for them to get the game certified for the Chinese market.
A Korean or Japanese partner couldn't handle distribution because the game is rigged.

What I'm curious about is how heavily they'll modify the Chinese version to accommodate Chinese censorship and rules.

Leyasu

Banned
Well of course, Remedy were always greedy cunts and have accepted any shady deals. They did it with Alan Wake with that stupid exclusivity back then as far as I remember and same with Quantum Break which was a total failure and almost made them bankrupt, then they did it with Control with Epic Store, now this shit.

Why would a game like Quantum Break nearly bankrupt then when the publisher(Microsoft) paid for it's development. Unless there is something to the deal that I am missing

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Free to play? Mobile? Good night sweet prince.
Tencent is going to license out the mobile version.
But yes its free to play on PC/Console with tencent expecting profit sharing?....Microtransactions out the ass!

Love Remedy games but if they're going a shooter genre game they have a lot to learn about console controls. Shit should be as tight as Apex or Halo on console. Period.

Love they're going coop narrative though. Solid.

Boss Mog

People is angry because they hate comunism, Tencent is Chinese and they think the Chinese government or its ruling party controls all the companies in the country and does many awful things. Many of them boogeyman propaganda stories coming from China becoming the top 1 in many areas.

They may not know the Chinese government/CCP also fucked Tencent in multiple times and may also ignore their country also did awful stuff in places lke Guantanamo or the Middle East.

Regarding gaming companies, Asia is the biggest region in the world in terms of players and revenue, so game companies want to publish their games there. Specially China, because it's the first country of the world in revenue. In the same way that if you want to release and be successful in the west on consoles you must pass an age rating and certificate by Sony/Nintendo/MS/whatever and if possible to get the support from these platform holders to get enough visibility to be very successful, same goes with China: you should get their certificates and if possible to partner with a top publisher or platform holder from there to get enough visibility in that market.

So it's normal to see western or Japanese publishers to partner with companies like Tencent to publish the game in China. Specially companies where these Chinese invested money, as it is the case of Remedy. In most cases these Chinese companies invest on a western company that already is successful and help them to enter the Chinese market, helping them to grow in a win-win relationship. So the value of this company increases, so their investment becomes more profitable. They don't try to influence in these companies, and even if they would want they couldn't do it with a (often tiny) minority stake, as it's what they have in the cases of Remedy, Epic or Ubisoft just to name a few.
Spoken like a true CCP shill.

Top Bottom