• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy is remaking Max Payne 1/2 for modern consoles + PC

T-Cake

I hope Sam Lake provides his face again!
I bet that's the first thing to go. They will want a uniform look across both games so it'll be Max number 2 (or even a different version of that) will be the one. They altered Alan Wake in the remaster.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
They better not fuck up the gritty New york atmosphere !

doc martin lol GIF by Acorn TV

YES! Loved 1&2 growing up. I was young enough that I didn't catch the tongue-in-cheek-ness of it all and took it at face value. Felt like a hard-boiled badass.

Curious to see how/if they change things. Gameplay could only improve, and as for the storytelling, I wonder whether they keep something as shocking and blunt as
killing a new mother and her baby, showing the aftermath
in the opening scenes.
Please don't re-record the voices, please don't re-record the voicelines, please do not re-record the voice acting.

The audio was already pretty scratchy in the originals from what I remember. Unless they have masters hiding somewhere with better quality, I'm thinking they'd have to re-record.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Please don't re-record the voices, please don't re-record the voicelines, please do not re-record the voice acting.

It would be real weird if they remake them and use the 20 year old audio sources.

I think it's a safe bet they re-record.

Now whether the original cast is asked back or not that's a different matter.

Aesius

Anyone else remember the brief period in 2003 when Max Payne 2 was legitimately the best looking game to date? I remember people posting high resolution screenshots and everyone was blown away by the visual quality. I think it held the title until Far Cry was released in spring 2004.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remedy Entertainment has recently announced that it would be developing full-fledged remakes of Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2 in partnership with Rockstar Games. Given the massive popularity of this IP, it seems fair to assume that more than a few fans are waiting with bated breath for these remakes. And with anticipation always comes expectations. On that note, we present 10 things that Max Payne 1 and 2 Remakes definitely need.

Amazing fucking game. Please play it on PC if you can. You don't need multiplayer since it was not great to begin with and I think servers might be down now too.
I played all 3 Max Paynes concurrent with their time of release. When 3 came out, I first balked at it because it wasn't the same style as the first 2. I put it away, disappointed, thinking, "This ain't MY Max Payne." But I was wrong. Over time, I've come back to 3 again and again. It seems to get better with each playthrough. Amazing game indeed.

amigastar

I played all 3 Max Paynes concurrent with their time of release. When 3 came out, I first balked at it because it wasn't the same style as the first 2. I put it away, disappointed, thinking, "This ain't MY Max Payne." But I was wrong. Over time, I've come back to 3 again and again. It seems to get better with each playthrough. Amazing game indeed.
Yes, i've done mulitple playthroughs of this game and i don't finish games more than once usually. Great game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Max Payne Remake - Unreal Engine 5 Showcase | Exclusive "Teaserplay" Concept Trailer

Max Payne Remake was officially Announced a few weeks ago. We tried to provide an overview of the Gameplay and Possible graphics using Unreal Engine 5 And determine the level of expectations of us and the fans from the final version

This Concept Trailer has Made Exclusively by us TeaserPlay with high-end graphics features such as Lumen, Nanite, Screen Space Ray Tracing and Global Illumination

We also designed an exclusive fan-favorite face for Max Payne that is a mash-up of Sam Lake and James McCaffrey

Dr.Morris79

these videos are just people throwing bunch of marketplace assets etc together in UE without any art direction involved and call it remake
I know. It's just a tad bonkers that these 'fans' dont seem to get the damn source they're meant to be fans of

Seems to be an ongoing trend as of late.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The studio also commented on future Control projects, revealing that Control 2 is currently in the "proof of concept" stage, meaning the title has not yet entered full development. The same is the case for Codename: Condor, the service-based Control multiplayer game. These projects are likely still years away. Codename: Vanguard, a completely mysterious title from a small team within the studio, is also in the proof of concept phase, which was a deliberate choice from the studio not to rush the game's development.

Finally, the Max Payne remakes, which the studio is developing in collaboration with Rockstar Games, are still currently in the concept stage, meaning they are still in early pre-production and will likely not enter full development for possibly another year. While the future of Remedy Entertainment seems very clear from these updates, the studio is being= careful not to stretch itself too thin and rush its titles currently in development, a respectable move.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Remake or GTA Triologi style remaster? I think the later…
Based on the AAA budget line I think probably full remake.

If they were to remaster, Alan Wake's remaster was pretty good, so I wouldn't be worried, but it sounds like they are going for something more ambitious.

For fucks sake 4k 60 max Payne 3 the gunplay on that game was the best in the industry .all the games that came after that were no where near maxpayne 3

ABeezy1388

Somehow I missed playing this series growing up. My friend had MP1 on PC and I watched him play it a bit but very little memory of the game itself. So needless to say I’m excited.

I may have to go back and emulate 1&2 on PCSX2

ABeezy1388

Dude those games are on PC. Why would you emulate the console version?
Are they as easy as download and play on a windows 11 pc? I wasn’t sure if they ran/played nice or not. I don’t want to do a bunch of trickery to get them working.

Also didn’t look up cost (I assume super cheap) but obviously emulating doesn’t cost me money… and I’m a big fan of retro achievements lol! (Which looks like they don’t have yet as of this posting)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Are they as easy as download and play on a windows 11 pc? I wasn’t sure if they ran/played nice or not. I don’t want to do a bunch of trickery to get them working.

Also didn’t look up cost (I assume super cheap) but obviously emulating doesn’t cost me money… and I’m a big fan of retro achievements lol! (Which looks like they don’t have yet as of this posting)
Apparently they don't work out of the box and need some manual patching.

Top Bottom